Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
kash can u clarify how your masonry works because i have very limited experience with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Did I miss AA posting in the thread that Kash and his unnamed mason buddy are confirmed town?

Because that's how you get mod confirmed. Not by just saying 'hey I'm mod confirmed.'

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

what's good is the amitriptyline helps with my insomnia, IBS, and anxiety as well so it's a nice all in one for my myriad issues

That's how I felt about fluvoxamine when I took it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

what's good is the amitriptyline helps with my insomnia, IBS, and anxiety as well so it's a nice all in one for my myriad issues

That sounds like a good medication then! Yeah reading even the wikipedia page shows pleiotropic effects. Hopefully it helps with the migraines too.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

Explain how this is not scum doc to me bud

A mason doc that literally has the mod saying we are confirmed town among other things is mod confirmed town masonry. You're really doubting this extremely early and it feels like you're scum trying to push out a real possible problem for you and to get rid of it early.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That sounds like a good medication then! Yeah reading even the wikipedia page shows pleiotropic effects. Hopefully it helps with the migraines too.

me too

gotta love off label benefits

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well I fully expect Kashuno to get shot for saying that he's in a confirmed town masonry. If he doesn't then he probably has mason as a fakeclaim and is scum :shrug:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

A mason doc that literally has the mod saying we are confirmed town among other things is mod confirmed town masonry. You're really doubting this extremely early and it feels like you're scum trying to push out a real possible problem for you and to get rid of it early.

yeah but from a town perspective we have no way of confirming any of that is true, that's what moat is saying

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

kash can u clarify how your masonry works because i have very limited experience with them

I can talk in my masonry with my mason buddy. Masonries can be confirmed or not. Our masonry is confirmed by the mod to be both town aligned. It's not mod confirmed in thread, but it has been confirmed that my mason buddy and I are both town to each other.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

TMMadman posted:

Did I miss AA posting in the thread that Kash and his unnamed mason buddy are confirmed town?

Because that's how you get mod confirmed. Not by just saying 'hey I'm mod confirmed.'

This is my thought process kash

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

There is literally no reason for a townie to come out and say, "Hey guys I'm a mason and have a mason buddy." totally unprompted, hence the shade throwing.

But vote does rhyme with moat soooooo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

yeah but from a town perspective we have no way of confirming any of that is true, that's what moat is saying

So if the other mason bro comes to the thread and confirms would you believe it then? It'd be stupid as gently caress for two scum to pretend they're in a confirmed masonry

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

So if the other mason bro comes to the thread and confirms would you believe it then? It'd be stupid as gently caress for two scum to pretend they're in a confirmed masonry

Almost as stupid as a mason coming out as saying he's in a confirmed town masonry for no reason.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

There is literally no reason for a townie to come out and say, "Hey guys I'm a mason and have a mason buddy." totally unprompted, hence the shade throwing.

But vote does rhyme with moat soooooo

My first game with Rarity we claimed our masonry extremely early. I think it is a good idea from her logic in that game, and there are reasons also specific to this game why I think it is good to be open about it early.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

This is my thought process kash

But to argue that a confirmed masonry isn't a thing is silly. I've been in multiple games where people are in masonries and the first question is usually 'are you confirmed'?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

if they came out and confirmed, that would help, but only once one of you is dead would we have any real proof, because if you flip town it's exponentially more likely your mason partner is town

but that's not a good idea for the purposes of keeping said masonry from getting NK'd, even if you have already let the cat out of the bag on your end

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

It's happened before.

Neither of you are confirmed until one of you dies.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

My first game with Rarity we claimed our masonry extremely early. I think it is a good idea from her logic in that game, and there are reasons also specific to this game why I think it is good to be open about it early.

So, what's different about this game where you feel you are the only person who should claim?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Li Dawny posted:

But to argue that a confirmed masonry isn't a thing is silly. I've been in multiple games where people are in masonries and the first question is usually 'are you confirmed'?

That's not my argument I'm just saying I don't see how he's mod conf

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

if they came out and confirmed, that would help, but only once one of you is dead would we have any real proof, because if you flip town it's exponentially more likely your mason partner is town

but that's not a good idea for the purposes of keeping said masonry from getting NK'd, even if you have already let the cat out of the bag on your end

We have limited information to work with on d1. If we can eliminate multiple players from the pool early we do a few things

1) Masons who are confirmed to each other have less people in the scum pool, and if town believes them it limits the size of the scum pool.

2) since the scum pool is then limited, scum are in the awkward position of trying to hunt other roles or having to try to convince the town to lynch the masons or NK them themselves, wasting precious nights.

Outing your masonry early is a good play, as it puts scum on the backfoot NOT town

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

That's not my argument I'm just saying I don't see how he's mod conf

He said they were mod confirmed to eachother, not in thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So, what's different about this game where you feel you are the only person who should claim?

Where have I said that only I should claim?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

He said they were mod confirmed to eachother, not in thread.

tbf I said to moat in a way that would imply thread confirmed, which was my fault.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

i think they're saying that the other mason should claim, or you should claim for them?

i already had to claim a PR so i'm hosed but maybe we shouldn't do that anymore d1?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I understand if you need to lynch a mason early to prove the other one, and I would prefer it is me tbh.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

As of right now you're the only one who says they are in a masonry. By itself that's a totally useless claim and doesn't help anyone.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

i think they're saying that the other mason should claim, or you should claim for them?

i already had to claim a PR so i'm hosed but maybe we shouldn't do that anymore d1?

I won't claim for someone else because that's disrespectful. I will let them claim if they want.

Also some claims are fine to make d1, and I believe firmly confirmed masonries fall in that camp.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

As of right now you're the only one who says they are in a masonry. By itself that's a totally useless claim and doesn't help anyone.

We have multiple people who aren't around or saying anything right now so this early in d1 this is an asinine statement to make

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

I understand if you need to lynch a mason early to prove the other one, and I would prefer it is me tbh.

but i don't wanna lynch you, i honestly think you were just trying to help me before and it wasn't some gambit on your part so i'd feel bad about it :(

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I don't wanna lynch you because you're one of the more considerate/polite players and I don't see any reason to...yet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
duh because real life takes precedence over mafia games and I think anyone who decided to flip from you to me as a result of me pushing for you to get lynched is a shitlord.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

I don't wanna lynch you because you're one of the more considerate/polite players and I don't see any reason to...yet.

lynch all liars imo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

lynch all liars imo

lol

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

duh because real life takes precedence over mafia games and I think anyone who decided to flip from you to me as a result of me pushing for you to get lynched is a shitlord.

:glomp:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

ilu AR but still have my eye on you since even claimed survivors have fakeclaims

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

lynch all liars imo

Hey, you used to be...difficult, but it seems that you've been trying to play a more amicable game lately.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

ilu AR but still have my eye on you since even claimed survivors have fakeclaims

Fake claims totally depend on the mod.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Fake claims totally depend on the mod.

:yeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

Hey, you used to be...difficult, but it seems that you've been trying to play a more amicable game lately.

I think you've got Stockholm syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i like how aa gives me fake claims for survivor

• Locked thread