Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Diehard was a really good movie, they should have started making fewer movies after that, except for the ones I like (I have liked maybe 15 movies since then)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Verhoeven made a 'rape comedy' this year that got good reviews at cannes also black book is v good

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

If only Kubrick were still alive today

We need more insane directors that sneak conspiracy poo poo into their movies while also making them good in their own right

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I thought Prisoners from 2013 was a very good modern day movie.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
we'd get more movies like Under the Skin

that poo poo was bonkers

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol if you think narrative cinema has any artistic merit

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
video game are art

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
posting is aform of art;

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ArmZ posted:

lol if you think narrative cinema has any artistic merit

Why wouldn't it

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

If anything, there's more auteurs today than before.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I thought Prisoners from 2013 was a very good modern day movie.

Yeah, that's one if my 15. Nightcrawler too, Jake Gyllenhall is on a solid run lately

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol at these goons who don't think Aliens owned hard.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

Zorodius posted:

I just wish more directors had the courage to take on Robocop and the Robocop universe. What would a Lynchian Robocop be like?

it's easier for me to imagine a Cronenberg Robocop before a Lynch one, mostly because of the tech meets the flesh aspect

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, that's one if my 15. Nightcrawler too, Jake Gyllenhall is on a solid run lately

Oh yeah, nightcrawler was great.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

FogHelmut posted:

Lol at these goons who don't think Aliens owned hard.

Cameron once admitted in an interview that his third favorite Alien movie was AVP

Fincher disowned Alien 3 because the producers pretty much took it from him
(and made garbage)

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Fried Watermelon posted:

If only Kubrick were still alive today

We need more insane directors that sneak conspiracy poo poo into their movies while also making them good in their own right

kubrick was crazy but for some reason people really like to paint him to be some sort of secret genius using poo poo that he never even did or with poo poo that isnt even all that weird

he borderline tortured shelly duvalle by forcing her to do like 50 takes at a time but instead the real measure of his craziness is he made sure the set design in his movie was on point even though it was black and white!!! a green table??? haha wow what a crazy loon!

i saw a documentary of kubrick conspiracies and a good chunk of them were just fuckin made up. there are no hidden secret frames with dicks in them where u said they were, dude

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
haha i love these "remember when" threads

remember when the op was a fetus? lmao

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

remember when cavemen smeared their nasty nutty shits all the walls of the cave bc they managed not to get gored by a gigantic antelope today?

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

Verhoeven posted:

American cinema today is missing all existential thought. There's no questioning society. No politics. Studios try to make themselves feel good with the movies that make it to the Oscars.

:agreed:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

wait what do you mean to say that american filmmaking industry is a petty money grabb aaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AAGAGHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

during the production of RoboCop Verhoeven would often refer to women as bitches due to the fact that he didn't know the englishes good enough language and nobody corrected him. this made it into the film with the line spoken by Boddicker to the two hookers, "Bitches, leave."

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

BirryJoru posted:

during the production of RoboCop Verhoeven would often refer to women as bitches due to the fact that he didn't know the englishes good enough language and nobody corrected him. this made it into the film with the line spoken by Boddicker to the two hookers, "Bitches, leave."

Sharen Stone didn't know her hoohaa was gonna be in Basic Instinct until she saw the movie

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
Comic books have ruined the movie industry.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
naked lunch is the best

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Confounding Factor posted:

naked lunch is the best

Agreed.

There's a p good movie and book with the same name, interestingly enough.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Agreed.

There's a p good movie and book with the same name, interestingly enough.

society is a good one too

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

society is a good one too

:mrgw:

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

Alien is great, Aliens loving sucks rear end
this is the only correct opinion about the franchise, btw

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Schnabel posted:

this is the only correct opinion about the franchise, btw

yep.

i like lovely movies, but that film is like having a facehugger latched to your face

jim cameron is an arrogant empty-headed piece of poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

yep.

i like lovely movies, but that film is like having a facehugger latched to your face

Avatar is amazing and brilliant omg omfg

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Why wouldn't it

you post in GBS enough that you should know ArmZ only makes smug drive-by posts and you will never get anything of substance out of him

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Avatar is amazing and brilliant omg omfg

those capitalist bastards bulldozed our treehouse

parker rules imo

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

yep.

It never ceases to amaze me how "the people in this movie behave like actual human beings" doesn't seem to be important to movie critics and audiences. Every single person in Aliens is a completely flat caricature, yet the movie is generally considered good smh

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how "the people in this movie behave like actual human beings" doesn't seem to be important to movie critics and audiences. Every single person in Aliens is a completely flat caricature, yet the movie is generally considered good smh
the queen alien is more human than the humans.

but seriously the film is terrible on every level. i dont really care it has nothing to do with the atmosphere/horror of the first film, but jesus atleast make it good.

game over man is cringe

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

AugmentedVision posted:

you post in GBS enough that you should know ArmZ only makes smug drive-by posts and you will never get anything of substance out of him

helllloooooooooooooooooo????

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Korrine is try hard hack piece of poo poo

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvBo_rKleNw

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Is Cinema Discusso still there?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Kubrick good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Korrine is try hard hack piece of poo poo

Nah, his stuff just makes people uncomfortable, but it's good. Spring Breakers owns.

• Locked thread