Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
This is a very unpleasant game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
it's because it's a bad game

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
"The future is all kinds of hosed up" is very hard to make work in my experience.

There was another piece of fiction I read once (it's here, don't read it, it's godawful) where one of the writer's attempts to do that was "In the future, rape is legal." It would take a heroic effort of writing to make that an element of your story without me concluding that you're a gross weirdo and noted idiot Eliezer Yudkowsky pulls no such thing off. Similarly this game has done plenty to convince me that its writers are gross weirdos and so far very little to convince me of the contrary.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Pavlov posted:

And the devs don't seem to discourage this. In fact can you guess what their twitter avatar is? I bet you can.
Also you can call trap sprung on this but I used to hang out in some of the more unpleasant parts of the internet in my teenage years and I'd like to point out that the "DFC" in Dorothy's model number absolutely stands for "Delicious Flat Chest". :suicide:

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
i know small frozen thing is kind of a bad poster but can we not turn this into helldump

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I haven't gotten a read on the Boss at all. She seems to be like dogs and just sort of does things arbitrarily. Monkey cheese random and an irrelevant backstory seem to be all there is to her.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Anoia posted:

Besides that, the fans of this game scare me a lot more than the defenders of Her Story.

I liked Her Story just fine but from what I've heard the reasons people cite for not liking it are things like "this story is dumb" and "the twist is bad" and "the actress can't act". Valid reasons to dislike the game, but probably not cause to bring out the torches and pitchforks and hunt down the creators. This game isn't incompetent, or at least that's not its primary problem. It's just gross and objectionable.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
That was French for "my hovercraft is full of eels" if you didn't catch that. Blurf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I keep posting this in every thread where it comes up but what's good about Gone Home to my mind has nothing to do with the trite lesbian coming of age plot. What's really cool is the subtler side plots about your dad's writing, your parents' strained relationship and your great uncle the repentant but unforgiven child molester.

• Locked thread