Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mdm posted:

so a meaningless platitude?

i don't care what you think of it, just pointing out that unless people are specifically citing the first amendment to the US bill of rights they're probably not confused and are instead talking about a different thing when they say they think private platforms should not restrict communication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Justin Tyme posted:

when they ban right wing shitlords it's okay because his opinions are just icky rotten and twitter is a private company

when twitter and facebook collude with foreign governments to suppress dissenting opinions that's just terrible and an affront to our western ideals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

gently caress you shitlibs you can't have it both ways

:qqsay:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Justin Tyme posted:

when they ban right wing shitlords it's okay because his opinions are just icky rotten and twitter is a private company

when twitter and facebook collude with foreign governments to suppress dissenting opinions that's just terrible and an affront to our western ideals!

twitter and facebook would otherwise be banned in those countries. clearly the multinational's role in global capitalism is the root of the evil.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Justin Tyme posted:

I dunno hilary clinton, democratic nominee for president, kind of proved they can

what do you mean donald trump is neck and neck??? THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
milo can ride a dick all the way back to the black parade, geezy pete, that boy bleached the sense out his head.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Buca di Bepis posted:

i don't care what you think of it, just pointing out that unless people are specifically citing the first amendment to the US bill of rights they're probably not confused and are instead talking about a different thing when they say they think private platforms should not restrict communication

Those people are dumb as gently caress so why should we give a poo poo what they're talking about?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

tell me more about this thing that definitely happened

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

this is a good article, actually read it even though too many words

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Buca di Bepis posted:

I'd place a wager that the same person who thinks private platforms should not restrict communication would probably get a bit miffed if someone painted some graffiti on their property [spoilers]unless it's banksy because that might be worth money[/spoiler]

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't read all that but basically someone is being a poo poo head and the world doesn't wanna hear it?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
This is what social media does to people that can't handle it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hmm, should i buy a gun to prepare myself for those who will doxx me?

man cyberwarfare owns

i wanna be like up there with a crack squad of cyber police with a sassy AI mom-leader who sends us out on anti-doxxing missions

but like saturday morning cartoon vibe yanno

h*ck ya thatd own bones

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Milo is a Professional Massive Piece of poo poo and I want him to die but I worry about the standard of banning people who say things you don't like if that's all this boils down to

also feeding the Big Obvious Troll JFC is this your first day on the internet Twitter people what the heck

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

numberoneposter posted:

GBS and Storm Front are the last bastions of REAL freedom on the Internet.

im sure this was posted but even stormfront has rules against racial slurs and will ban you for them

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Monkey Fracas posted:

Milo is a Professional Massive Piece of poo poo and I want him to die but I worry about the standard of banning people who say things you don't like if that's all this boils down to

RED PILL MRA GAMERGATER LOLOLOLOL

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Stinky_Pete posted:

tell me more about this thing that definitely happened

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...c612_story.html

quote:

German authorities, meanwhile, have reached a deal with Facebook, Google and Twitter to get tougher on offensive content, with the outlets agreeing to apply domestic laws, rather than their own corporate policies, to reviews of posts.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
In the end, no matter how much I think free speech is good and cool, I have to ask myself, "Is defending a conservative troll who got banned from lovely social media for comparing a black woman to a monkey the hill I want to die upon?"

Hmmm...

*carefully studies tome of ancient wisdom*

No.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

im sure this was posted but even stormfront has rules against racial slurs and will ban you for them

so gbs is worse than stormfront? wow

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

blarzgh posted:

red pill viewing only:
Annalee Newitz

Like elected officials and celebrities

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i dont know anything about this milo guy outside the fact that i see him worshipped by 4channers and always prefix "BASED" before his name so that's a big strike.

i saw a picture of him and he looks like a person i would hate, so im glad this happened

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

He obviously meant in the real world, i.e. America.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hey Twitter followers just letting ya know I'm eating breakfast right now also I'm voting for Trump and I hate Islamic gays #PoopEmoji

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I support any basis for banning Milo from Twitter or anywhere else. He deserves to be shut up permanently.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

This all seems like natural reactionary instinct to a global nationalist surge. Censoring people isn't going to stop it.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
#GBSHatesGays

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Adventure Pigeon posted:

In the end, no matter how much I think free speech is good and cool, I have to ask myself, "Is defending a conservative troll who got banned from lovely social media for comparing a black woman to a monkey the hill I want to die upon?"

Hmmm...

No.

cool dude tell it to the ACLU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

fart

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

#GBSHatesGays

but saying im gay is censored now????

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Justin Tyme posted:

This all seems like natural reactionary instinct to a global nationalist surge. Censoring people isn't going to stop it.

That's not a reason not to do it anyway.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
nobody should be allowed to say that their gay

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
lowtax already provides a safe space its called D&D

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lastgirl posted:

see what I mean???

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Who What Now posted:

That's not a reason not to do it anyway.

I get the feeling it'll only rile them up more

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Lastgirl posted:

Get cuck 'ed

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Oh I didn't realize you meant obeying laws in other countries, I thought you were referring to the fake thing

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Uncle Wemus posted:

I get the feeling it'll only rile them up more

I can assure you that they are constantly at maximum riled-ness so that's not a concern.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I'm so pumped I'm so stoked I'm so riled right now

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I wish someone would compare me to Harambe.

He was a noble, majestic creature.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Hmmm...

No.

personally I'm giving in to my base desires on this one and saying he should also be slowly fed into a big meat grinder while trying to get off one last Mega Sick Lib Burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I want to be compared to the crocodile who ate that kid in Florida

• Locked thread