Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I had to get a scanner and the one I got had this loving book inside the the scan bed.

Who the gently caress is this guy? What the hell?

Laugh at this& tell me your amazon stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Grats OP you're a millionaire.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

jon joe posted:

Grats OP you're a millionaire.

Ih-ma becuum ah cuntry star w theeas just need to break out mah geetar an cuntry hat

batebro
Sep 24, 2012

:smugbert:
You have in your hand pure unadulterated Southern America. I recommend buying a dulcimer and learning it while eating chicken fried steak and, of course, listening to Hank Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSozIEo-Fuk

To answer: I bought an Eames chair knockoff from Amazon. Within the box was not only the chair (which is actually really great/high quality) but also a pretty high quality box cutter and a bunch of random Chinese newspaper. Totally kept the box cutter.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

Ih-ma becuum ah cuntry star w theeas just need to break out mah geetar an cuntry hat

Not a joke, OP. You have a very rare book that would sell in auction for literal millions. I recommend calling a lawyer and showing them the gold so you can protect your future money.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hello my name is Lawrence Q Hammstein and I am representing the estate of Hank Williams. You will destroy those documents immediately or face the harshest punishments.

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~
Be careful, OP. His ghost is known to still be around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2hJLa0T-Sw

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I bought a MacBook and just got this binder with the ports drawn all over it in sharpie and it says P-P-P-PowerBook on the front. I don't know what happened.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

often i already forgot what i ordered by the time it shows up so its like a surprise

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
that's an awesome bonus, Hank Williams kicks rear end and now you can perform his music

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Blind Rasputin posted:

I bought a MacBook and just got this binder with the ports drawn all over it in sharpie and it says P-P-P-PowerBook on the front. I don't know what happened.

If you were the guy you'd be way more mad about it plus it had nothing to do w Amazon

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Parallax Scroll posted:

often i already forgot what i ordered by the time it shows up so its like a surprise

One time I got the FF8 soundtrack FROM JAPAN in the mail. Japan guy who sold it sent a nice letter thanking me :3:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Well, that's how they get you. Now you'll have to buy a dulcimer.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

gleebster posted:

Well, that's how they get you. Now you'll have to buy a dulcimer.

what the hell is a dulcimer

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~

Thin Privilege posted:

what the hell is a dulcimer

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
A damsel with a dulcimer
In a vision once I saw:
It was an Abyssinian maid,
And on her dulcimer she played,
Singing of Mount Abora going honky-tonkin'.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

gleebster posted:

A damsel with a dulcimer
In a vision once I saw:
It was an Abyssinian maid,
And on her dulcimer she played,
Singing of Mount Abora going honky-tonkin'.

so some southern thing

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Hank Williams owns OP. You're a lucky person.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

blugu64 posted:

you're thinking of andy williams

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
could been worse you could got a tear in your beer. Or have someone poo poo in it.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Lucky Guy posted:

you're thinking of andy williams

No way dude, Hank Williams is protier drinkin music

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hank williams is dope

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

hank williams is dope

Can confirm. Hank Williams knows his poo poo

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Amazon quickly and efficiently ships me everything I need and they are very nice.

If for some reason I don't get things in time or have complaints they fully refund me and let me keep the item.

Not very exciting stories.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

One time I bought a dumb Warhammer book from an Amazon seller and it never showed up. The seller was pretty responsive and after two weeks decided yeah, the books not coming and we'll never get more copies and gave me a full refund.

Then six months later my apartment comes bitched that I had a package that had been sitting in their office for six months. So I got the Liber Chaotica for free. There's my Amazon story.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you didn't think to call the office to see if they had a package waiting for you?

lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Not really. UPS or FedEx always left packages at my door. Packages from USPS got dropped off at the office and then the mailman would put a slip in the mailbox saying there was a package in the office.

This book was the single deviation from that formula in my entire time there.

Also I hated the old ladies who ran the office and they hated everyone. And the book itself was only $20 so it wasn't a pressing financial concern, I guess?

EDIT: Or maybe I did check with them it's been like seven years who knows anymore.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh fair enough I thought it was one of those big rear end $100 full color spread books or something

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

Oh fair enough I thought it was one of those big rear end $100 full color spread books or something

Actually, it's like $155 on Amazon nowadays. Come to think of it the main reason I got it was the price because I think it was out of print then too.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

blugu64 posted:

You're thinking of Robin Williams.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

blugu64 posted:

you're thinking of hank hill

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
amazon i counted on your two day shipping now your telling me next tuesday and i got to go out to the store and buy the thing i needed tomorrow which i will have two of now

it is handy to have two of something in case one breaks

thanks!

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
I hate ordering from Amazon anymore. The last time I only bought from them because I had a gift card. Two books, one of which was a particularly nice hardcover book. When it arrived, the packaging was terrible, if it can even be called that. Giant box which was ripped, a few pieces of crumpled brown paper, of course both books were badly dented and damaged.

They were nice and send me copies of the books in better packaging the next time with an agreement to send the damaged copies back. Which was cool I guess, but I was definitely annoyed with having to spend an hour on the phone with customer service and then having to go somewhere else to print out a return label because they couldn't be bothered to send me one when I specifically asked them to send me a return label since I don't have a printer.

Amazon used to pack things really well but they just don't at all anymore.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

i think you should email the author of the book and tell him the story and then post the correspondence in this thread

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
scanner? just take a picture of poo poo with your phone.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I think Amazon has secretly discovered teleportation technology.

Recently I've been offered the option of FREE same day shipping.
So I ordered the item at noon and it was sitting on my porch at 5pm.
How do they possibly have the resources to do that?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ghlbtsk posted:

I think Amazon has secretly discovered teleportation technology.

Recently I've been offered the option of FREE same day shipping.
So I ordered the item at noon and it was sitting on my porch at 5pm.
How do they possibly have the resources to do that?

You probably live near a distribution center and also they've focusing on growth (fueled in large part by continued capital investment) vs profit which means they very well might not have the resources to do it profitably but they want your business anyway.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

They deliver on Sundays via usps, which is nice.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I get used poo poo all the time. Chaps my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i get all my clams from clamazon

• Locked thread