Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Okay, I think we're well past ready for this.

So you saw the Emmy nominees. I imagine you have gripes; we all have gripes. We all like talking about those gripes. The TV IV Awards is all about giving those gripes the best possible outlet: a mock awards ceremony where you can nominate the shows and performances you think deserve to be recognized over the ones that actually did get recognized. It's a fun social experiment and a great chance to do a deep dive into the best of the television season.

In theory, that is. In practice, I'm the only one handling a shitton of data, and I don't necessarily have an eye for details or a mouth for communication. That usually leads to a few big unforced errors as these things unfurl. So come for the drama, stay for the comedy!

Here's how this works: For the main awards, any week-to-week show that aired a full season between May 2015 and June 2016 is eligible. (Special exceptions are made in certain instances: 12 Monkeys Season 2 is one of them because it started in April. Preacher Season 1, which started in May, is not.) For binge-released shows, that window shifts to June 2015-May 2016. So Orange is the New Black would be eligible for season 3, not 4, and Stranger Things won't be eligible until next year. We also have Legacy Awards for cancelled or long-running TV shows: The Python Medal for Comedies, and The Lynch Medal for Dramas. (I used to have a genre medal, but that got shitcanned after I decided to take out all genre-specific categories.) Any show that's been off the air for one year (nothing that was just cancelled) or on the air for 10 is eligible for these medals.

That's all academic now, because we're all done! Here are the results:

LEGACY CATEGORIES

The Python Medal for Comedic Legacy
  • Chappelle's Show - 10
  • Community - 7
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - 9
  • Mr. Show with Bob and David - 6
  • Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 10
  • The Office (US) - 2
  • Parks and Recreation - 13

The Lynch Medal for Dramatic Legacy
  • Band of Brothers - 5
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 14
  • Deadwood - 10
  • Rome - 5
  • The Shield - 12
  • Veronica Mars - 7

PERFORMANCE CATEGORIES

Outstanding Vocal Performance
  • Will Arnett (Bojack Horseman), Bojack Horseman - 14
  • H. Jon Benjamin (Sterling Archer), Archer - 10
  • Dan Mintz (Tina Belcher), Bob's Burgers - 3
  • Trey Parker (Eric Cartman, PC Principal), South Park - 4
  • Justin Roiland (Rick Sanchez, Morty Smith), Rick and Morty - 18
  • Paul F. Tompkins (Mister Peanutbutter), Bojack Horseman - 1
  • Aisha Tyler (Lana Kane), Archer - 6

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy
  • Mark Boone Junior (Pat Brown), The Last Man on Earth, "Pitch Black" - 2
  • Larry David (Host), Saturday Night Live, "Host: Larry David" - 13
  • Jason Mantzoukas (Adrian Pimento), Brooklyn Nine-Nine, "Adrian Pimento" - 10
  • Tracy Morgan (Host), Saturday Night Live, "Host: Tracy Morgan" - 9
  • Martin Mull (Bob Bradley), Veep, "The Eagle" - 9
  • Timothy Olyphant (Timothy Olyphant), The Grinder, "Grinder vs. Grinder" - 6

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy
  • Tina Fey (Dr. Andrea Bayden), Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, "Kimmy Meets a Drunk Lady!" - 25
  • Megan Fox (Reagan), New Girl, "Goosebumps Walkaway" - 6
  • Lisa Kudrow (Lori-Anne Schmidt), Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, "Kimmy Finds Her Mom!" - 4
  • Kylie Minogue (The Evil Queen of the Enchanted Kingdom), Galavant, "A New Season AKA Suck It Cancellation Bear" - 10
  • Amy Schumer (Host), Saturday Night Live, "Host: Amy Schumer" - 2
  • Jenny Slate (Tally Schifrin), Girls, "Love Stories" - 1

