Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

rezatahs posted:

still the only good reason to vote for her

now if she could only guarantee more limpdick neoliberal goon deaths

I would consider voting for Hillary if her election platform was literally exile to Syria , for life, every goon who has, of their own conscious volition, posted in D&D

hell, I'd even be enthusiastic about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Justice for Benjamin (Vilerat) Gaza!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it can even segue with her platform of taking in refugees from the Middle East - basically a form of cultural exchange, our best and brightest for theirs

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

quote:

By 2011, Chelsea Clinton was taking a dominant role in the foundation and had a seat on its board.[2][18] To raise money for the Foundation, she gives paid speeches, such as her 2014 address at the University of Missouri in Kansas City for the opening of the Starr Women's Hall of Fame, for which she was paid $65,000. The University had attempted to book Hillary Clinton, but reconsidered when they discovered her usual fee was $275,000. The University then booked Chelsea instead, with her fee going directly to the Clinton Foundation. A spokesperson for the Foundation said in 2015 that, "Unlike her parents' talks, Ms. Clinton's speeches are on behalf of the Clinton Foundation, and 100 percent of the fees are remitted directly to the foundation.”[19]

65 grand for loving Chelsea Clinton? drat I chose the wrong job.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

OctaviusBeaver posted:

65 grand for loving Chelsea Clinton? drat I chose the wrong job.

I don't think you can choose to be born into a sociopathic political dynasty

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I don't think you can choose to be born into a sociopathic political dynasty

Sigh, I can wish though.

Also if the University of Missouri Kansas City ever complains about being underfunded I hope the state legislature tells them to eat a dick.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Logically, I think Sean would have voted for Trump given the knowledge that Hillary would someday be (even if only in part) responsible for his own death.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Look.... Clinton is a shiesty career politician with all the baggage that comes with that. Just about every modern president we've had has also been a shiesty career politician. America is still here. Trump is not a shiesty career politician, he's a shiesty career businessman who can't run a business without it going bankrupt and just left his gig as a motherfucking reality TV star to run for president. If you're finding yourself on the fence or seriously considering Trump, make an appointment to see a doctor because you may have suffered brain trauma.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Flavor Truck posted:

Logically, I think Sean would have voted for Trump given the knowledge that Hillary would someday be (even if only in part) responsible for his own death.

That would depend on the type of movie you are talking about here. Is this a Back to the Future situation? Maybe it's a Butterfly Effect, and by Vilerat not dying, America is thrown into an even darker and more terrible future. Maybe it's a Groundhog's Day and his death was entirely predetermined.

Please elaborate on the violation of a normal space-time continuum as it relates to Vilerat acquiring the information that explains his own death, since that would likely inform his decision in the voting booth.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 21, 2016

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i agree this thread shouldnt be about hillary or trump which is why i will be writing in Sean 'Vilerat' Smith as my vote for president

also does anyone remember the guy who got up to hillary for an autograph and asked to sign it for his friend chris stevens and then she refused to sign his thing lmao

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Spoondick posted:

Look.... Clinton is a shiesty career politician with all the baggage that comes with that. Just about every modern president we've had has also been a shiesty career politician. America is still here. Trump is not a shiesty career politician, he's a shiesty career businessman who can't run a business without it going bankrupt and just left his gig as a motherfucking reality TV star to run for president. If you're finding yourself on the fence or seriously considering Trump, make an appointment to see a doctor because you may have suffered brain trauma.

makes literally no sense unless you really like the system as is

"america is still here" is a pretty low bar to set for presidential success or failure, the continental plate isn't going anywhere fast

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I would consider voting for Hillary if her election platform was literally exile to Syria , for life, every goon who has, of their own conscious volition, posted in D&D

hell, I'd even be enthusiastic about it

i posted there once, the time ralp told us to spread the gbs spirit to all the subforums. i didnt even get banned

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Who?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

reallivedinosaur posted:

"america is still here" is a pretty low bar to set for presidential success or failure, the continental plate isn't going anywhere fast

National politics has always been like eating a poo poo sandwich. That doesn't mean putting someone in charge who is empirically incompetent will change things for the better. If you don't see that you're that special kind of stupid that doesn't know what stupid is. Clinton v. Trump is not Apples v. Oranges (lol), it's Apples v. Used hypodermic syringe found in a Chuck E. Cheese ballpit. Go pick a treat for the kids, America!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wondering this as well

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Jose Mengelez posted:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1517501/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t20

he was played by chris dingus whose breakout role was playing gollum (gross little troll that nobody likes) in a lotr fan film.

Heh... Chris Dingus...... :twisted:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

That would depend on the type of movie you are talking about here. Is this a Back to the Future situation? Maybe it's a Butterfly Effect, and by Vilerat not dying, America is thrown into an even darker and more terrible future. Maybe it's a Groundhog's Day and his death was entirely predetermined.

Please elaborate on the violation of a normal space-time continuum as it relates to Vilerat acquiring the information that explains his own death, since that would likely inform his decision in the voting booth.

Maybe Vilerat is trapped in an pocket universe that starts with him hitting submit reply on his final post on SA...and ends with him screaming in agony as he burns to death, and then loops back over and over again for all eternity! Here's hoping! HAHA! .

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Spoondick posted:

National politics has always been like eating a poo poo sandwich. That doesn't mean putting someone in charge who is empirically incompetent will change things for the better. If you don't see that you're that special kind of stupid that doesn't know what stupid is. Clinton v. Trump is not Apples v. Oranges (lol), it's Apples v. Used hypodermic syringe found in a Chuck E. Cheese ballpit. Go pick a treat for the kids, America!

