Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of this opinion?
No you are wrong. Evil is good.
Correct
Correct except we SHOULD nuke it
Fats don't deserve to have opinions
View Results

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Gammatron 64 posted:

I grew up in an Italian and Irish Catholic family and to this date I still kind of dislike White Anglo-Saxon Protestants. This is helped by the fact that I live down south and down here they're mostly evangelical southern Baptist loonies. I think the Catholic Church has a terrible hosed up history and Martin Luther had some valid complaints, but this is the modern day and I think megachurch cults are way worse than the papacy. Catholics are the lesser of two evils in my book

Can't trust anglos. Not jokin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
they're gonna have to star importing priests from poor countries lol
When's the next African pope coming out?

Gaunab posted:

could someone explain how saints don't violate the 10 commandments; i don't know any catholics

you don't pray to the saints, you just ask them to pray for you. Like "hey bro mom's sick send some good vibes for me thanks"
just because you're dead doesn't mean you're not part of the church anymore

FizFashizzle posted:

former catholic school student current alcoholic checking in

quote this to assuage your catholic guilt

same but I never felt guilt

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SniperWoreConverse posted:

they're gonna have to star importing priests from poor countries lol
When's the next African pope coming out?

They tested this out in Ireland, and it failed big time.
They brought in young priests from Africa and South America, and the irish public didn't like them.
Attendances went down, the racists outright complained about not being able to understand them, etc.

I can see female priests in the Catholic Church within the next 50 years.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

happyhippy posted:

They tested this out in Ireland, and it failed big time.
They brought in young priests from Africa and South America, and the irish public didn't like them.
Attendances went down, the racists outright complained about not being able to understand them, etc.

Should have stuck to Latin.

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.
There are already tons of African Catholic priests in the US and parishioners seem to like them ok :shrug:

Wooded Zacynthus
Mar 15, 2015

I read Wheat that Springeth Green by J.F. Powers and now I approve of the church even more.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

B. Birdsworth posted:

There are already tons of African Catholic priests in the US and parishioners seem to like them ok :shrug:
Eh they're a little too fire and brimstone ultraconservative for my tastes.

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!
The pope threw a pizza party for a bunch of hobos:

http://time.com/4478881/pope-francis-pizza-mother-teresa/

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Ellen DeGenerates posted:

I read Wheat that Springeth Green by J.F. Powers and now I approve of the church even more.

Solid. If you liked that try Mort D'Urban.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I'm going to develop a CRISPR/Cas9 system and guide RNA template to delete the Original Sin gene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

happyhippy posted:

I can see female priests in the Catholic Church within the next 50 years.

I'm down. Priest(esse)s shouldn't have to take vows of chastity either.

• Locked thread