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama
  • Bruce Campbell (Ronald Reagan), Fargo, "The Gift of the Magi" - 12
  • Enrico Colantoni (Carl Elias), Person of Interest, "Sotto Voce" - 13
  • Michael Cristofer (Phillip Price), Mr. Robot, "eps1.9_zer0-day.avi" - 7
  • Vincent D'Onofrio (Wilson Fisk), Daredevil, "The Man in the Box" - 12
  • John Noble (Morland Holmes), Elementary, "The Cost of Doing Business" - 1
  • Max von Sydow (The Three-Eyed Raven), Game of Thrones, "The Door" - 6
  • BD Wong (White Rose), Mr. Robot, "eps1.7_wh1ter0se.mkv" - 6

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama
  • Connie Britton (Faye Resnick), The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story, "100% Not Guilty" - 17
  • Ellen Burstyn (Elizabeth Hale), House of Cards, "Chapter 41” - 5
  • Allison Janney (Margaret Scully), Masters of Sex, "Matters of Gravity" - 4
  • Margo Martindale (Claudia), The Americans, "The Magic of David Copperfield V: The Statue of Liberty Disappears" - 13
  • Laurie Metcalf (Sarah Marsh), Horace & Pete, "Episode 3" - 3
  • Molly Parker (Jackie Sharp), House of Cards, "Chapter 45" - 4
  • Carrie Preston (Elsbeth Tascioni), The Good Wife, "Targets" - 5

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy
  • Andre Braugher (Cpt. Ray Holt), Brooklyn Nine-Nine - 14
  • Tituss Burgess (Titus Andromedon), Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - 16
  • Tony Hale (Gary Walsh), Veep - 6
  • Keegan-Michael Key (Various), Key & Peele - 4
  • Timothy Simons (Jonah Ryan), Veep - 13
  • Matt Walsh (Mike McLintock), Veep - 2

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy
  • Stephanie Beatriz (Rosa Diaz), Brooklyn Nine-Nine - 13
  • Anna Chlumsky (Amy Brookheimer), Veep - 18
  • Jamie Lee Curtis (Cathy Munsch), Scream Queens - 2
  • Kether Donohue (Lindsay Jillian), You're the Worst - 9
  • Mallory Jensen (Queen Madalena), Galavant - 5
  • Kate McKinnon (Various), Saturday Night Live - 6

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama
  • Jonathan Banks (Mike Ehrmantraut), Better Call Saul - 11
  • Jon Bernthal (Frank Castle), Daredevil - 7
  • Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Game of Thrones - 6
  • Christian Slater (Mr. Robot / Edward Alderson), Mr. Robot - 5
  • David Tennant (Zebediah Kilgrave), Jessica Jones - 13
  • Bokeem Woodbine (Mike Milligan), Fargo - 14

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama
  • Gillian Anderson (Bedelia Du Maurier), Hannibal - 5
  • Carly Chaikin (Darlene), Mr. Robot - 6
  • Rhea Seehorn (Kim Wexler), Better Call Saul - 11
  • Sarah Shahi (Sameen Shaw), Person of Interest - 11
  • Jean Smart (Floyd Gerhardt), Fargo - 13
  • Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Game of Thrones - 10

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy
  • Anthony Anderson (Andre "Dre" Johnson, Sr.), Black-ish - 4
  • Aziz Ansari (Dev Shah), Master of None - 11
  • Andy Daly (Forrest MacNeil), Review - 16
  • William H. Macy (Frank Gallagher), Shameless - 5
  • Thomas Middleditch (Richard Hendricks) Silicon Valley - 8
  • Andy Samberg (Jake Peralta), Brooklyn Nine-Nine - 11

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy
  • Maria Bamford (Maria), Lady Dynamite - 5
  • Rachel Bloom (Rebecca Bunch), Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 13
  • Aya Cash (Gretchen Cutler), You're the Worst - 9
  • Karen David (Isabella), Galavant - 0
  • Ellie Kemper (Kimmy Schmidt) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - 12
  • Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Selina Myer), Veep - 15

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama
  • Hugh Dancy (Will Graham), Hannibal - 5
  • Rami Malek (Elliot Alderson), Mr. Robot - 22
  • Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal Lecter), Hannibal - 3
  • Bob Odenkirk (Jimmy McGill), Better Call Saul - 15
  • Courtney B. Vance (Johnnie Cochran), The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story - 4
  • Patrick Wilson (Lou Solverson), Fargo - 6

