Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think's gonna win?
Okada
Tanahashi
Naito
Shibata
Tenzan
Field
View Results

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kenny, you better start stringing some wins together quick or Bad Luck Fale will take over the Bullet Club, and nobody wants that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

gently caress YES, Tacos

I don't even care if that match sinks my entire prediction tally, that was too great

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Thus far, I've only correctly predicted Tanahashi vs SANADA and Nakajima vs Yano, I'm bad at this.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That last match was really good, wish we could've gotten more Omega matches like that in this run

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress yes, EVIL triumphs!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

proud of my boy nakajima

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

Can't wait for EVIL to win the NEVER belt at WK11 and then YOSHI-HASHI to take it from him at Dominion 2017

ThePariah posted:

Thus far, I've only correctly predicted Tanahashi vs SANADA and Nakajima vs Yano, I'm bad at this.

I missed on Tanahashi/SANADA (but realized I could have right after I sent my picks) and Y-H/Omega, but who even called that one?

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
okay is this whole G1 going to be "all the underdogs win"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NAGATA WON! :woop:

EVIL and SANADA gonna start getting ideas above their station!

ParanoidInc posted:

I'd laugh my rear end off if Shibata now proceeds to beat Honma in 15 seconds.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

ParanoidInc posted:

Pretty much all the favorites lose early, then make a comeback later in the tournament. Almost everyone tends to be close in points until the last day or two.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

ThePariah posted:

Pretty much all the favorites lose early, then make a comeback later in the tournament. Almost everyone tends to be close in points until the last day or two.

okay ty I've been very shocked by these results but I'm glad to hear it's mainly because I'm a mark

I hope shibata gives honma 15 concussions

edit: chaos! cats and dogs living together! Honma winning singles matches! pure anarchy!

ParanoidInc fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 22, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo, night of upsets.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

ThePariah posted:

Update: This is still the case :negative:
Another fun show. I think the top two matches on night one were better, but every match on night two was fun.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's show is at the same time 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST as the A Block returns at a larger Tokyo venue they rarely run.

G1 Climax Night 3
July 23rd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Tokyo Machida Gym

Kojima, Nakanishi, Liger, and TMIV vs. KUSHIDA, Captain, Juice, and Finlay
Katsuyori Shibata and Tomoaki Honma vs. YOSHI-HASHI and Katsuhiko Nakajima
CHAOS (Toru Yano and Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega and Yujiro Takahashi
Michael Elgin, Yuji Nagata, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, and BUSHI)
G1 Climax Block A Match:Hiroyoshi Tenzan [2] vs. Tama Tonga [0]
G1 Climax Block A Match:Tomohiro Ishii [0] vs. Hirooki Goto [2]
G1 Climax Block A Match:Naomichi Marufuji [2] vs. Bad Luck Fale [0]
G1 Climax Block A Match:Kazuchika Okada [0] vs. SANADA [2]
G1 Climax Block A Match:Togi Makabe [2] vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi [0]

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 22, 2016

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

YOSHI-HASHI got real loving good. Considering he was considering whether or not to retire a couple of years ago its amazing to see how he's now getting everything together.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I knew Tenzan vs. Ishii was going to deliver but I'm very curious to see how his match vs. Tonga is going to go. Hopefully Tonga has better gear than he did for his match with Makabe at lest.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i DO NOT like Honma tossing Shibata out of the ring. This night upset me greatly.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Skinty McEdger posted:

YOSHI-HASHI got real loving good. Considering he was considering whether or not to retire a couple of years ago its amazing to see how he's now getting everything together.

I still have trouble seeing him as anything but "Soul Calibur character".

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

RaceyBucket posted:

i DO NOT like Honma tossing Shibata out of the ring. This night upset me greatly.

Lol, I loved that part! :dance:

No hand shake?! Well gently caress you then, get out of my ring punk. I won the main event match so this ring is mine now.

What a fun match with a shocking upset!

I watched their Kizuna Road match from July 3rd right before the G1 match and I was very impressed with how different the two were. Some repeated signature spots but that's to be expected. It was funny how in the earlier match they started out with a bit of grappling and mat work but Honma got a little lost and just ended up stepping on Shibata's head. Then with this match they just collided and started trading blows immediately. No F's given! Hahaha, so great. All and all they put together some great matches with a lot of good drama this month and I doubt that's the end of this feud by a long shot. Well done.

Togi Makabe [2] vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi [0] OMG! Please don't hurt him, Makabe. He's barely held together as it is with popsicle stick bones and shoe string ligaments. There's nothing but puroresu spirit acting as the glue keeping Tanahashi together at this point. :ohdear:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Honma got his win back and punked the poo poo out of Shibata :smith:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Day 3's G1 matches llook a bit weak but we'll see in a couple of hours i guess

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Ishii vs Goto and Okada vs SANADA should be good, nothing looks must-watch but should be a fun show.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ThePariah posted:

Ishii vs Goto and Okada vs SANADA should be good, nothing looks must-watch but should be a fun show.

yep, starting now. interesting thing is that apparently no one's ran this venue since 1983.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
I think the matchup I'm more excited for more than anything in this tournament is Yano vs. Omega

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo Night 3 is now?

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
yup yup, during intermission right now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If SANADA beats Okada I'm gonna be completely loving lost as to who is winning the G1 (Naito), but part of me still wants to see it happen.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
lol at tama having another pair of trunks that also has a circle around his dick

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My feed crashed right on the moonsault, I assume Tenzan won?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

My feed crashed right on the moonsault, I assume Tenzan won?

Yes

Food Court Druid posted:

lol at tama having another pair of trunks that also has a circle around his dick

They're literally off the rack compression tights you can buy for 30 bucks

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
honestly think Goto has a shot at winning this, if only for the comedy "wins g1 only to lose shot to Naito" option to continue his streak of completely failing in the clutch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love how into that match the crowd were.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

ParanoidInc posted:

honestly think Goto has a shot at winning this, if only for the comedy "wins g1 only to lose shot to Naito" option to continue his streak of completely failing in the clutch

Goto challenging Okada at the Dome would make for an interesting yearlong storyline, but I'm not sure NJPW has that much confidence in him.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Marufuji: better than Okada, worse than Bad Luck Fale

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bad Luck Fale.... won? :confused:

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
SANADA is the new japan wrestler who looks most likely to beat up Guy and Cody and it rules

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm really digging what they're doing with this G1 so far, everything is up in the air!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Iffy show but I enjoyed the two matches I had expectations for.

Next show is tomorrow at the same time of 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST Looks to be one of the best shows of the tour on paper and everyone's hyped for Shibata/Nakajima.

G1 Climax Night 4
July 24th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Juice Robinson vs. David Finlay
Togi Makabe and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. L.I.J (SANADA and BUSHI)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, and Captain New Japan vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, and Yujiro Takahashi)
TenCozy, Liger, TMIV, and Nakanishi vs. CHAOS (Okada, Goto, Ishii and Gedo) & Marufuji
G1 Climax Block B Match:Tomoaki Honma [2] vs. YOSHI-HASHI [2]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Yuji Nagata [2] vs. EVIL [2]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Toru Yano [0] vs. Kenny Omega [0]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Katsuyori Shibata [0] vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima [2]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Michael Elgin [0] vs. Tetsuya Naito [0]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If EVIL beats Nagata when Naito couldn't.... :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Jerusalem posted:

If EVIL beats Nagata when Naito couldn't.... :aaa:

Hah, would be fun. This tournament will take a wrestling turn on the phrase "MMA math doesn't work."

• Locked thread