Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i feel like the whole point of a straight girl going to a gay bar is to get away from straight guys

i dont know why you'd think that trying to pick up girls there would be a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

i dont know why you'd think that trying to pick up girls there would be a good idea

Well, they are lighter then guys, on average.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

you should see the collection of girls i've picked up on tinder that i'll never talk to

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

When did gay started to exclusively mean homosexual male??

It didn't.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I guess I mean as a woman I can go into most gay bars and its mostly male. And a decent chunk of girls, they are dancing to be away from straight dudes. I dunno. I guess I mean I find very little percentage of gay leaning woman at gay bars.

And I say this as a person who as gone with other bisexual women. Like if its just me, yeah I could be uggo, but others also find that to be true.

Maybe we are all uggos. :ninja:

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
I've gone out to bars roughly 500 times since I turned twenty one, and excluding OkCupid dates, I've never gotten laid as a result of going out, although I did once turn down bar sex with a girl who didn't meet my fairly minimal standards. When I was in college, I had sex with random girls at parties a grand total of... three times, which, while not a good batting average, was infinitely more efficient than random bar-hopping.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i only really got approached once at a bar but i was already pretty drunk and this girl came up with her ugly friend and was like "hey maybe you should buy both of us a drink"

i told them "LOL ITS 2AM IM CASHING OUT NICE TRY" and peaced the gently caress out

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Business Gorillas posted:

i feel like the whole point of a straight girl going to a gay bar is to get away from straight guys

People think it's like some insider one weird trick that women can't resist. I mean they are willingly hanging out with queers, they must be a good open-minded guy right? Maybe at one point it even worked that way but now it's well known that straight people use gay bars exclusively to pick up straight women. It's very transparent and it's only going to work if you're attractive enough to make up for it or if the girl is incredibly drunk/desperate.

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Murphy Brownback posted:

People think it's like some insider one weird trick that women can't resist.

Its Fireball

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I've gone out to bars roughly 500 times since I turned twenty one, and excluding OkCupid dates, I've never gotten laid as a result of going out, although I did once turn down bar sex with a girl who didn't meet my fairly minimal standards. When I was in college, I had sex with random girls at parties a grand total of... three times, which, while not a good batting average, was infinitely more efficient than random bar-hopping.

But did you go clubbing and have lots of sex like the rest of us? (Mostly drunk/high half sex then passing out)

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I hate going to a gay bar and expecting that the gay ladies wont be there. When did gay started to exclusively mean homosexual male??

lesbians take the blame for that actually

they fought hard to have a different name and a different letter back in the 70s, because they didn't want to be lumped in with those disgusting men. but they're just gay women. lady-gays, as I like to call them. gayelles. so there are lesbian bars now, separate from gay bars, where you can indulge the gay side of your female needs.

there's one right near me actually. it's pretty cool.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Zorodius posted:

Everyone is equally responsible for killing spiders

Late to the party but this is some bullshit right here

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Short answer: yes
Long answer: :pervert:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can I go to a lesbian gay homosexual woman bar as a man and just chill out, in order to avoid the hordes of women who keep trying to hit on me in regular bars?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

ElGroucho posted:

Pro tip, OP: shower, shave, dress nicely, go to a bar and drink and think

If you are lucky, some nice lady may sit next to you and strike up a conversation. If you are extra lucky, you'll be left alone and get to drink and think.

jumped ahead from page 2 just to say how much i loving appreciate this post

Zorodius posted:

it seems to me that being gay offers every possible advantage

easier to get laid, you can share clothes, your boyfriend can carry more weight if you move, don't need to take up valuable medicine cabinet space with frivolous feminine products, more life experience in common, less likely to have other guys hit on your boyfriend, 100% of people in the house are competent to open jars, you could get a work-out buddy with a complimentary routine, probably shorter conversations, all set for two-on-two pickup basketball games any time any where, you're better able to protect yourselves against home invaders, everyone is equally responsible for killing spiders

also all of this is true, especially the clothes thing and the feminine products thing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
plus you get to hammer a dude in the rear end and jerk him off at the same time

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Zzulu posted:

Can I go to a lesbian gay homosexual woman bar as a man and just chill out, in order to avoid the hordes of women who keep trying to hit on me in regular bars?

straight people should not go to gay bars (women included). go to gay friendly bars instead. its a small but not insignificant difference

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Zzulu posted:

plus you get to hammer a dude in the rear end and jerk him off at the same time

oh yeh that too

but they dont have boobs so dunno its a constant mindfuck and no im not resorting to banging fat doods

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

one weird trick lesbians hate!

