Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think's gonna win?
Okada
Tanahashi
Naito
Shibata
Tenzan
Field
View Results

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ok intermission before the best g1 slate of this tour so far, time to tune in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Go YOSHI-HASHI, EVIL, Omega and I can't decide for the last two!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

honma will never lose

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Honma you're ruining your gimmick :mad:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Caught the last five minutes of Honma-YOSHI, did I miss any tournament matches?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ThePariah posted:

Caught the last five minutes of Honma-YOSHI, did I miss any tournament matches?

Nope this is the second tournament match of the night.

Edit: That Suplex by Nagata :stare:

Edit Edit: Naito's position is secure!

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Jesus, this match is violent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Michael Elgin is ridiculously strong.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this match had some ridiculously badass spots

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is so much fun :munch:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Good show, great main event!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I hope Kenny Omega's dick is okay.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
I loved the end sequence of that Naito v Elgin match. Going for the Destino, getting stopped, reversal in to a submission knee lock, escape via BIG MIKE MUSCLES, reversed back in to the Destino. Bam! Then hit it again for good measure. 1-2-3. What a great exchange after such a grueling battle. Very competitive match. Naito targeted the knees and used his quickness to his advantage while Mike gutted through the pain as best he could while throwing bursts of big power moves. :bahgawd:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Really good show last night even though Shibata vs. Nakajima was merely really fun rather than MOTG1.

www.purolove.com posted:

NJPW "G1 CLIMAX 26", 24.07.2016 (NJPW World)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,744 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

1. Juice Robinson besiegt David Finlay (6:18) mit dem Pulp Friction.
2. Togi Makabe & Ryusuke Taguchi besiegen SANADA & BUSHI (6:54) nach einem King Kong Kneedrop von Makabe gegen BUSHI.
3. Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Yujiro Takahashi besiegen Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA & Captain New Japan (8:36) nach einem Modified DDT von Takahashi gegen Captain.
4. Kazuchika Okada, Naomichi Marufuji , Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & Gedo besiegen Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask (8:56) nach dem GTR von Goto gegen Tiger.
5. G1 Climax - Block B: Tomoaki Honma [4] besiegt YOSHI-HASHI [2] (13:07) mit dem Kokeshi.
6. G1 Climax - Block B: Yuji Nagata [4] besiegt "King of Darkness" EVIL [2] (10:54) mit einem Backdrop Hold.
7. G1 Climax - Block B: Kenny Omega [2] besiegt Toru Yano [0] (9:05) mit einem Running Knee.
8. G1 Climax - Block B: Katsuyori Shibata [2] besiegt Katsuhiko Nakajima [2] (14:08) mit einem PK.
9. G1 Climax - Block B: Tetsuya Naito [2] besiegt Michael Elgin [0] (22:12) mit dem Destino.

Block A returns tomorrow at the usual time of 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST. It's not the strongest card on paper but Tenzan vs. Marufuji is intriguing and I'm also curious to see how they'll handle Okada vs. Goto now that they're partners.

G1 Climax Night 5
5:30 EDT/ 10:30 BST
Big Palette Fukushima

David Finlay vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Shibata, Nagata, Kojima, Liger, and Nakanishi vs. Elgin, KUSHIDA, Taguchi, TMIV, and Juice
Tomoaki Honma and Captain New Japan vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega and Yujiro Takahashi)
Toru Yano, Gedo, and Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, and BUSHI)
NJPW Block A Match:Tomohiro Ishii [0] vs. Bad Luck Fale [2]
NJPW Block A Match:Togi Makabe [4] vs. SANADA [2]
NJPW Block A Match:Hiroyoshi Tenzan [4] vs. Naomichi Marufuji [2]
NJPW Block A Match:Hiroshi Tanahashi [0] vs. Tama Tonga [0]
NJPW Block A Match:Kazuchika Okada [0] vs. Hirooki Goto [0]

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Man Naito vs. Big Mike was awesome. I loved the call on the BIG MIKE FLOW!!! to boot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Come on Tenzan.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

its time for wrestle ing

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Missed two matdhes I'm gonna have to go back and see but this one should be good

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Tama wins!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I'm here, just in time to see TAMA TONGA BEAT TANAHASHI

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Wonder how long Tana's losing streak is going to continue? His next match is Fale who often beats him in these things anyway.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Everything was watchable but nothing you need to go out of your way to see unless you're crazy enough to insist on watching every single tournament match like myself.

