Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

ijii posted:

The biggest reason for me not watching Smackdown in the past was the obnoxious piped in audience. For the first time in about a decade I'll watch a full episode of Smackdown tomorrow.

I've never seen an episode of smackdown in my life. Good job WWE, you snuck one on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Brennan posted:

welp time to see what they got cooked up for tonight

Stephanie <3

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DarkstarIV posted:

Smackdown is getting screwed here.

2 hour show means you get gamestop trades.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
*crowd rises to feet*

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
drat spoilers for ruining this for me. It was in the title of news articles on non-wrestling sites.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Who cares about the underdog? Where's The Big Dog?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Looking forward to R Truth constantly showing up on the show he isn't drafted on.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Seems like having the cruiserweights on smackdown would make more sense if it has the heavyweight title. Y'know, cruiserweight... heavyweight...

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Team Canadian Jerks counts as 1 draft pick right?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Zack Ryder gets new music but Cesaro can't.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I seriously think Rollins/Ambrose is going to be a REALLY long match. Like that Punk/Cena Piledriver Match. The result is going to break my heart but only a little because Seth also owns,, so...

14 mins with commercials, distraction rollup victory.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SomeMathGuy posted:

Daniel Bryan is unburiable and it owns.

Put him in a love quadrangle storyline with ziggler, eva marie, and xpac.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Which show gets The Highlight Reel and which one gets Miz TV?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm not gonna tell WWE how to spend their money but Del Rio mighta not been economical.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Sasha Banks is legit Becky's best friend by default. That's depressing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SomeMathGuy posted:

Becky has caught a bad, bad case of Sting syndrome.

It's too late for a crow gimmick, she's already dressed as a bird a few times.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The crowd booing Team Valor was amazing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

ijii posted:

lol @ John Cena not understanding the new era wrestlers.

His face reeks of "Oh god the person I can relate to the most in the ring is loving Bray Wyatt"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Braun's running power slam is added to my list of "moves that should be finishers but aren't" like owens/rollins frog splash, zayn's blue thunder bomb, and AJ's springboard 450. That power slam looked like it should just END a man.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Old Man Cena is confused and scared by everything tonight. He's gonna go back to feuding with Orton at this rate.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

surf rock posted:

Can someone legit explain the difference between the teams? I get that they're different colors and correspond to the different bird pokemon from the original games, but is there like any in-game difference?

Do different teams get different things?

Are there global stats comparing how the different teams are doing?

Do these teams get different characterizations?

It's mostly tongue-in-cheek hate... unless you're one of those kids who thinks everyone is being serious and you REALLY hate the other two teams. Really its just an excuse to do "Us vs Them" hate.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

bartok posted:

I'd give a poo poo about the whole team thing if combat was actually fun or at the very least not painfully terrible.

Like 80% of the player base either hasnt played since red/blue or never played before ever. Putting in the actual pokemon combat system would make their brains shut down.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Kawalimus posted:

That clash actually looked decent. Good match there.

How often does he get to do it on a guy smaller than him?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

VJeff posted:

hhhhhuh.

That was. Really good booking?

Enzo just wanted to BeatUpJohnCena too

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Backstage silent talking segments seems to be Apollo's gimmick. Kinda makes him look like a kissass, its always with an authority figure.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

motherbox posted:

Tbh turning him into a gilded heel who cheats and sucks up while maintaining the golden boy image would probably be the most interesting thing they could do with him.

Worshipping the people in charge was something he did a lot in NXT too. Dusty Rhodes even gave him his in-ring name.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If the janitor shows up and asks him to leave, that'd save this segment.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Shima Honnou posted:

Are they still trying to push Seth as a heel and then airing poo poo like this which is obviously face or what?

You saw his package before the Roman match right? With the heartwarming inspirational true story about his rehab and recovery from the injury that took him down while he was in the middle of making his dreams come true?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Now do one with Roman that gets constantly interrupted by echoing boos coming from seemingly nowhere.

So thats where the ones edited out of Smackdown go.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
So the lucha dragons arent a team anymore but they still have identical ring gear? Also yay, another Kalisto vs Big Guy storyline.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
30 more mins of BvS, the movie that was already 45 mins too long. Wasn't that scene already in the movie?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Tatum Girlparts posted:

why do they keep trying to sell me on these soda flavored poptarts by showing them getting soaked by soda. Like who wants soggy poptarts

And why isn't there a mountain dew one?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I feel like these three have been in every womens match this past year

I feel like everyone in this match has beaten up Becky in the last year. Also like 10 women who aren't in the match.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

spinst posted:

natalya is the least heelish heel ever

It's called being a diva. She's bringing it back.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

VJeff posted:

Going after Becky instead of Charlotte makes Natalya look like such a loving idiot.

Becky made one mistake that cost them a match. Charlotte's been actively screwing Natalya out of the belt for months.

IT MAKES NO SENSE!

Divas. Somehow they're bad at being written as face, heel, AND tweeners at the same time.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Ruggington posted:

what the hell is a diva

Natty. She didn't get the update.exe.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

bartok posted:

We live in a world where there was a Hangover Trilogy.

Wait til 20 years later when you have to endure people whining and crying about the remake making GBS threads on their childhoods.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Zack vs Miz rematch and Darren vs Rusev to prove he's better than his old tag team partner sounds like much better storylines.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DarkstarIV posted:

zack ryder and ziggler on a tag team amuses me

If they feuded with Breezango I'd be so invested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Never thought I'd see Dolph and Rusev in a ring again. I wish Summer Rae was here.

• Locked thread