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

notZaar posted:

It (tinder) doesn't work for goons though.

The poverty ghost easily has us beat :smith:

Murphy Brownback posted:

it's only going to work if you're attractive enough to make up for it or if the girl is incredibly drunk/desperate.
As opposed to the times where this isn't required?

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

But did you go clubbing and have lots of sex like the rest of us? (Mostly drunk/high half sex then passing out)

The only consistent, repeatable way to get lots of sex with different girls without paying them money that I have found is online dating, with a close second being the thing where you dance to a bunch of electronic music in a dark room and do E/molly/whatever the gently caress people are calling it these days, but that has the downside of making you feel you like you're in love with a total random stranger for a week.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
im so horny it hurts

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

The Biscuit posted:

As opposed to the times where this isn't required?

You've got a point, but I feel like intentionally going to a place with less competition and women who aren't as on-guard is kind of sad and is/should be an additional strike against you on top of the normal things women assume about you when you're at a bar by yourself.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

The only consistent, repeatable way to get lots of sex with different girls without paying them money that I have found is online dating, with a close second being the thing where you dance to a bunch of electronic music in a dark room and do E/molly/whatever the gently caress people are calling it these days, but that has the downside of making you feel you like you're in love with a total random stranger for a week.

It's true, if you had absolutely no standards you could get some serious action online

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Whole Internet posted:

I've never in my life seen anyone do this. Everyone at bars is always talking to their friends, and if they're on a date it's someone they met online (or at work or in a meetup or w/e) and agreed to see there ahead of time.

Now, gay bars are a different thing, true. But aside from that... all of this makes me wonder if goons who talk about other people doing this (not them of course, they're at home masturbating) even know what they're talking about, or ever go outside.

Share stories of this changing societal trend GBS, proving me right or wrong.

tinder -> bar -> netflix and chill -> gently caress

its not complicated you idiot

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Robo Reagan posted:

tinder -> bar -> netflix and chill -> gently caress

its not complicated you idiot

robo reagan how do you come in for landing

like a hand on a thigh or are you a cuddler or do you just lunge for her

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's safe to assume theyre about to pass out on drugs before he loads them into the trunk of his car

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I spent ~$2800 in the last 30 days going out(solely on drinks)95% of which was for me. The trick is to have service industry friends and work in IT. Oh, and to be a functional alcoholic. That said, going to bars can definitely still get you laid.

lmfao

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Flunitrazepam

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Drunk & Ugly posted:

The trick is to have service industry friends and work in IT.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I went to my local bartender and offered to set up his NAS with a DDNS, but he told me to gently caress off, I think I am doing this IT thing wrong. Maybe I need the service industry friends???

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

walk around like bruce willis at the start of die hard 3 with a sandwich board that say "I EAT UNWASHED RANDOM PUSSY"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
do you all also swipe right on badically everyone on tinder just to see how many likes ull get

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

walk around like bruce willis at the start of die hard 3 with a sandwich board that say "I EAT UNWASHED RANDOM PUSSY"

Well jeez you don't want to wash all the flavor off. :shrug:

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

The Wizard of Poz posted:

jumped ahead from page 2 just to say how much i loving appreciate this post

also all of this is true, especially the clothes thing and the feminine products thing

What about the less likely to have other guys hit on your boyfriend thing? Is that true?

The Wizard of Poz posted:

straight people should not go to gay bars (women included). go to gay friendly bars instead. its a small but not insignificant difference

What about when I'm out with my gay friends, and they want to go to a gay bar? Should I tell them sorry, but The Wizard of Poz says I shouldn't go there?

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

skander posted:

What about the less likely to have other guys hit on your boyfriend thing? Is that true?

What about when I'm out with my gay friends, and they want to go to a gay bar? Should I tell them sorry, but The Wizard of Poz says I shouldn't go there?

You may go to a separate, but equal, drinking establishment. The bars must remain segregated.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My friends and I were at a lesbian bar because we heard it had good drinks. One of us ordered an AMF (look we were all around 21) and they got all offended saying that drink was antisemitic.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pope Mobile posted:

My friends and I were at a lesbian bar because we heard it had good drinks. One of us ordered an AMF (look we were all around 21) and they got all offended saying that drink was antisemitic.

Is an AMF an adios motherfucker? :wtc:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ElGroucho posted:

Is an AMF an adios motherfucker? :wtc:

Wow, you anti-semitic gently caress. Mods??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm so confused

Did Himmler invent this drink, or is it Wagner's drink of choice or what

• Locked thread