Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The classiest crazy bullshit magic Half-Elf, you'll ever meet.
drat you shibbo :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Real question: Have any of you ever faked an orgasm?

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

It was to point out the quality writing we are dealing with here.
Also, it was a team effort so I have atleast 20% shares of that joke :colbert:

Honestly though if you can ignore the underage sexbot, the "visual novel" is boring as gently caress.
I had a lot of trouble following anything because the only interesting characters are the one with shock value.
There are zero dialogue options and the only player interaction is "make the right drink" or "don't"
Remove Dorothy and that fake orgasm character and what do you really have left?

A boring buttbook where you turn the pages by making drinks.
The only way I can see this poop get 10/10 is massive conspiracy theories. :tinfoil:
---

I don't always fake my orgasms, but when I do, they're in SS LP format. :flashfap:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Zenithe posted:

You are not giving this game enough credit because your biggest agency is deciding for your clients how drunk you think they should get

This sounds suspiciously like a series of bonus videos showing off everyone getting drunk.

*fake edit*: saying this game examines anything is giving it too much credit.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Well the market is ripe for some Cyberpunk Bartending Action(tm) so go for it.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

You're flipflopping between "This game is deep" and "Lol it's just a chill game bruh". :tvtropes:

So I guess you half fake your orgasms.

I can relate more to this picture of terrible CGI in a terrible PS1 game than I can to Jill (Sandwhich)

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

No, the game touches on deep subjects. It does not go in depth into those subjects. That's what I'm saying.

I stand by my "This game doesn't examine poo poo" statement from earlier. :colbert:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Please quote your sources.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

I'm a bit disappointed that Dorothy doesn't come equipped with a taser, you know, for maximum shockvalue. :rimshot:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

This doesn't bode well for me.

BRB moving to space.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

shibbotech posted:

And of course Sazero is just the universal zero of SA. :toot:

Counterpoint: I don't post in the ADTWR subforum :colbert:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Can't wait for a SS LP of this thread. :haw:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Speaking of references:

Shine Spark is also a move Samus has in most of the Metroid games! :eng101:

You know, the game where Samus lose more clothes, the faster you complete the game? Oh. :eng99:

Sazero fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 28, 2016

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Maybe... Maybe the fact that Vallhalla is poo poo, is actually a scorching social commentary of it's own fanbase?
It's intentionally poo poo, to make fun of the people who like it. I think I just made Vallhalla actually good.

Haha as if. I was just faking an orgasm. :v:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

In the superfuture, 4chan and tumblr became political parties after Trump became president.
No wonder Vallhalla is set in a dystopian future.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

I think the whole "Socal Justice Warriors" pun would have worked better if they actually spelled it right instead of being a super thinly veiled pun.
I mean it's not like the "White Knights" are spelled "Wite Knights" or "White Nights" or anything like that.

Granted it wouldn't have worked much better, but it would be better.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Remember this pile of poop got 9/10 -10/10 scores.
:psyduck:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Repster posted:

On day 1 Dana shows up, with a passed out girl. That she found. Whom you talked to and learn she is a stressed out intern, an intern that works at the paper. And that Donovan had been complaining about his intern girl shirking her duties on that day. This is also after being told that Dana is a badass.

The first interaction you have with Dana is her coming in from having saved Kim from attempted suicide.

You do realise that said girl's first reaction to Jill is "RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE"
I wonder if I can make any connections to that and Dana's character HMMMMMMMMMM.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Why are there knights in the future?
Knights are a romantisized thing of the ancient past.

I live in an actual kingdom and we only have two knight orders, one we have just to exchange with political leaders
(but only if they have a decoration to trade with themselves, Which is why Obama doesn't have a danish knight decoration
despite having visited the country, because the US doesn't have a title to trade with.).
Then there are the knight order for high ranking military personnel, politicians or rich people.

This is how modern knighthood works. It's just a replacement for nobility.

(Hilariously enough, a lot of people who could choose to get decorated with a knight order says no.
Even a lot of danish politicians says no thanks to a decoration.
I LIVE IN A KINGDOM WHERE NO ONE WANTS TO GET A KNIGHT TITLE,
DESPITE HAVING PEOPLE RECIEVING ACTUAL KNIGHT TRAINING,
BUT THEY DON*T GET KNIGHTED BECAUSE THEY*RE POOR PLEBS.)

