Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've never in my life seen anyone do this. Everyone at bars is always talking to their friends, and if they're on a date it's someone they met online (or at work or in a meetup or w/e) and agreed to see there ahead of time.

Now, gay bars are a different thing, true. But aside from that... all of this makes me wonder if goons who talk about other people doing this (not them of course, they're at home masturbating) even know what they're talking about, or ever go outside.

Share stories of this changing societal trend GBS, proving me right or wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:firstpost:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ya OP its where people go to socialize. Which is step 1 on the journey to pound town.

Ask your mom OP!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
yes

naem
May 29, 2011

Shopping and sex are all just phone swipes now here in the grimdark future

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
You go to the seedy bars to get in good with the bartender. Then ask if they know anyone that can hook you up with weed.

naem
May 29, 2011

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chinatown posted:

Ya OP its where people go to socialize. Which is step 1 on the journey to pound town.

Ask your mom OP!

but op's mom is from a different era. of course taking her to pound town could be, (and often is) facilitated by an encounter as strangers at a bar. However, I believe the OP is speaking in reference to his contemporaries. Do they still view bars as a place to search for pound-townage?

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

5 years ago i did but it was only cocktail waitresses and i went through them like they were belt-fed to me but now i am en-GAY-ged and life sucks poo poo

stay forever unfettered y'all

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

people enjoy beer and sex

are you retarded or something

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Real talk? Sometimes the one you bring home from bars will understand your....

Other time, it's just a thing to get a nut off, regardless of which sex I mean.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 21, 2016

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wicker Man posted:

You go to the seedy bars to get in good with the bartender. Then ask if they know anyone that can hook you up with weed.

jesus christ

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

hth posted:

people enjoy beer and sex

are you retarded or something

...well yes, i am retarded. that is true.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Enfield posted:

jesus christ

as a former (?) bouncer at a seedy bar how do you really feel about this post

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

hth posted:

as a former (?) bouncer at a seedy bar how do you really feel about this post

i think im going to poo poo my pants

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
brb

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
people trying to get laid at bars are really annoying

so to answer your Q, OP, I think it's "yes" but I don't think they succeed in most cases.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

He will be back, he always comes back. *checks watch, looks out window*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smash it Smash hit posted:

He will be back, he always comes back. *checks watch, looks out window*

*single tear*

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sitting Here posted:

people trying to get laid at bars are really annoying

so to answer your Q, OP, I think it's "yes" but I don't think they succeed in most cases.

The trick is....

Christ....

To not care until last call.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

i've gone to a bar with a girl and then later on got laid but it's not like i picked her up there, i knew her previously

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
My uncle spends a couple hundred dollars at the Applebees bar buying women drinks several times a week until he either gets laid or thrown out (usually thrown out). I think you're at a pretty low point in your life if you're hitting up Applebees for women but it works, sometimes.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Think of all the money he is saving on half off appetizers though

Shizmo
Feb 2, 2010

JUICED TO THE GILLS
In philly bars are a place for fist fights which I guess is the same as sex here. That solve your problem op?

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Junkiebev posted:

5 years ago i did but it was only cocktail waitresses and i went through them like they were belt-fed to me but now i am en-GAY-ged and life sucks poo poo

stay forever unfettered y'all

This guy is awesome. I want me some belt-fed cocktail waitresses!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
everyone is having sex with each other except for you op

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

Gaunab posted:

everyone is having sex with each other except for you op

Shh, don't tell him! We'll talk about it when we meet up to talk about new ways to make fun of him behind his back.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Many moons ago I bought a girl a drink at a bar and had the bartender send it over to her and let her know it was I who bought it for her

She came over to me and started talking and then eventually I took her home and hosed her

So to answer your question, you're gay.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
it's 50 cent drink night here who gives gently caress about box when I can get a buzz going for only about $18

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Yeah but it's REAL pathetic. You'd be astounded what passes for game these days.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The way to get laid at the bar is to go by yourself. Your friends will gently caress you up just by being there and monopolizing your attention if not outright cockblocking you. Go alone on a weekday and talk to other people at the bar. You would be surprised how well this works.

naem
May 29, 2011

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

*clicks like button on unknown app screenshot*

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

:eyepop:

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

natetimm posted:

The way to get laid at the bar is to go by yourself. Your friends will gently caress you up just by being there and monopolizing your attention if not outright cockblocking you. Go alone on a weekday and talk to other people at the bar. You would be surprised how well this works.

True, if you go on a Tuesday afternoon you can pick up the women who screw for drinks like a Bukowski novel.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Don't know never tried. :shrug:

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

dethkon posted:

This guy is awesome. I want me some belt-fed cocktail waitresses!

Grass fed, free range

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it seems to me that being gay offers every possible advantage

easier to get laid, you can share clothes, your boyfriend can carry more weight if you move, don't need to take up valuable medicine cabinet space with frivolous feminine products, more life experience in common, less likely to have other guys hit on your boyfriend, 100% of people in the house are competent to open jars, you could get a work-out buddy with a complimentary routine, probably shorter conversations, all set for two-on-two pickup basketball games any time any where, you're better able to protect yourselves against home invaders, everyone is equally responsible for killing spiders

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

dethkon posted:

True, if you go on a Tuesday afternoon you can pick up the women who screw for drinks like a Bukowski novel.
ha ha, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hit people up on tinder, then ask them out and go to bar

That way, you can get well and proper wasted before you move on, to loving. See I need the alcohol to defuse my crippling anxiety anyway and meeting up at a bar is a good excuse to down some hard drinks so you can power up and gain some fake confidence

protip

• Locked thread