Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

wiegieman posted:

Unfortunately, you're right on the money. The writing disappeared further and further up its own rear end in a top hat, where it installed a very large stick.

Yep. 5 was decent. It took itself too seriously, but it wasn't afraid to be campy at times. 6 was 100% played straight though and thus had a story that wasn't fun at all. Especially when you find out you have to play the different campaigns all at the same time if you want it in chronological order.

I've not played the newest one, however. It any good?

Also, i'll go ahead and vote for Paladin to give the class I played though KB with some love :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm glad I'm not alone in my love of Royal Snakes. My first game had a stockpile of 500 or so at the Menagerie. It took me through most of the game. I never found a spawner for them in any of my other games though. :(

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Well... as awesome as having a Ghost-baron would be, and the fact that his story is probably the true one, I have to go with Norge. Why? He is utterly correct that the status of a man's mustache tells all about their leadership ability.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Picayune posted:

Evil Shoal is great. :allears:

Anyway, I vote attack. Sounds like the barbarians would sort of enjoy that!

Attack, They will respect us if we beat them

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Too bad that long quest chain didn't give you a new magic rune. But you know what they say, its not easy being green. Is it, princess? :frog:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Delacroix posted:

I like to think that King's Bounty provides a way of scratching that old HoMM itch since the newer ubisoft ones have gone in another direction.

I know VI wasn't very great, as I have it and played it a bit. I never got into it. Is 7 any better?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I never realized that you get the manuscript from that particular tomb. I've always gone past it and left the zone without knowing how to finish that quest

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

We've killed hundreds of men already. What's one more? Destroy the statue

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

But magic is even stronger in the game, as shown here. Why not disable that too?

Are any of the later games worth picking up? I played through most of this one but never bothered buying the sequels

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

It's technically not. We have killed exactly 80 Elven troops, worth 5450 Leadership. It's just too small to show up (much like the exactly 2 Demons we have slain, and 1 solitary Dwarven Cannoneer).

Still unacceptably small :argh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Let's go for Harry, mostly because I like his hair the most. But also because gold is nice and assured, unlike "protection" and "map"

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Attack Mano. He's the cause of this non-problem by forcing our hand. Wild Duke just wants an honest paycheck :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Picayune posted:

Robbers, huh? I don't trust this Father Pavel. :crossarms:

He's stealing.... Stealing souls for God :catholic:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The one time I finished that fight I had a giant stack of royal snakes to help me.

I didn't have a giant stack of anything by the end of it. :smith:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Like an good wizard nerd, we love us some trains

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

2. Miner (4771)

How many miners do the dwarves have? This is basically depopulating a small town of them

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I say we go ahead and Accept his apology. I mean, he did eventually let us buy his stuff and the armies he tried to kill us with were mostly just +XP

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

This is right about where I quit on my longest playthrough years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the game. There's what, 1/3 left? 1/2?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Just cast a resurrect spell on your arm by killing off a bunch of stupid horsemen. What's the big problem :confused:

Glad to see you back and getting better :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Orc needs to die. He hurt turtle :(

• Locked thread