Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I haven't played since Beta but I'm having a blast with Evolve. But I wish it was possible to view what each character does in the game without having to buy and pick the hero in a match. I have enough keys to buy a new hero and I can't decide who to start unlocking first. Probably a support/medic as they're most likely to get a lot of use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Could I get some advice on Trappers/Medics to unlock? I feel like they would be the hardest for me to just choose on my own and also the most useful roles. Slim seems really easy to use so much that he seems like a pretty solid pick no matter what. Lazarus seems like one of those that gets pubbies raging "WHY DIDNT YOU HEAL ME" before I can get a chance to revive them.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey, where can I go to find goons to talk or play with? Any irc/discord or mumble? If not we could always start hanging out in CTS mumble.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just played a bunch of games with Knifegrab and it was basically the best thing ever. :allears:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Knifegrab posted:

Except for when I raged at those pubbies and told them to uninstall evolve :smith:

Silentkiller visibly got better as time went on. He lost two games as the monster then won two games as hunters with us.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Lost my 10 game win streak because I got made the monster. :smith:

It was a blast though. Now it's going to be hard to play this game without goons.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Goons are awesome but playing alone with pubbies suck. If only because they constantly join matches and immediately drop back out over and over.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Agreed. Man, I made the mistake going to the Evolve reddit. Figure it'd give me some more up to date advice and give me some decent reading material. But it seems to be inhabited by the "Don't you DARE try to RUIN MY GAME by picking a hunter you should already know is bad or by not being maxed out with a hunter in levels when you join MY GAME."

Just so many admitting to queue dodging for a variety of garbage reasons. Like they think they have the luxury of being picky with such a small playerbase.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Sunny is BAE.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Knifegrab posted:

Well it seems the game is drying up. It takes about 15-20 minutes to find a game where someone doesn't leave now.

I think that's less about the game drying up and more about people being leaving shitheads.

Also we had a hacker that was ending the games early. Surprise he's a youtuber and sounds like a little kid. Surprise again he has a VAC ban on record.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 28, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Kraken is easily my favorite monster, shame I don't have the keys to unlock him though when I still have all of the hunters to unlock. Speaking of, I'm probably unlocking either Maggie or Bucket when he is no longer free.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Patch coming on Tuesday: https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/balance-update-for-2-04-expected-8-2-next-tuesday/95973

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I too am one of the few that still wants to play this game. Because it's a good game damnit. :colbert:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Phorrum

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The changes to preferences mean that when I play solo basically means I'm stuck as monster. I just cannot stand playing monster that much so I'm really limited on when I get to play Evolve.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey if anyone here needs more people to play Evolve with I'd love to join. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Phorrum Just lemme know on Steam when you want to go.

In other news I don't like Emets gun. It lacks a cool factor to it beyond being a laser pointer for a hand. There just isn't a satisfying feedback when I fire, I'd rather fire each missile out individually and have the finger open up and pull back each time. Also would like his hand to move when running.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea I never really get to use Emet's weapons anyway cause I'm constantly throwing healing buoys.

Also there seems to be this undocumented bug where the Emet healing buoys have a pushback effect, launching pubbies away from wherever the buoys are placed leading to no healing being possible. Weird how it only seems to affect pubbies and not premade groups. /s

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
At least they fixed the Wraith exploit, only took a week. Maybe next year Quantum Caira will be viable. :v:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The best way to get a 100 win-streak is to be a monster.Even if you have a group of friends it's just better to play monster if you want a better chance at winning. It's ridiculous. Ran into a goliath player with 88 win streak going. Said he was going for the 100 because why not? So instead of these assholes playing ranked so they can fight people their skill level they can basically guarantee a pub stomp.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 11, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish they'd just grey out monster preference if you're in a group if they're going to keep groups from being the monster. Annoying to see 4 "Pref monster" while you pref assault then get sent to the monster because they're a premade.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
For reference Knifegrab is usually the one that is way ahead of everyone and domes the monster alone. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Knifegrab posted:

Can't keep up don't play with the big dogs.

Hey man I'm baby sitting the pubbie that keeps running into Megamouths and man-eater plants.

• Locked thread