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama
  • Amy Acker (Samantha "Root" Groves), Person of Interest - 7
  • Melissa Benoist (Kara Danvers / Supergirl), Supergirl - 4
  • Kirsten Dunst (Peggy Blumquist), Fargo - 8
  • Tatiana Maslany (Various), Orphan Black - 13
  • Sarah Paulson (Marcia Clark), The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story - 10
  • Krysten Ritter (Jessica Jones), Jessica Jones - 15

PRODUCTION CATEGORIES

Outstanding Talk Show
  • Conan - 7
  • The Daily Show with Trevor Noah - 1
  • Full Frontal with Samantha Bee - 10
  • Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - 31
  • The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - 3

Outstanding Variety / Sketch Series
  • Drunk History - 10
  • Inside Amy Schumer - 4
  • Key & Peele - 17
  • Nathan For You - 8
  • Saturday Night Live - 7
  • W/ Bob & David - 6

Outstanding Comedy Episode
  • BoJack Horseman, "Escape From L.A." (w. Joe Lawson, d. Ali Winfrey) - 10
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, "That Text Was Not Meant for Josh!" (w. Elisabeth Kiernan Averick, d. Daisy von Scherler Mayer) - 8
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, "Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs" (w. Hunter Covington, d. Todd Bierman) - 14
  • Master of None, "Parents" (w. Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang, d. Aziz Ansari) - 4
  • Rick and Morty, "Total Rickall" (w. Mike McMahan, d. Juan Meza-Leon) - 15
  • Review, "Cult; Perfect Body" (w. Kevin Dorff, d. Jeffrey Blitz) - 4

Outstanding Drama Episode
  • Daredevil, "New York's Finest" (w. Mark Verheiden, d. Marc Jobst) - 2
  • Game of Thrones, "The Battle of the Bastards" (w. David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, d. Miguel Sapochnik) - 16
  • Jessica Jones, "AKA WWJD?" (w. Scott Reynolds, d. Simon Cellan Jones) - 9
  • Mr. Robot, "eps1.0_hellofriend.mov" (w. Sam Esmail, d. Niels Arden Oplev) - 15
  • Person of Interest, "return 0" (w. Jonathan Nolan & Denise Thé, d. Chris Fisher) - 9
  • Sense8, "What's Going On?" (w. Lana Wachowski, Lily Wachowski, J. Michael Straczynski, d. Tom Tykwer) - 6

Outstanding Comedy Series
  • BoJack Horseman - 9
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 11
  • Rick and Morty - 15
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - 3
  • Veep - 8
  • You're the Worst - 8

Outstanding Drama Series
  • The Americans - 12
  • Better Call Saul - 6
  • Fargo - 10
  • Game of Thrones - 5
  • Jessica Jones - 11
  • Mr. Robot - 9
  • Person of Interest - 6

Thanks to the 60 of you who participated!

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Okay, so this year I'm using Google Forms for all the votes because LimeSurvey is a gigantic pain in the rear end for the purposes of a mock awards contest for shits and giggles. What convinced me to make the switch is that Google Forms finally found a way to curb potential vote-spamming by linking form submissions to your Google account. Of course, that means you have to have a Google account, and I'm not inclined to underestimate the paranoia goons may have over Google having their hands in everything.

So what I want to know is, if you want to vote in these awards but you don't have a GMail address, or are not otherwise registered with Google, let me know in this thread so I have a sense of how many people are getting screwed if I check "Limit to One Response."

Also, as far as candidate collection is concerned, we NEED more individual episode submissions. So go through your favorite shows of the season and pick a couple of episodes of each that really stood out to you.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can you dumb it down a bit for us stoners?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rocksicles posted:

Can you dumb it down a bit for us stoners?

1.) Submit your favorite shows through the For Your Consideration form before the 27th.
2.) Vote for nominees between the 27th and August 7th.
3.) They know.
4.) Nominees are announced on the 7th, vote for winners from there.
5.) They're outside, run.
6.) Winners are announced on the 14th.

