Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jenny Angel posted:

As someone who's unfamiliar with Taichi and won't have the chance to watch this tournament for a little while, could you please break down who he is and why he sucks?

Taichi owns actually. He's a great heel.

Just watch his stupid long-rear end entrance: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jxf23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

I completely forgot Taichi existed, he's been over in NOAH, right?

I did not miss Taichi and was hoping for a quick roll-up win from the other guy to compensate for his painfully long entrance.

Add me to the pro-Tomato list as well.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jenny Angel posted:

As someone who's unfamiliar with Taichi and won't have the chance to watch this tournament for a little while, could you please break down who he is and why he sucks?

An extremely boring Jr heavyweight whose whole gimmick is that he only cheats, but not in a funny way like YTR, but in a long drawn out boring way. I don't think the dude does dives or anything like that either. The only time I liked his dirty wrestling style was when he was on crutches and had a knee brace that he used as a high knee for a finisher.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Was it Taichi himself or one of his opponents once who pretended to be a guy in the crowd reading a newspaper so he could then jump his opponent from behind during their entrance?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Was it Taichi himself or one of his opponents once who pretended to be a guy in the crowd reading a newspaper so he could then jump his opponent from behind during their entrance?

Taichi vs. Marufuji

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I have never really followed Dragon Gate, so could someone tell me why Eita's catchphrase is "No Molestar"?? Judging from what I have read about other weird DG names I expect it to be an entertaining explanation.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

just rust posted:

I have never really followed Dragon Gate, so could someone tell me why Eita's catchphrase is "No Molestar"?? Judging from what I have read about other weird DG names I expect it to be an entertaining explanation.

i don't know the explanation (beyond the fact that his old Millenials stable was highly themed around their joint Mexican excursion background) but keep in mind that it actually means "Don't bother Eita" and not "Don't Molest Eita".

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Thauros posted:

i don't know the explanation (beyond the fact that his old Millenials stable was highly themed around their joint Mexican excursion background) but keep in mind that it actually means "Don't bother Eita" and not "Don't Molest Eita".

Haha, yeah I didn't think he was asking folks not to molest him but I was thinking of it like "DO NOT DISTURB" which still struck me as an oddball catchphrase in its own right.
I didn't expect him to lose to Liger, pretty disappointed it's only NOAH and NJPW guys now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Thauros posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwqPeVkiDR4

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Eita's using it more in a fashion of "don't mess with Eita." Him and Maria are the only ones of the Millenials that has stuck with any of the Mexican trappings. Since Eita won the Brave Gate last week, I dunno if DG is going to let him be on the Night Two card since there is a TV taping that day in Sapporo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Non tournament matches announced for the finals.

David Finlay/Yuma Aoyagi/Eita vs. Kaji Tomato/Bushi/Gurukun Mask
Young Bucks vs. MCMG (not sure if its for the IWGP titles)
GHC Jr Heavyweight Tag Title Match: Atushi Kotoge & Daisuke Harada (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori & ACH
Volador Jr, Caristico, Titan scheduled to appear as well.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

extremely lol that the only thing over in NOAH is getting its big championship match on a NJPW show

also i get that they're bigger stars but they should he sending over Skyteam for the trios match against los guerreros instead of the random assemblage of top tecnicos

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i wonder how many briefcases they dropped off at kobe. i'll really wonder how many if eita ends up taking that fall (he won't)

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
now that we know everyone from the first round is booked for the other show putting all Bushiroad guys over seems even more unjustifiable

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yeah. i just woke up so I'm not gonna get too deep into bracketology but switch liger and taichi's matches and let eita go over would've been one easy way. no reason eita couldn't' have beaten taichi.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
eita and kushida had the potential to be a standout motyc, but nope gotta get taichi over.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Old news by now but the full card's out and that's the next big NJPW show only a week away. The actual tournament bracket itself is underwhelming but I like a lot of the special guest talent booked for the show.