Day off tomorrow before the tour resumes Wednesday with a Block B show at the usual time of 5:30 EDT/ 10:30 BST. Show is headlined by a match between the IC and NEVER champs and looks much better on paper than the one that just concluded.

G1 Climax Night 6
July 27th 5:30 EDT / 10:30 BST
Nagano Big Hat

Togi Makabe, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. TenCozy and Manabu Nakanishi
Naomichi Marufuji and Hirooki Goto vs. L.I.J (SANADA and BUSHI)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, and Captain New Japan
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, and Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, and Yujiro Takahashi)
G1 Climax Block B match:Yuji Nagata [4] vs. YOSHI-HASHI [2]
G1 Climax Block B match:Katsuhiko Nakajima [2] vs. EVIL [2]
G1 Climax Block B match:Toru Yano [0] vs. Tetsuya Naito [2]
G1 Climax Block B match:Tomoaki Honma [4] vs. Kenny Omega [2]
G1 Climax Block B match:Katsuyori Shibata [2] vs. Michael Elgin [0]

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 25, 2016

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

And absolutely agreed, Night 6 looks stellar on paper by comparison.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Thauros posted:

G1 Climax Block B match:Tomoaki Honma [4] vs. Tetsuya Naito [2]

Naito's pulling double duty? :D

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Huh, seemed really odd that Goto and Okada barely even acknowledged each other before or after that match considering Goto's recent feud with Okada and the subsequent joining in with Chaos. Not even a hand shake, or a nod of respect. I thought they'd play that up more. I guess the delayed pause before the match to silently think about things was enough extra emotion? Also Goto loves to scream Okada's name at him during big moves I guess? *shrug*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shibata vs Elgin is gonna be awesome.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Demtor posted:

Huh, seemed really odd that Goto and Okada barely even acknowledged each other before or after that match considering Goto's recent feud with Okada and the subsequent joining in with Chaos. Not even a hand shake, or a nod of respect. I thought they'd play that up more. I guess the delayed pause before the match to silently think about things was enough extra emotion? Also Goto loves to scream Okada's name at him during big moves I guess? *shrug*

Yeah that match was definitely a bit of a letdown for me as well for the same reasons. Their match at New Beginning 2014 was amazing but most of their meetings since haven't' quite delivered.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Finally caught up.

Tanahashi dropping three straight is a bit of a shocker. At this point, he has to win every match and have Makabe lose at least two to not get eliminated. Not impossible, but seems unrealistic to me.

As someone who doesn't watch NOAH, Nakajima has failed to impress me this tournament other than the flurry at the end of the Shibata match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

G1 Climax Night 6
July 27th 5:30 EDT / 10:30 BST
Nagano Big Hat

Togi Makabe, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. TenCozy and Manabu Nakanishi
Naomichi Marufuji and Hirooki Goto vs. L.I.J (SANADA and BUSHI)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, and Captain New Japan
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, and Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, and Yujiro Takahashi)
G1 Climax Block B match:Yuji Nagata [4] vs. YOSHI-HASHI [2]
G1 Climax Block B match:Katsuhiko Nakajima [2] vs. EVIL [2]
G1 Climax Block B match:Tomoaki Honma [4] vs. Kenny Omega [2]
G1 Climax Block B match:Katsuyori Shibata [2] vs. Michael Elgin [0]

Hey this is starting in minutes and looks like a pretty good card. It's from a sizable arena too, so hopefully they get a decent crowd.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The match I really want to see tonight is the last one but I don't think I'll be able to see it live. G1 Season is crazy!

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

The G1 climax

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Now if I've done my math right, Nagata is undefeatable and immortal?

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Block A has the big names, but Block B doesn't really have any weak links -- any match between these 10 guys is potentially entertaining.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

evyerghitng is EVIL

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

EVIL went too strong at the start of the tournament and it's already all falling apart for him! Gotta pace yourself, like Naito!

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

5 stars

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I know some people are tired of Yano's schtick but I just find the whole thing endearingly ridiculous. Especially with how irritated Naito appears to be by it.

Naito: Is this why Shibata didn't come to my birthday party? :smith:

Edit: So I'm guessing this isn't going to be Shibata's year to win the G1.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
these shows haven't been all that good i think

• Locked thread