Simple as I can make it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Whoever submitted CROWDS I just want you to know that we're kindred spirits

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm so loving lazy can someone submit Horace and Pete for a bunch of poo poo please

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

MrAristocrates posted:

Whoever submitted CROWDS I just want you to know that we're kindred spirits

Might be the guy who posts in TVIV who had a Rui avatar (I also put Gatcha as my #5 TV Show of the Year last year). Just a hint.

(CROWDS loving owns)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
edit: Turns out that wasn't me.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 25, 2016

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Okay, here's the thing: I'm pushing the start of the nomination vote to July 29.

Why? Well, do me a favor: :siren: Take a look at what the nomination ballot would look like if I ran it today. :siren:

You do not want to know how many no-brainers are only on there because I pulled them from the list of Emmy nominees, and I'm not talking about the Big Bang Theory performances that nobody's gonna vote for. You know how much poo poo I would've taken for leaving out Master of None? NOBODY SUBMITTED IT.

As you can see, I can run this today. But based on how many obvious picks you guys missed and how sparse some of the categories still are -- particularly Guest Performances, and anything related to comedy -- I'd like to try and collect more. Also in dire need of being filled out: Specialized program categories like variety/sketch shows, talk shows, international shows, documentary / competitive reality, etc. These categories have barely any submissions. Frankly, I have no problem dropping these categories, but if you're hoping for this thing to show some love to Making a Murderer, Last Week Tonight, Inside Amy Schumer, or Gatchaman CROWDS, you're going to be very disappointed unless you can provide me some competition for those shows.

So, look over the ballot, figure out what's missing, and fill in those gaps through here. Sound good?

Other small notes:

• A couple of your submissions were for vocal performances, which, unfortunately, aren't supported by the performance categories. I used to have a category for voice acting but people barely voted for it. I DID make voice acting eligible for the acting categories one year, but people complained it wasn't fair since they were two different disciplines, and the category I whipped up still didn't get any attention. So it's gone. If enough of you complain, I'll reinstate it next year.

• Voltron: Legendary Defender and Stranger Things dropped on Netflix after the May cutoff and are thus ineligible for this year's awards.

• Finally, since I'm already treating this like it's such a big loving deal, I might as well lean into a full Asperger's meltdown: I would like the dumbasses who submitted Calista Flockhart, Holly Taylor, and Tom Cavanagh as Lead Performances to identify themselves so that I can add them to my list.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Honestly, the loss of the Genre categories makes classifying the poo poo I normally vote for really tough, so that's part of why I couldn't get much there. (See: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)

Also vocal performances should be allowed, or if not then they should be eligible for their roles otherwise, because as it is, there's a lot of voice work that is going by uncommented on.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 27, 2016

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I didn't realize how thin the comedy noms were, so I submitted a few that I had assumed were in already. How was I the first one to nominate Timothy Simons for Veep?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Tossed on every international drama I could think of off the top of my head. Still looking for international comedies. Don't want to make it all anime if I can absolutely help it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Senerio posted:

Honestly, the loss of the Genre categories makes classifying the poo poo I normally vote for really tough, so that's part of why I couldn't get much there. (See: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)

The argument I got and ultimately agreed with is that shuffling off the Genre shows to its own category cheapens those shows, especially when the definition is so broad and those shows are eligible for comedy and drama awards anyway. And on top of that, it's even more work for me.

quote:

Also vocal performances should be allowed, or if not then they should be eligible for their roles otherwise, because as it is, there's a lot of voice work that is going by uncommented on.

I don't disagree. Tell you what: I added the ability to mark a performance as vocal in the FYC form. Give me 10 performances across at least 4 different well-known shows -- not just anime -- and I'll add the category in.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
did people nominate horace and pete for stuff

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DivisionPost posted:

The argument I got and ultimately agreed with is that shuffling off the Genre shows to its own category cheapens those shows, especially when the definition is so broad and those shows are eligible for comedy and drama awards anyway. And on top of that, it's even more work for me.