That means that knight orders are just a club for self important assholes
and means nothing at all, because you don't earn them for being awesome.
(Except for the guys who gets decorated through the military, but they have to be
pretty high up in rank to even get decorated. So yeah, gently caress you Sargeant Warman, no titles for you)

And yet here we are with this anime poo poo game with a police force called the loving "White Knights"
in the loving super dystopian future trying to provide "social commentary" or whatever.

So what I'm saying is: Have you ever faked an orgasm? :haw:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

dmboogie posted:

you answered your own question within the first two lines of the post, duder

they're called the white knights because they are, ostensibly, a militant force meant to protect the populace and that is what the word "knight" is symbolic of

Yes, take something out of what I posted out of context and insert an answer to the now flawed post. Brilliant.
The idea behind the post was to make fun of the very idea of knights in the future. Because present day knights are all
politicians, diplomats and culture figureheads IE People not actually military trained and aren't actually protecting anyone.
So you know, it's only the exact anti-thesis to the romantizised knight.

The real answer to my post is "Because they aren't actually knights, but named after internet meme phenomena"

C+ troll effort. Don't fake an orgasm, you'll be seen through immediatedly.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

dmboogie posted:

look you guys have valid complaints but this right here is nitpicky bullshit. they aren't supposed to be literal knights! naming an organization "knights" to convey the idea of the romanticised image of a knight is a common thing that fiction does and is in no way unique to this game!

Do you even read the post or do you just triggerpost when you see something you observe to be a complaint.
Because I already posted your reaction to my post IN my post.

I'm meta as gently caress. :smug:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Skippy Granola posted:

It is latin you plebs.

I only run jizz-themed pnp games in GURPS.

I always thought you were a LARP'er. Even though there is no evidence to this, but this is the best comedy response I can think up right now.
Also you made me think about jizzing neo nazi's. Good poo poo post bro. A+

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

dmboogie posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress you're trying to say here but using "trigger" in that context is stupid and, ironically, 4channish.

I'm trying to say that you're reacting exactly as I expected you too and I'm calling you out on it.
Also by my clever use of internet memes you should have picked up that I'm just shitposting, but oh my god you're taking it seriously and it's loving great. :allears:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Anoia posted:

Quit with the Joseph Joestar act Sazero. You're not muscular enough for it by far.

But I haven't even played with my golden balls yet :(

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

You already lost when you start up the game, because you're playing valhalla.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

EclecticTastes posted:

You guys just talked over easily the worst thing in the episode. At the beginning, Jill needed a "shoulder massager". As in a Hitachi (look it up yourselves). This is followed by her telling her cat she needed some "me time" just to make the reference absolutely explicit. Put simply, the "don't be distracted for the next level" requirement is masturbation. gently caress this creepy-rear end game. :suicide:

In my defense, I try to pay as little attention to the game as I possibly can. And I dare you to fault me for that :colbert:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

What was your favorite thing about Dorothy?

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

I wish this thread would stop reminding me of bad video games.
Please don't mention Metroid: Other M. :negative:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

Dorothy is not OK. I agree that the best you can do is making her less bad because in order to make her decent you have to fix the rest of the game's writing. But it's possible. It's still on par with Other M (since you mentioned it first Sazero) in terms of the effort needed though :suicide:
:argh: I mentioned Other M to tell you not to talk about it. :argh:

Other M took a popular character and made her bad. Samus isn't bad because there weren't enough effort in her character writing.
Samus is bad because feminism.

Valhalla is a collection of bad characters that's somehow popular.
So much like everything else Valhalla has been compared to in this thread. Not at all comparable.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

EclecticTastes posted:

Wow, I thought the episode was shaping up to be almost normal and inoffensive aside from the oh-so-tired "oh, this woman is upset, must be that time of the month" bullshit, but then Dorothy happened and gently caress this game.

Also, it's always annoying when lovely writers fail to distinguish between a woman's period and PMS, because the latter occurs before the former, not at the same time.

I'm not an expert on female biology period So I have no idea what you're talking about :haw:

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

"Vallhalla: What is a period" :v:

Well to be fair it's not like vallhalla has any gramatical errors... I think?
That would have been an amazing double pun. But once again the game disappoints.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Incest story? Such edgy, mucho depths.
10/10.
Best videogayme

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

Considering she pretend dated her dad or whatever, and this being Vallhalla I wouldn't put the thought that Alma wants to bang her sister too far away.
I mean we have pedobot, why not incister?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

I regret googling that name.

It's like this thread is just revealing all the terrible people that exist.
Ignorance was bliss. :(

• Locked thread