Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

I went mushroom hunting and found a bunch of them. Dried them out and filled a gallon jar plus some.

I've been sauteing them in butter and it's awesome, but I want to get more creative. I also have a lot of morel stock that I've kept from re-hydrating for maybe a soup base or something.

Master Chefs, I implore you, lend me your mushroom secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Things I've learned that go really well with the shroom:

Shallots
Red Onions
A lot of butter
Garlic
A little bit of salt and pepper

What else is there?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Here's what I did tonight:

sauteed some morels in butter then put some garlic in

added a pat of butter, some heavy cream, and salt and pepper

almost done!

bowtie pasta with green peas and morel mushroom alfredo sauce

someone teach me to do better than this

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Simple is beautiful, you can just cook em in oil with garlic. Nothing wrong with that.

ooooooooor...

make them into a soufflé with thyme!

http://culinaryalchemist.blogspot.com/2010/04/morel-high-ground-morel-souffle.html

I used this recipe and it turned out great! This was lucky because I only chose it since it had a pun in the title.

I was worried I was going to ruin my only morel batch for the year, but that made it fun. This was my first souffle, and it wasn't that hard, just complicated. I didn't even get any neckbeard hair in it!

Morrel stock sounds effing magical. I'd make a french onion soup with it.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

[quote="BBQ Dave"
Morrel stock sounds effing magical. I'd make a french onion soup with it.
[/quote]

That is a fantastic idea! Will give it a try.

• Locked thread