Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WHOOPS posted:

Let's not go crazy, here.

That wasn't a minimum, it was an exact guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

E: I am retarded and posted this in the wrong tab.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The Eagles will be Real Bad and tempt me to drink heavily.

:smith:

edit: the Eagles win the NFC East at 6-10, Super Bowl is Bengals/Cardinals. The NFC East is disbanded for crimes against football.

http://nflplayoffpredictor.com/?L=EwRm5NM0Irq2g5pVPeJbFZ6mZIgmbRKOHNLMS60822e-JhPU1lDi7u3mkQyFscTtTzwiQA

AFC

1. Bengals (13-3)
2. Bills (12-4)
3. Colts (11-5)
4. Chiefs (9-7)
5. Pats (12-4)
6. Texans (11-5)

NFC

1. Cardinals (13-3)
2. Panthers (12-4)
3. Packers (11-5)
4. Eagles (6-10) :laffo:
5. Seahawks (12-4)
6. Lions (11-5)

axeil fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 4, 2016

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

axeil posted:

NFC

1. Cardinals (13-3)
2. Panthers (12-4)
3. Packers (11-5)
4. Eagles (6-10) :laffo:
5. Seahawks (12-4)
6. Lions (11-5)

Should have had the Lions get the #5 seed so that the Eagles could win a playoff game.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
AFC

1. Steelers (14-2) (I don't know how this happened.)
2. Patriots (13-3)
3. Raiders (12-4)
4. Colts (10-6)
5. Ravens (13-3)
6. Broncos (12-4)

NFC

1 Packers (16-0) (I don't know how this happened.)
2. Panthers (15-1)
3. Seahawks (13-3)
4. Giants (11-5)
5. Cardinals (13-3)
6. Vikings (11-5)

Super Bowl: Panthers over Pats

I'm obviously wrong, but that's what happened when I messed with the simulator.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MrLogan posted:

Should have had the Lions get the #5 seed so that the Eagles could win a playoff game.

The 6-10 Eagles beating the Lions in the Wild Card would be pretty hilarious.

More hilarious if we beat the Seahawks though.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Probably Magic posted:

AFC

1. Steelers (14-2) (I don't know how this happened.)
2. Patriots (13-3)
3. Raiders (12-4)
4. Colts (10-6)
5. Ravens (13-3)
6. Broncos (12-4)

NFC

2. Panthers (15-1)
3. Seahawks (13-3)
4. Giants (11-5)
5. Cardinals (13-3)
6. Vikings (11-5)

Super Bowl: Panthers over Pats

I'm obviously wrong, but that's what happened when I messed with the simulator.
Man that would be one hell of a competitive season. And of course the Colts would clinch the division with the worst record out of all of them.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
The Arizona Cardinals will win the Superbowl that is my prediction

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
aint no team in the NFCE winning 11 games lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol Broncos at 12 wins? That defense is incredible but only 4 losses with that schedule hmmm

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TBeats posted:

aint no team in the NFCE winning 11 games lol

Hey, if Romo stays healthy and Elliot is as good as advertised and the defense can crawl all the way up to below average, then they could maybe win 11 games! The NFC North has some stinker teams, and the Browns and maybe Ravens, and 49'ers/Buccaneers are both pretty beatable!

Haha, oh wow does Washington get hosed by the same place finisher games this year:

Washington: @Cardinals, Panthers
Eagles: @Seahawks, Falcons
Giants: @Rams, Saints,
Cowboys: @49ers, Buccaneers

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kalli posted:

Hey, if Romo stays healthy and Elliot is as good as advertised and the defense can crawl all the way up to below average, then they could maybe win 11 games! The NFC North has some stinker teams, and the Browns and maybe Ravens, and 49'ers/Buccaneers are both pretty beatable!

Haha, oh wow does Washington get hosed by the same place finisher games this year:

Washington: @Cardinals, Panthers
Eagles: @Seahawks, Falcons
Giants: @Rams, Saints,
Cowboys: @49ers, Buccaneers

I think if Eli can put some magic together the Giants have a good shot. They've got a decentish roster with a lot more depth than Washington or Dallas. I also like our chances but I'm a massive homer and it's probably way more likely we go 4-12 than get a playoff spot.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lol Broncos at 12 wins? That defense is incredible but only 4 losses with that schedule hmmm

AFCW plays both south divisions. It wouldn't be surprising if all 4 AFCW teams end up at 8-8 or better.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Hey, if Romo stays healthy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MrLogan posted:

AFCW plays both south divisions. It wouldn't be surprising if all 4 AFCW teams end up at 8-8 or better.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MrLogan posted:

I respect Denvers defense, they're great, but they're not as strong as last years (imo of course) and their quarterback play will be as dreadful or worse

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
In fairness, "dreadful or worse" was the QB situation last year.

