Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
While I liked playing the mage class last time I played this....

Warrior
Bill Gilbert

That would also be the cannon choice, if anybody cares.

What can I say? I like continuity :shrug:

Also Emblem C

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I played this game once, as a paladin, and eventually lost interest somewhere around the bit with dwarves, if I recall correctly. Maybe if I'd gone with a different class I would've finished.

Ugh, yeah the Paladin had issues in the first game. I seem to recall that the sequel managed to fix most of the problems with said class.

Then again, I didn't play the sequel more than a few hours because

A: I was getting burned out on the series after finishing the first game twice.

B: And holy poo poo did they increase the difficulty

mauman fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Magic was Overpowered as gently caress in the original, so I understand why people are voting for mage (might as well show it when it was stupidly good).

The sequel nerfed it to hell and back (though it did deserved to be nerfed).

anilEhilated posted:

I really need to give Crossworlds another shot. I burned out on it pretty early because I got it along with this one and went straight from finishing Legends to it. Bad idea.

Ditto.

mauman fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 18, 2016

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

wiegieman posted:

Unfortunately, you're right on the money. The writing disappeared further and further up its own rear end in a top hat, where it installed a very large stick.

I'm still bitter about how MM7's evil ending didn't become cannon because HMM fans complained about the sci-fi element.

Never mind that Might and Magic games (and by backstory extension, HMM games) ARE sci-fi.

R.I.P. laser-wielding necromancers :negative:

mauman fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 21, 2016

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Night10194 posted:

Wasn't there originally a Heavenly Forge faction planned for one of the Heroes games? Because that would've ruled.

Yeah.

That was supposed to be the lead on from the mm7 evil ending that I mentioned. Evil necromancers acquire the heavenly forge, make super technology, and go nuts.

It had :allears: painted all over it.

What do they say? This is why we can't have nice things?

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

poo poo....double post.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Night10194 posted:

Heroes 1 started with Lord Ironfist accidentally teleported through a sci-fi transporter system (while fleeing his attempted treachery against his king) to a world where he found all you had to do was build structures and pay money and all manner of fantastical creatures would literally spontaneously generate and fight for you.

Such sanctity and seriousness.

Also, MM7 was loving awesome and the Evil route was the best.

Not to mention that the "demons" they constantly fought were explicitly described as "creatures from another world" or aliens......yeah, those "fans" had their heads WAY up their asses :bang:

Also, you have great taste :hfive:

Back to King's bounty though, I admit I've never played the other games and only a little of armored princess (and I own all of them due to steam sales). I'm thinking of starting another go at it though to go with this lp.

mauman fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 22, 2016

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Welp, since we're going to be a mage, then you better get your butt to higher magic and bend the game in two :downs:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Slaan posted:

I'm glad I'm not alone in my love of Royal Snakes. My first game had a stockpile of 500 or so at the Menagerie. It took me through most of the game. I never found a spawner for them in any of my other games though. :(

Same here, but my 2nd game for me.

Royal snakes are amazing (other snakes are good too though if you have the gear to boost them).

Amazing that a freaking snake could be a unit that you could possibly take to end game.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Help Gostrim

Norge sounds like a jerk

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Poil posted:

Eggs are such junk items, at least the snake eggs have a small chance to give you royal snakes (I think)

They do. I know this from experience. You COULD save scum it if you really felt like doing so I suppose, but the chance is so small that I think even I would go insane from such an endeavor.

Loxbourne posted:

Wait, hold on. The werewolf transformation is at random?

Nooooooo?

I don't think it's random, it's just not implemented well. I think he means it eats up a turn, hence not at-will.

mauman fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Your wife turning into the robber chief is quite funny.

Though I have a feeling you didn't mean to do that :downs:

mauman fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 4, 2016

• Locked thread