Super J Cup Finals 2016
August 21st at 2:00 AM EDT/7:00 BST
Ariake Colosseum

Eita(DG), Yuma Aoyagi(AJPW) and David Finlay vs. Gurukun Mask(Ryukyu Pro), Kaiji Tomato (K-Dojo), and BUSHI
Super J Cup 2nd Rd Match:Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Taichi (SZKG)
Super J Cup 2nd Rd Match:KUSHIDA vs. Kenoh (NOAH)
Super J Cup 2nd Rd Match:Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru (SZKG)
Super J Cup 2nd Rd Match:Matt Sydal (ROH) vs. Will Ospreay (CHAOS)
CMLL Spotlight Match:Caristico, Volador Jr, and Titan vs. Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero, and Euforia
Super J Cup Semifinal:Liger/Taichi winner vs. KUSHIDA/Kenoh winner
Super J Cup Semifinal:Taguchi/Kanemaru winner vs. Sydal/Ospreay winner
GHC Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship:Atsushi Kotoge and Daisuke Harada(c) vs. Taiji Ishimori and ACH
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Championship:Young Bucks(c) vs. Motor City Machine Guns
Super J Cup Final ???? vs. ????

Thauros fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 14, 2016

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Considering the amount of wrestling/UFC next weekend I might as well watch this show today so I'm ready for the finals.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Thauros posted:

GHC Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship:Young Bucks(c) vs. Motor City Machine Guns

Young Bucks preemptively invading NOAH I see.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Spooky rebel BUSHI being on a team with a tomato-themed cheerleader man and a dude with a fish on his head is very cool.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i am fairly confident that eita won't be the one taking the fall on his side of that match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that this is only a little over three hours away now!

Super J Cup Finals 2016
August 21st at 2:00 AM EDT/7:00 BST
Ariake Colosseum

Eita(DG), Yuma Aoyagi(AJPW) and David Finlay vs. Gurukun Mask(Ryukyu Pro), Kaiji Tomato (K-Dojo), and BUSHI
Super J Cup 2nd Rd Match:Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Taichi (SZKG)
Super J Cup 2nd Rd Match:KUSHIDA vs. Kenoh (NOAH)
Super J Cup 2nd Rd Match:Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru (SZKG)
Super J Cup 2nd Rd Match:Matt Sydal (ROH) vs. Will Ospreay (CHAOS)
CMLL Spotlight Match:Caristico, Volador Jr, and Titan vs. Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero, and Euforia
Super J Cup Semifinal:Liger/Taichi winner vs. KUSHIDA/Kenoh winner
Super J Cup Semifinal:Taguchi/Kanemaru winner vs. Sydal/Ospreay winner
GHC Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship:Atsushi Kotoge and Daisuke Harada(c) vs. Taiji Ishimori and ACH
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Championship:Young Bucks(c) vs. Motor City Machine Guns
Super J Cup Final ???? vs. ????

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Awesome wrestling is killing me!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gaaaaaah i guess i'll stay up for the ghc jr tag title match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yo this is starting.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah I was starting to get a bit concerned at 2:02 but it's on now

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Tomato looks like he's about to offer me coupons for East Side Mario's.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i only know like half these wrestlers but im awake and still hype off takeover so sure

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That lady forgot to wear a shirt, what a faux pas!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

who the gently caress is this dude

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HE CONTINUED SINGING HIS THEME SONG WHILE KICKING A DUDE IN THE NUTS

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

The ladies can't resist Liger.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

HE CONTINUED SINGING HIS THEME SONG WHILE KICKING A DUDE IN THE NUTS

Look Milano knew the risks going in when he chose to get photographed with the lady :colbert:

Edit: Hahaha how the gently caress is that not a DQ?

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 21, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

what the gently caress lol what a strategy by this dude

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

taichi is my new favorite wrestler

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Liger: Uhhh did you not notice the dude who was NOT in the match literally holding me down and preventing me from getting back to the ring?
Ref: That doesn't sound very likely!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

how has new japan not re-licensed all these themes for njpw world broadcast by now

its so weird that you can hear the real theme when the commentators talk

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

kenoh, or as his pants say, Ken Oh, or as I imagine in my head, "Ken, Oh!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

kenoh seems okay!

• Locked thread