Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

To be honest I really doubt it'll get that bad ever again, a whole lotta people have been pretty kind to it now with the F2P move and the big dropping numbers are kind of to be expected/not really surprising. Like it's a hot 'new' thing, it's free, everyone and anyone can boot it up for ten minutes and fart around then drop it, I'd be willing to bet it retains at least a decently healthy amount when it evens out and no matter what it'll always be in better shape than the shitshow it just recently even was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

That and I keep seeing constant wailing about Lazarus, who seems fine because I'm not and don't plan to be playing at ~high level~ or whatever, where he's apparently worthless? :shrug:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jack feels fun and good, is this hopefully a thing that stays pretty true as you go? About the only thing I've kind of neglected is the push ray because it never feels like I'm doing much with it, or at least as much as if I'd still just been laying into the monster with my pistols.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Boing posted:

I don't understand this because the push ray is the only part of Jack that is unique or interesting. It's a cool skill but it seems like you have nothing to do when you're not using it

Tossing the stake in the ground's gotten me a silly amount of monster finds, then pretty much blowing the scan the second it comes off CD and speeding around/sticking to the monsters is about what I've done so far.

That and for some reason I just really enjoy those pistols.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ularg posted:

Goons are awesome but playing alone with pubbies suck. If only because they constantly join matches and immediately drop back out over and over.

If one thing desperately needs to come, it's the ability for drop-in joins, because the AI seems to be complete rear end on a pretty sizable amount of the cast, so on top of the already frustrating gamble of solo queue, god help you if the game manages to stick you with a bot.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ularg posted:

Speaking of, I'm probably unlocking either Maggie or Bucket when he is no longer free.

Don't buy Bucket, he's the consecutive log-in reward on like day 4.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It seems like it's been hitting a pretty good slow finally, it's been hovering in the about mid/high-teen thousands for a little now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

turboraton posted:

Man I'm enjoying Bucket waaaay too much.

The robits just have a fun feel even if they're not super top tier picks right now, I love me summa that EMET fingerbang rocket action :pervert:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ZoninSilver posted:

Am I correct in prioritizing getting new characters first, or should I spend my keys early on on a perk in each tier? Don't know how matchmaking deals with me only having tier 1 perks so far.

I'd say grabbing characters is usually good first, you get plenty of perks just from leveling people up, though there are some you can only get with keys but that's not super vital if you're still pretty early in there.

Also jesus christ those vanilla Goliath buffs :stare:

That and boy is full CDR perks EMET gonna be nightmare after those changes, let me just burst heal as well as normal Val, except every 4 seconds.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 30, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

terrorist ambulance posted:

Wrecking pub hunters as a gorgon, wraith, or elder kraken with aggressive perks is just too easy to even be fun.

My last chunk of games and what's put me on I wanna say a 6 or some win streak now is just playing Behemoth period. A lot of people seemingly don't know what he does at all because he's such a rare pick.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

Lennox got nerfed I guess but Parnell is the best assault anyway so no change there.

Didn't they beat Parnell over the head a patch or two ago? Most recently I feel like I'd rather see a Markov or Blitzmark than anybody else.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

And they nerfed slim :psyduck:

Did they? I thought that all figured out to being better at least some. His burst cooldown got trimmed a pretty great deal, the shotgun's spread is tighter, which even if he lost 2 pellets, it sounded like it should work out to him being able to burst even more.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

As I thought, new and improved EMET feels super good. Slap those class cooldown perks on him and enjoy the higher heals while also pretty much negating the higher cooldown.

Also OGoliath is actually worth considering against Meaty now! That boulder splash damage is some "Rocks fall, everyone dies" poo poo.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 4, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It'd be cool if developers realized not every game needs to be comp esports balance model poo poo, it's a niche/gimmick thing in the first place, just make it more fun to play.

Like I'm still enjoying the game, but changes really are getting baffling.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

As soon as you learn vanilla Kraken nearly at all, have fun pretty much never losing again, because they're far and away the most ridiculous right now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Renegade Abe feels pretty good and is fun. Stack up poison DoTs, make the monster take more damage, play Abe like you always wanted to and just unload your shotgun in the monster's rear end.

Plus it's a cool idea to some part just because all the other spinoffs were in the same class, but Renegade Abe threw me for a loop at first because I didn't see him in trapper, only to realize he's an assault.

Yes, this does also mean you can now begin the process of making Shear into Planet of the Abes. :madmax:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Aug 17, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The Malthusian posted:

Trip report: Regular goliath still bad.

Long jump around, throw more rocks. The splash on vanilla Goliath rocks is insane.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's still fun enough to tool around with new guys so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Game was fun, it's a pity they hosed it all up again.

• Locked thread