Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That was a really good episode. Maybe the best yet. Great balance between the serious political intruige and the comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh! Yay! Looks like a Kanuka episode!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:stare: Holy poo poo Beam Weapons in Patlabor, SV2 isn't remotely equipped for this.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, tonight was easily the best night of the Simulwatch so far. 2 great episodes. Patlabor is at its best when it's relatively straight faced, IMO.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Serious episodes! I dug both of them. The first was very Oshii, with the misdirection by supposedly friendly agents. The second... Droyer, you're an evil man for stretching the first multi-ep story across days. But! it was also good. I look forward to finding out what the heck is going on.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

OKAY I DONT THINK THE DOG IS A MOSSAD SPY

I believe in the power of the spy dog. I will pet him.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I really like both of these episodes. Ep 9 is silly and fun without being totally goofy, and has this

which is absolutely perfect. I should also mention for those of you who have seen the original OVA that Home of the Sea is the same as Beach House, they just translated the name differently this time.

Episode 10 has a lot going on, has the highest stakes so far, gives some insight into Kanuka and presents a mystery. Both of the movies tip their hands to the audience pretty fast, but at the end of this episode you still have no idea what's going on. Also I set the schedule so the first multi-episode storyline has a break in between because I'm insanely hosed up.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

It's time for the return of the changes list!

Noa is the new kid of Division 2, rather than Division 2 being newly formed.
Both Ingram 1 and 2 have slightly different designs, mostly related to their colors. The tip of the "ear" and antenna on Alphonse is a creamy yellow, and black on unit 2. Unit 2 also has black around its forehead camera. In the other continuity both the ear and antenna were gray on both, and Unit 2's head was all white.
Captain Shinobu Nagumo has brown hair rather than dark blue/black.
The Ingram is now merely the latest in Labors built specifically for police work, preceded by the AV-97 Python, rather than the first one.
The Brocken has a different color scheme, it is now bluish gray rather than red.
Beam weapons exist. WE GUNDAM NOW!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have plans this evening, so I won't be streaming, and I'll be watching the episodes later.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

It's time to go!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

We goin'

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ota, you loving dumbass

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kanuka!!! :swoon:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Great episode. The way the show highlights the differences in ability between the Ingram and proper millitary labors really does wonders for the tension of the whole thing. Noa and Kanuka were also huge badasses in this one.

Were the Brockens supposed to be unmanned? SV2 clearly recovered a couple of them, but no mention of any pilots who might spill what was going on with the whole terror plot.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Great episode. The way the show highlights the differences in ability between the Ingram and proper millitary labors really does wonders for the tension of the whole thing. Noa and Kanuka were also huge badasses in this one.

Were the Brockens supposed to be unmanned? SV2 clearly recovered a couple of them, but no mention of any pilots who might spill what was going on with the whole terror plot.

I think the implication is all of the Brockens and the Phantom were unmanned.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Well, this episode has made me feel bad for Ota, so it is clearly doing something right.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Another great episode. Did a great job of humanizing a character who desperately needed it. I hope they don't ditch all this good characterization they've given Ota, now.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Another great episode. Did a great job of humanizing a character who desperately needed it. I hope they don't ditch all this good characterization they've given Ota, now.

Well, he's not really going to be notably different going forward. Rather than seeing this as character development as such, think of it as examining a character. In this episode we learn a lot about what being a policeman means to Ota, but this is something that was always there.

Madao
Jul 25, 2016

by Shine
I missed this simuwatch start time but I will join the next one, work ran overtime and knew I was missing something

This is a good anime though, I appreciate the thread.

Thanks for excepting a newbie

Hope to catch the next one!

Madao fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 6, 2016

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Spy dog! Would pet discreetly and while also secretly petting a cat

I'm glad they're continuing to have the OPs be in-universe songs, I love that

Poor Goto, all he wanted was some fish for lunch and those greedy cops ate it

also, I'm hungry for tiny fish stew now

Whoa? :stwoon: maybe

Whoa! Oh poo poo, it's the Dirty Pair, everyone run!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Goto has the best expressions oh my god

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Kanuka~ :3:

A good ending to the dramatic episodes

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Poor Ota... that was a pretty lovely episode

https://a.pomf.cat/padhml.webm

:3:

https://a.pomf.cat/tixqdq.webm

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Time to watch Friday's episodes!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

these are huge lanes

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Shadowy men operating experimental labors at night with impunity. That's bad. I suspect this incident will come back to haunt our friends.

holy poo poo

"Is it a freak of nature or a divine intervention? Ota, the resident wallflower of Division 2, goes on a preliminary date of an arranged marriage!!"

harsh burn. fair, though

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
http://i.imgur.com/myXkzmj.mp4

love it

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ota's so awkward. This is hard to watch.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

This is a hideous outfit.

Ota you dork.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That felt like an episode of Maison Ikkoku, but with police and robots. Very Showa.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'll be streaming tonight at Patlabor o'clock.

https://synchtu.be/r/Super_Idol_Time

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

It's go time!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thought we were getting a new OP for a second there.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hah. Asuma's jealous.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Man, Ota, I thought we were getting somewhere with you. :sigh:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That episode was cool. Shame Noa probably has 8-10 years on the Prince, or else that'd be a better ship than her and Asuma.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Man, that fucker's lucky Shinobu decided to call before Goto could gently caress him up proper

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Goto seems like the best boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That was fun. Nice character beats for Noa, Kanuka, Goto.

• Locked thread