Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Mister Bup posted:

I tried Slim now that he's free. What the gently caress is even happening.

I have no idea what I was doing. Do I aim the bug? Do I spam it or just send it out occasionally? What the gently caress is this?

Aim your healing drone at your teammate and you should see a green triangle above them when you release it. The drone will fly out then teleport to them if too far (otherwise it'll just stick to them). It's mostly for picking up fallen teammate from long range or toppling off people that's been hit by wildlife from across the map. It has no health and will get destroyed instantly if hit.

Slim's main healing source comes from his 4. His heal burst heals for less but has greater range then most other medic. He can reduce the cooldown of his 4 by shooting at things with his leech gun (based on pellet hit). In combat just fire off all your leech gun ammo, switch to spore launcher and fire, then switch back to your leech gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Liu posted:

does anyone know what actually happens if you buy a perk that you are due to unlock through levelling up? Are they all earnable? If not do they get replaced with something else?

It gets leveled up. If it's already maxed level you get some value of silver key.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Captain Beans posted:

Is there a set rule to how the monster melee attacks? Do you build up a 1 hit -> 2 hit -> heavy hit combo?

I've noticed with Gorgon sometimes I'll swipe with left or right claw, sometimes with both in a two fisted pound and occasionally a spiderman whip. It seems like the 2x pounder and the spiderman whip do more damage too.

Onboard graphics is gonna be a stretch I imagine, but hey its free so it won't cost you anything to try.

You always do a heavy attack when it's off cool down. I believe for most monster the cool down for heavy attack is 3 seconds.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What's the heavy? I only knew of left clicking and the specials.

Left clicking does heavy attack when heavy attack is off cool down.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Captain Beans posted:

Can you pounce targets in the air?

Yes, but not someone that's way above you. I've pounced people that tries to jump off a cliff to escape me before.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Doom Rooster posted:

It feels like efficiency also does reduce the cost of dodges, but I haven't tested it.

As far as I can tell it doesn't. Jetpack dodge always uses 25% of your energy.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
They just need to do a better job of refilling the vacant slot. In most cases just one player dodge when they didn't get what they want. Get someone with highest prefer from the queue to fill it and everyone's happy. There's like a whole minute of pre-game time for this to happen.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

aegof posted:

So what should I be doing as a Support or Medic to keep people alive. I just realized that shield/heal bursts have a range, but people seem to die much more quickly than they should, even if I don't have to run for a minute to catch up to the dome.

I've got the heal/fire grenade medic and have been using the current free(?) support, if those have something specific to keep in mind.

As long as you keep healing/shielding your teammate that's under attack that's really all you can do. Your teammate needs to be able to dodge some attacks themselves, otherwise the healing/shielding is not going to catch up with the monster's damage.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

That and I keep seeing constant wailing about Lazarus, who seems fine because I'm not and don't plan to be playing at ~high level~ or whatever, where he's apparently worthless? :shrug:

The entire gimmick of Lazarus is that he can revive downed and killed people super fast with no strike. With the dome mechanic change, getting downed greatly reduced dome timer, so how is his gimmick suppose to function? Maybe glove revive should add some dome timer back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Well, that's the problem, isn't it? The monster is just a huge pool of health, so some indication that puts your damage output into perspective isn't a terrible idea.

• Locked thread