But that said, they were in a lot of games that could have gone the other way and Peyton was still as smart of a QB as always. Only 4 losses is a pretty tall order.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He played 15, 15, 16 and 16 games the 4 seasons prior! Even if he's likely to destroy his neck and maybe die on the field this year, he's still pretty likely to play way more then 4 games!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Still need this as a gang tag.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

Still need this as a gang tag.
I crack up every time I see that because when I made it I thought it would get laughed off of the forums, but Metapod keeps it alive. And yes having that as a gang tag would be rad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's a beautiful piece of art and I will continue posting it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

AFC South is easily the best division.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kirios posted:

Confirmed.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

Why have NFCE clownball when you can have shitball instead.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

WHOOPS posted:

In fairness, "dreadful or worse" was the QB situation last year.

But that said, they were in a lot of games that could have gone the other way and Peyton was still as smart of a QB as always. Only 4 losses is a pretty tall order.

These are great points that need to be made whenever people think a Sanchez level QB can guide this team to 11 or 12 wins just because it happened the year before. Last year was the exception, not the rule. You can just point to the Brad Johnson-led Bucs and Dilfer-led Ravens that won SBs then became irrelevant teams even although they had great defenses. QB play is still vital. I also think the losses of Jackson and Trevathan can't be dismissed.

This is KC's division to lose.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
KC is coming back as a weaker team this year as well, no Justin Houston or Sean Smith

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Browns will have the number one pick

Because the eagles will be the worst team in the league!

The Browns will also have the second pick.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Where's Houston?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
In Texas

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Where's Houston?

Had a significant off season knee surgery and will miss a good chunk of the season

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Pron on VHS posted:

KC is coming back as a weaker team this year as well, no Justin Houston or Sean Smith

Houston is huge and I think Smith is significant but the Chiefs have continuity in the schemes going for them and a great running game. The Raiders-Chiefs match up is going to be all about the Raiders o-line v. Chiefs pass rush.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
And hopefully lots of beating each other up

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

And hopefully lots of beating each other up

That part tended to happen even when both teams were poo poo or one team was goodish and the other wasn't.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Probably Magic posted:

:laffo:

I know we won the lottery with the NFC East and AFC South this year but that's still not even happening.

e: Actually, gently caress it I'll break down the schedule.

Week 1 @ JAX: W - If the defense is as good as last year, otherwise PUSH
Week 2 @ MIN: PUSH
Week 3 v DET: W - That offense is going to struggle
Week 4 - BYE: I loving hate that bye weeks can come this early. They shouldn't start until week 6. PUSH
Week 5 v NYG: W - Giants only win in Lambeau in the playoffs
Week 6 v DAL: W - Will Romo even live long enough to play in this game?
Week 7 v CHI: W - That offense is going to struggle too
Week 8 @ ATL: W - LOL
Week 9 v IND: W - I'm rooting for Luck to improve on last year's struggles but not here, and wow that roster is bad
Week 10 @ TEN: W - LOL
Week 11 @ WAS: W - This one will be closer than it has any business being
Week 12 @ PHI: W - Thanks NFL for giving the Pack a cupcake at the end of a 3-game road trip
Week 13 v HOU: W - Man, this schedule is looking easy as hell
Week 14 v SEA: PUSH - Or at least, it WAS looking easy as hell
Week 15 @ CHI: PUSH - I mean, if no one important is injured at this point, and the Packers don't just drop this game because LOL Bears, uh
Week 16 v MIN: PUSH - I really feel like we're gonna drop one to them
Week 17 @ DET: W - I just don't think the Lions are going to be as good without Megatron

poo poo, now that I look at it there's no outright loss here. The Jaguars could hang 40 easy if the defense isn't as solid as it was last year, but if the offense is back to 2014 form, Rodgers and company could turn around and hang 50 on the Jags D, so that's a total crapshoot. Either way, I think this is a dark horse candidate for Game Of The Year.

Barring some kind of serious injury or a major collapse on defense (it's happened before - see 2011), I could honestly see 9-2 as the worst case scenario going into December.

I don't think 16-0 is within reach but, gently caress, 14-2 is if we get 2014's offense back with 2015's defense.