As a counter-point, the genre category would allow shows that normally wouldn't be given a chance to have their own awards. As an example, could you see genre legacy award winners Battlestar Galactica or Firefly ever beating out any of the winners of the Lynch Medal? If you want to keep the Genre shows out of the yearly poll, that's fine, but neither of the remaining legacy awards is going to go to a genre show, ever.

quote:

I don't disagree. Tell you what: I added the ability to mark a performance as vocal in the FYC form. Give me 10 performances across at least 4 different well-known shows -- not just anime -- and I'll add the category in.

Done. Didn't even need to go to anime. At least four of the shows are well known. Now that I've done that, prepare for a couple anime VAs I was holding off on, still from well known shows.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Escobarbarian posted:

did people nominate horace and pete for stuff

Laurie Metcalf got on the shortlist for Guest Drama Actress because she was nominated for an Emmy in the same category, and I think I might have added the show itself to the Outstanding Drama Series shortlist. If you want it to appear in more places, stop being lazy. It's not that hard to submit something.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've nominated upwards of 40 things so far!

The only argument I can see against a vocal section is that animated TV shows don't fit in this comfy little "May to June" bubble. I had to throw out several iconic voice actors because they either started before May 2015 or ended after June 2016, despite being on all year.
(notably Tom Kenny)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 27, 2016

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'll submit more later but I definitely submitted Sterling K. Brown last week and I can't find him in the test ballot. I'd hate for him to slip through the cracks.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Senerio posted:

As a counter-point, the genre category would allow shows that normally wouldn't be given a chance to have their own awards. As an example, could you see genre legacy award winners Battlestar Galactica or Firefly ever beating out any of the winners of the Lynch Medal? If you want to keep the Genre shows out of the yearly poll, that's fine, but neither of the remaining legacy awards is going to go to a genre show, ever.

That was my argument too at first, but repeated runs of the poll have suggested that this is a very geek-oriented crowd, and the genre stuff has a same-or-better chance as the prestige stuff. And again, we're talking about the difference between managing 17 categories and 25. But we'll see.

By the way, to the person or persons who keep submitting Timothy Omundson as a lead in Galavant: he's already in as a supporting actor, so I'm gonna need you to convince me he's actually a lead.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DivisionPost posted:

That was my argument too at first, but repeated runs of the poll have suggested that this is a very geek-oriented crowd, and the genre stuff has a same-or-better chance as the prestige stuff. And again, we're talking about the difference between managing 17 categories and 25. But we'll see.

No, I just mean reinstate the Legacy Award. 17 vs 18.

quote:

By the way, to the person or persons who keep submitting Timothy Omundson as a lead in Galavant: he's already in as a supporting actor, so I'm gonna need you to convince me he's actually a lead.

In season 1, he's supporting.
In season 2, he's on the poster (I'll edit the image in once imgur loads)
He's as much of a lead as Gal is.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 27, 2016

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

MrAristocrates posted:

I'll submit more later but I definitely submitted Sterling K. Brown last week and I can't find him in the test ballot. I'd hate for him to slip through the cracks.

He almost did! Thanks for pointing it out!

(This was a good idea!)

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Senerio posted:

No, I just mean reinstate the Legacy Award. 17 vs 18.

I'll think about it.

quote:

In season 1, he's supporting.
In season 2,

He's as much of a lead as Gal is.

I mean this in the nicest way possible: Broken images won't do much to convince me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Caught that just as you posted it. here's the fixed image:

Took so long because I'm having an issue with imgur.

He's on the poster.
The main story is about him claiming his destiny as the One True King to rule them all.
He's with Galavant the whole part of the way.
He has the final line of the show.

He's the second protagonist.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 27, 2016

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

think of galavant as a mad max tale where galavant is just kind of tangential to the actual plot which is Richards redemption story. I would argue Richard is more the MC than Gal is.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it is hard when you're not near a computer like 99% of the time and have to use your phone

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Escobarbarian posted:

it is hard when you're not near a computer like 99% of the time and have to use your phone

It's Google Forms this year; it's easy to do on your phone.

I just submitted a candidate and it only took me a minute. Unless you're under a draconian data limit I can't imagine what would make this so difficult.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
looking up what's aired in the timeframe, picking out my preferred candidates, and then putting them all in is kind of a pain in the rear end, yeah. potentially because of my actual want to do it properly or not at all but SHUSH. i'll do some off the top of my head.

