Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feedback Agency
Apr 23, 2014

I am a sentient being of photonic matter in humanoid form. Feel free to ask whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

What happens when you look in a mirror?

Feedback Agency
Apr 23, 2014

Pawn 17 posted:

What happens when you look in a mirror?

The photons that my body emits are reflected from the mirror's surface into the section of matter that composes my visual system; therefore, I am able to see myself. This generally happens to human beings, too.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
do you like dicks or nah?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
is ur dick a lightsaber

oh and does it make that noise when you get a boner

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
is it still possible to be gay? if so, dick picks

Feedback Agency
Apr 23, 2014

Iron Prince posted:

do you like dicks or nah?

nah

ElectricSheep posted:

is ur dick a lightsaber

oh and does it make that noise when you get a boner

A Stupid Baby posted:

is it still possible to be gay? if so, dick picks

Hard-light constructs have no need for sexuality or dicks

Feedback Agency fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 18, 2016

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
What's your preferred mode of transit?

Can you be everywhere at once if you spread out far enough?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Computer, arch

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

how do u reproduce, if not through homosexual acts??

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
is your race observing humanity through GBS and going to weigh judgement upon us accordingly?

if so, when can I expect you to bring our world to an end?

Feedback Agency
Apr 23, 2014

phasmid posted:

What's your preferred mode of transit?

Can you be everywhere at once if you spread out far enough?

Usually I just turn myself into a laser and travel at the speed of light towards my destination.

BeefThief posted:

how do u reproduce, if not through homosexual acts??

Hard-light beings "reproduce" by constructing another hard-light being out of additional photonic matter. It's a bit like mitosis.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Uh computer, arch

Computer end program

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
whats your favorite anime?

Feedback Agency
Apr 23, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

whats your favorite anime?

Boku no Pico

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
you didn't answer my question about judging humanity :tinfoil:

Feedback Agency
Apr 23, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

you didn't answer my question about judging humanity :tinfoil:

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

is your race observing humanity through GBS and going to weigh judgement upon us accordingly?

if so, when can I expect you to bring our world to an end?

There are actually several of us hard-light beings who are goons. I'm not giving any names, though, so good luck finding out who they are.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Feedback Agency posted:

The photons that my body emits are reflected from the mirror's surface into the section of matter that composes my visual system; therefore, I am able to see myself. This generally happens to human beings, too.

for someone made of light you don't seem to understand how it works at all

actual humans can't see the black body infrared radiation they emit, unaided by technology. we see ourselves because external light sources such as the sun or a lamp emit photons which reflect off our bodies, then a mirror, focused with a lens, then finally absorbed by receptors in our eyes

i hope this knowledge, learned by most in primary school, helps you fit in better with your fleshy superiors

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Hey cool of you to open up, was just wondering how I can become composed of light myself

any tips or whatever? I want to shoot through space really fast im talking so fast, it would be cool

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope you get loving banned, nerd

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

also hold up how can you experience time if you're massless

you're either made of mass in which case you are definitely not photonic at all or you should just totally incapable of experience, since the entire history of the universe is the same moment for you

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

chaosbreather posted:

for someone made of light you don't seem to understand how it works at all

actual humans can't see the black body infrared radiation they emit, unaided by technology. we see ourselves because external light sources such as the sun or a lamp emit photons which reflect off our bodies, then a mirror, focused with a lens, then finally absorbed by receptors in our eyes

i hope this knowledge, learned by most in primary school, helps you fit in better with your fleshy superiors

I came here to insult OP about not knowing much about light but you did it way better.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Why are you such a smeghead?

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What's the Higgs-Boson like? A cool dude?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
"photonic matter" is a contradiction. are you lying to us?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Whose worse, Riker or Geordi?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
photonic matter sounds like just regular old matter held together by electrochemical bonds and strong/weak nuclear forces to me

sounds like the OP is no big deal at all

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Feedback Agency posted:

Isn't it more like the photons your body emits reflect off the mirror and into the camera of the computer controlling you which then extrapolates the angle to your eyes and has "you" react accordingly?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Could you please travel to Europa and see if there are any fossils and poo poo in those ice cracks ?

SillyOldBag
Nov 6, 2009

if it aint swole then punch the tip and twist it

chaosbreather posted:

you're either made of mass in which case you are definitely not photonic at all or you should just totally incapable of experience, since the entire history of the universe is the same moment for you

If you constrain energy within a system it begins to exhibit mass and, therefore, to experience time. Story checks out, guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSKzgpt4HBU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
SO US YOUR PUSSY

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
How resistant are you to a full spread of photon torpedos and a phaser burst alternating across fire groups and harmonic calibrations?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

How resistant are you to a full spread of photon torpedos and a phaser burst alternating across fire groups and harmonic calibrations?

Depends on whether you're aiming for his "body" or the projection apparatus.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Depends on whether you're aiming for his "body" or the projection apparatus.

Either/or

Also, how would you handle having the front defelctor array reversed on you in such a way that it shoots a big rear end blue beam ala a Goku laser at you that has soemthing to do witht he shields or some poo poo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
OP is Steven as annoying irl as he is on TV? Do you ever get tempted to kill him and hope Rose regenerates from his gem?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
What is your favorite flavor of yogurt?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Is there any reason the police shouldn't gun down your species at random just like we do the rest of the non whites?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

chaosbreather posted:

omg for the last few weeks i have been really troubled by the delayed observation double slit experiment because it seems to push causality backwards in time, when you collapse a photon from a wave to a particle it doesnt happen when you do it, it happens all the way back at the beginning of the photon. but if photons are at tau zero and have no time, then how would a photon be a wave in one moment and then a particle in a later moment, since the photon itself only has one single instant in it, it can only exist as one or the other, forever. it only appears to go backwards in time because it is stretched out by space. everything makes sense now. awseome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Don't remind people that Voyager was a thing that happened. We all just want to forget.

• Locked thread