On the other hand, if those 5 pushes turn to losses and the Packers go 3-3 in the division again, this could easily evaporate to 9-7 and a tenuous grip on a wild card spot while the Vikings win the North again.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 6, 2016

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Wide receiver is probably the best unit on the Lions.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Fenrir posted:

On the other hand, if those 5 pushes turn to losses and the Packers go 3-3 in the division again, this could easily evaporate to 9-7 and a tenuous grip on a wild card spot while the Vikings win the North again.

Maybe the 1st Vikes game gets dropped because it's their 1st home game in the new stadium and they'll be pumped, but Packers wont drop both games to Minnesota unless Fire Island gives Aaron Rodgers an unlimited free pass and he retires week 1.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants going 12-4, sorry ya'll.

OBJ wrecks that punk rear end Norman twice.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The NFC East is a poo poo show

http://nflplayoffpredictor.com/?L=EwRjvMQnueqLkhyoUa62k4z8WSdSfXE8sjVI4g0Is5BvJlG08gua9Jt3mmgAGUcKA

AFC North
2 Cincinnati Bengals - 13-3
5 Pittsburgh Steelers - 12-4

Baltimore Ravens - 10-6
Cleveland Browns - 2-14

AFC South
1 Indianapolis Colts - 13-3

Houston Texans - 8-8
Jacksonville Jaguars - 7-9
Tennessee Titans - 5-11

AFC East
4 New England Patriots - 11-5

New York Jets - 7-9
Buffalo Bills - 6-10
Miami Dolphins - 6-10

AFC West
3 Denver Broncos - 11-5
6 Kansas City Chiefs - 11-5

Oakland Raiders - 9-7
San Diego Chargers - 5-11

NFC North
1 Green Bay Packers - 14-2
5 Minnesota Vikings - 9-7

Chicago Bears 6-10
Detroit Lions - 4-12

NFC South
2 Carolina Panthers - 13-3

New Orleans Saints - 6-10
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 5-11
Atlanta Falcons - 4-12

NFC East
4 Washington Redskins - 8-8

Dallas Cowboys - 7-9
Philadelphia Eagles - 7-9
New York Giants - 5-11

NFC West
3 Arizona Cardinals - 11-5
6 Los Angeles Rams - 9-7

Seattle Seahawks - 9-7
San Francisco 49ers - 3-13

Playoffs:

AFC Wild Card:
Patriots over Steelers
Broncos over Chiefs

NFC Wild Card:
Cardinals over Rams
Vikings over Redskins

AFC Divisionals:
Colts over Patriots
Broncos over Bengals

NFC Divisionals:
Packers over Vikings
Panthers over Cardinals

AFC Championship:
Colts over Broncos

NFC Championship:
Packers over Panthers

Super Bowl:
Packers over Colts

Draft Order:

1. Cleveland Browns
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. Detroit Lions
4. Atlanta Falcons
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6. New York Giants
7. Tennessee Titans
8. San Diego Chargers
9. New Orleans Saints
10. Miami Dolphins
11. Chicago Bears
12. Buffalo Bills
13. Dallas Cowboys
14. Philadelphia Eagles
15. New York Jets
16. Jacksonville Jaguars
17. Houston Texans
18. Seattle Seahawks
19. Oakland Raiders
20. Baltimore Ravens
21. Washington Redskins
22. Los Angeles Rams
23. Kansas City Chiefs
24. Pittsburgh Steelers
25. Minnesota Vikings
26. Arizona Cardinals
27. New England Patriots
28. Cincinnati Bengals
29. Denver Broncos
30. Carolina Panthers
31. Indianapolis Colts
32. Green Bay Packers

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fenrir posted:

Week 1 @ JAX: W - If the defense is as good as last year, otherwise PUSH
The Jaguars could hang 40 easy if the defense isn't as solid as it was last year, but if the offense is back to 2014 form, Rodgers and company could turn around and hang 50 on the Jags D, so that's a total crapshoot. Either way, I think this is a dark horse candidate for Game Of The Year.
I really dont think the Jaguars stand much of a chance barring freak injuries like Nelson's last year or if the Jaguar's defense is really feeling it by week one. This is one of those games that i think alter in the season once the Jaguar's defense has had time to mature would be really different, but Rodgers is likely to tear the Jaguars up week 1.

Also I like that the Jaguars have a week 4 or 5 buy (I forget which) because week 4-5 is their midseason considering they started training camp and thr non-stop grinding that is the NFL at the end of July. Also with the Jaguars a buy that early gives them time to correct the defense after a couple games.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Pron on VHS posted:

That's why I predict a 9-7 season at best. It's a repeat of 2014 all over again with really strong aspects to the team but with really bad glaring ones as well that cost games.

They'll be competitive though, even in those losses.

• Locked thread