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 28, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, also another issue is that there are a ton of shows that don't fit into the "May 2015-June 2016" bubble for whatever reason, because not every show follows the american season timing, and some of them do split seasons where half the season is in the bubble and half is outside of it. Also some networks don't follow that at all, and have seasons that span multiple years, thus never being even in consideration, despite possibly being worth nominating.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
All right, IT'S ON. Log into your Google account and vote for the nominees!

I usually have trouble getting responses around this time, so if you're into these awards, do me a favor: Spread the word and get your fellow TV IV goons to vote alongside you. And if you have the time, give this thread some content and vouch for the shows you want to see clinch the nomination. Does it help? Not really, but it could get attention on your show for the years that follow (even if it's cancelled; Legacy Medals are still a thing, remember). So tell us the big secret that you know and we don't!

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 30, 2016

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Alright, I'm vouching for Peter Capaldi to win Best Lead Actor, Drama for the character, the Doctor, in Doctor Who.

Last season of Doctor Who wasn't that good. In fact, it offended some people. However, there was one episode that made everyone say 'Peter Capaldi is an amazing actor.' That episode, "Heaven Sent", was, for the most part, a monologue. Apart from a single line from co-star Jenna Coleman as the Doctor's memory of his late companion, Clara, all dialogue is spoken by Capaldi. Apart from Coleman's brief appearance, a child appearing at the end of the episode, and a veiled specter of impending death, Capaldi is the only actor (barring the 'previously on'). "Heaven Sent" has been called not just the best episode of Doctor Who in 2015, but one of the best episodes of any television program. While the writing and directing are also top-notch, those efforts aren't categories in the TV IV Awards. Regardless, Peter Capaldi showed in those 55 minutes why he deserves to be considered for awards, real and fictitious.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Annnnnd our tradition of at least one mild trainwreck per award season continues! After getting 10 responses to the ballot, I realized that one highly acclaimed -- if somewhat controversial -- show got left off the ballot, and because this is Google Forms, I made a move to change that.

So, now you can vote to nominate Sense8 for Outstanding Drama Series, "What's Going On?" for Outstanding Drama Episode, and Jamie Clayton, Miguel Ángel Silvestre, and Aml Ameen for Outstanding Supporting Actors. The Black-ish episode "Hope" is also available to nominate for Outstanding Comedy Episode; I actually meant to include it but it somehow got lost.

If you already submitted but want to vote for these new candidates, it's not a problem; I just made it so that you're now allowed to edit your response if you'd like. Just use the same link and you'll be able to go back to the ballot you filled out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Who nominated Hugh Laurie in Night Manager for supporting? He was the co-lead.

e: nobody nominated the GoT finale for drama despite two other episodes getting nods? drat.

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 30, 2016

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I was surprised to see Carrie Coon in there for both Supporting and Lead Drama Actress, but hell I voted for her in both and I'd do it again.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I put her in lead dunno who stumped for her in supporting

edit stumped, not trumped

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 30, 2016

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Carrie Coon in Supporting was, you guessed it, another mistake; I took her out. Feel free to go back and edit your ballots if you voted for her in that category.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I can't seem to find any Stranger Things to vote for. :(

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

BSam posted:

I can't seem to find any Stranger Things to vote for. :(

Oh, were you the guy that kept submitting it?

DivisionPost posted:

For binge-released shows, [the eligibility] window shifts to June 2015-May 2016. So...Stranger Things won't be eligible until next year.

DivisionPost posted:

• Voltron: Legendary Defender and Stranger Things dropped on Netflix after the May cutoff and are thus ineligible for this year's awards.

You'll be able to vote for it next year.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

Oh, were you the guy that kept submitting it?

No, because I knew I wasn't allowed to, and because I'm lazy. I wanted to though, just to annoy you, but I didn't.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well I voted straight ticket Big Bang Theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

IRQ posted:

Well I voted straight ticket Big Bang Theory.

You're the voice of your nation.
Was that even on there? I didn't notice it.

• Locked thread