Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
Computer simulation
http://burymewithmymoney.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
They do in Ukraine, when Soviet Russians shot jumbo jet from sky. Children in playground got upset when some Dutch kid got lodged in a tree. Bodies dropped all over town that day.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Also cities would try to hide their numbers for homeless deaths and some violent crimes by classifying anything possible as a sky-body, even if it obviously had stab wounds ("postmortem stabs by a some horrible teenagers I guess"). In some places there would be tremendous, if secret, pressure from city hall to reduce the homeless population by sending police out to kill hobos during/after a bodyfall, or right before if they're predictable events.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Eating your own species is super bad for you, human or not, so we probably wouldn't eat the sky-bodies. Plus they'd probably splash on impact, and get dirt all over them.

We'd probably farm meat-eating animals with them and eat those though.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Maybe every sky corpse is identical so it's just multiple copies of one unidentified guy all over the world.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I think we'd figure out sturdy roofs a lot sooner. None of this thatching bullshit.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if crawdads were really big, like maybe the size of ponies? That would be crazy.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Are these recently dead bodies, or just like blank doll-like bodies that have never been alive?

Because if they're recently dead we'd probably have some really elaborate waste-disposal systems. Because the sky bodies would poo poo everywhere.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

How high up do these bodies appear, is plane turbulence going to become even more nail-biting?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Are these recently dead bodies, or just like blank doll-like bodies that have never been alive?

Because if they're recently dead we'd probably have some really elaborate waste-disposal systems. Because the sky bodies would poo poo everywhere.

Meanwhile the donor wait list would be a thing of the past, unless the organs were pretty useless upon impact.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
We'd have BodyNets to catch them all before processing.

They would be our organ farms, our building materials, our power source & our food (somewhat indirectly, as stated above).

Because of this advantage, humans would develop faster than we have, and by this time, we'd be flying through space in ships made of people. When we land on another world, the aliens are horrified by our BodyShips, and they attack and kill us immediately. Thus began the last age of man.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I bet leather jackets would be a lot cheaper.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

I don't like this game :ohdear:

Hey I got something to show you by the most recent body pile. Don't tell anyone about it. :cool:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
you just swaid bodies you didn't say human bodies, which is in fact ht e case, such as rain bodies, meteoritic bodies, snow and ice bodies, ash bodies, bits of dirt and sand bodies, leaf bodies, dcead fly bodies, bird poop bodies

the air is unpredictable and fierce

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

nomadologique posted:

you just swaid bodies you didn't say human bodies, which is in fact ht e case, such as rain bodies, meteoritic bodies, snow and ice bodies, ash bodies, bits of dirt and sand bodies, leaf bodies, dcead fly bodies, bird poop bodies

the air is unpredictable and fierce

much like your posting

e: gently caress, that sounds like a compliment.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Our knowledge of biology would advance much faster, imo, and we'd probably have giant bugs instead of tanks and airplanes.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
skycrime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Our knowledge of biology would advance much faster, imo, and we'd probably have giant bugs instead of tanks and airplanes.

That would be good, but I've always loved those ones anatomical drawings where they thought people were just filled with squiggly lines, and those would be lost to alternate timeline history.

• Locked thread