Obama didn't really have much experience. He was only in the senate for a couple of years. I think decades of business experience is probably more notable than that. Granted Obama was poo poo president and I doubt Trump would be much better, but I think Hillary would be even worse than either of them despite being experienced.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

8 track betamax posted:

Maybe Vilerat is trapped in an pocket universe that starts with him hitting submit reply on his final post on SA...and ends with him screaming in agony as he burns to death, and then loops back over and over again for all eternity! Here's hoping! HAHA! .

he has the horn of eld this time it's ok

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

i posted there once, the time ralp told us to spread the gbs spirit to all the subforums. i didnt even get banned

well there is still a good chance you could survive being America's gift of love to Syria if you cleave to the regime I guess

and as we've established since 1945, "I was just following orders" is no excuse :smug:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

8 track betamax posted:

Won't it be like going into a hot bathtub, burns your nads at fist but after a while you just go meh?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Obama didn't really have much experience. He was only in the senate for a couple of years. I think decades of business experience is probably more notable than that. Granted Obama was poo poo president and I doubt Trump would be much better, but I think Hillary would be even worse than either of them despite being experienced.

Trump was so good at business after decades of being in business he had to star in commerials, hawk random poo poo like steaks with his name, push Get Rich Quick schemes like Trump University, and go on a reality TV show to make money. Must be an awesome businessman. I've met people who do the same thing every day for decades that somehow are not good at what they are doing. This is because they're incompetent. Trump is incompetent. If you want an incompetent person in charge of the world's most lethal conventional fighting force and nuclear weapons, you're dumb as poo poo and also incompetent.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Spoondick posted:

Trump was so good at business after decades of being in business he had to star in commerials, hawk random poo poo like steaks with his name, push Get Rich Quick schemes like Trump University, and go on a reality TV show to make money. Must be an awesome businessman. I've met people who do the same thing every day for decades that somehow are not good at what they are doing. This is because they're incompetent. Trump is incompetent. If you want an incompetent person in charge of the world's most lethal conventional fighting force and nuclear weapons, you're dumb as poo poo and also incompetent.

yeah but its either him or a woman

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of a Darkest Timeline-type scenario in which Vilerat was given a glimpse into an alternate reality wherein he was killed by Hillary before being given the choice to vote for her in the timeline where he had never been given the Benghazi assignment, etc.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

see now i totally get this and is why im voting trump

my house had significant issues, wasn't quite falling apart, but man was i tired of it

so i set fire to it

Bulky Brute
Aug 23, 2004
I'm a horrible extreme leftist moron who developed my political opinions through a long and trying process of smelling my own farts until my brain died. Please ignore all my stupid posts---------->
Wasn't the american embassy/CIA in Libya smuggling weapons and islamist fighters into Syria, i.e. creating ISIS? :angel:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Luvcow posted:

i have a dream that someday i will actually like one or both of the two chosen candidates for president

obviously not this election, but maybe, just maybe someday down the road

:laugh: after the heat death of the universe

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Spoondick posted:

Eh, I doubt Trump needs reality TV because his business failed or something. He's pretty rich.

Hillary's record looks good on paper, but she didn't actually do anything important either in the Senate or as Secretary of State (which she quit). If Trump is a failed businessman then Hillary is certainly a failure as a politician. She only got the nomination because her only opponent was an insane octogenarian Bolshevik. The only positive thing she accomplished was murdering a D&D mod.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Eh, I doubt Trump needs reality TV because his business failed or something. He's pretty rich.

Hillary's record looks good on paper, but she didn't actually do anything important either in the Senate or as Secretary of State (which she quit). If Trump is a failed businessman then Hillary is certainly a failure as a politician. She only got the nomination because her only opponent was an insane octogenarian Bolshevik. The only positive thing she accomplished was murdering a D&D mod.

I think you'll find that four of his over two hundred business ventures needed to use bankruptcy laws to restructure, so, uh, really I'm super successful compared to the guy who just broke into the political system by force of will on a shoestring budget! Ah rumpf dump rumfitty doo!~!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Yeah, so rich he refuses to release his tax returns like every other major party candidate for the last 40 years. He doesn't want to blow our minds with how much money he's making, I'm sure. Couldn't at all be because he's dramatically overstating his wealth and income.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I also value my name at $2b. You are in the presence of royalty over here.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm voting for Trump because I need cheap gas for my jacked up Suburban and he said we're going to steal the middle east's oil after we bomb the poo poo out of them.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Bulky Brute posted:

Wasn't the american embassy/CIA in Libya smuggling weapons and islamist fighters into Syria, i.e. creating ISIS? :angel:

Watch Vilerat start a loving war!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spoondick posted:

Yeah, so rich he refuses to release his tax returns like every other major party candidate for the last 40 years. He doesn't want to blow our minds with how much money he's making, I'm sure. Couldn't at all be because he's dramatically overstating his wealth and income.

I think it's more likely because he's probably paid 0 income tax in the last decade.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
If you search your heart, it seems pretty clear that the guy who has spent his entire life working to make himself the international shorthand for "rich guy" is actually not rich at all.

And that's why you shouldn't vote for him!

revolther
May 27, 2008
Failed idiot clown is definitely as qualified as that poo poo president with the degree in constitutional law that kept your family from living in a third world gutter.

Hell orange is two whole shades from brown.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is the guy who made the youtube video still in jail?

Do you think Hillary LOLd IRL when he went to jail over it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

My favorite commercial was the one where Jeff Bezos stole Mark Zuckerberg's soft serve at Warren Buffet's Family Diner during the premier of Charles Koch's reality TV series Koched Up! Feels good to see all these guys take time from their busy schedules to entertain us out of the kindness of their hearts since they obviously don't need the money.

• Locked thread