Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of this opinion?
No you are wrong. Evil is good.
Correct
Correct except we SHOULD nuke it
Fats don't deserve to have opinions
View Results

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

WELCOME TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!

I love the original caption on this btw. "Just the pope hanging out in front of a statue of Jesus." :shrug:

Some papal sculptor just utterly nailed the soul of Pius XII in this sculpture. Note the complete lack of one.

Anyway we all know about every single catholic priest's devotion to little boys but that's just the tip of the iceburg. Pick a century and I'll give you horrors to melt your loving brain. The whole mess is one giant pile of atrocities and utter smallmindedness/selfishness going back nearly 2000 loving years. The vatican should be carefully sacked (too much hidden history in there for a nuke unfortunately) and all remaining non-monastic clergy monitored, merely as a housekeeping measure for the good of all mankind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Catholics are Okay in my book. They keep the poors from uprising.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The Catholics are Okay in my book. They keep the poors from uprising.

To be fair I would be an evil overlord if given the power to do so. It would be for your own good. I just don't like when OTHER people do it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Mental Disorder.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i came here for the jesus alcohol

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I came here to keep the jews out

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Iron Prince posted:

This is the catholic church thread. We have plenty of it. Would you care for a boy and some grapes with your jesuswine?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
yes

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
They're openly cannibals. I mean, they think they're literally eating the body and drinking they blood of Christ, for Christ's sake!
Some real Pagan Druid poo poo right there!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Iron Prince posted:

I guess you didn't hear, but when Michael Jackson died he took the recipe for Jesus Juice with him.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

The Catholics I've met have been an odd bunch. Their intricate knowledge of one of the most complex and prohibitive moral codes of any Christian sect has been exceeded only by their indifference about following it to even the slightest degree.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
thank you for the checkbox poll, gonna vote :five: I checked them all!

Altair Knight
Jun 1, 2006

Aw your hate crusade. lol

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

The Tao Jones posted:

The Catholics I've met have been an odd bunch. Their intricate knowledge of one of the most complex and prohibitive moral codes of any Christian sect has been exceeded only by their indifference about following it to even the slightest degree.

Hahahaha. I don't blame the laity though. There is a human need to believe. It tickles brainparts. They've just been duped. The evil is in Rome. Those are the people who have been cynically manipulating generations for their own profit. Those are the ones most responsible for shielding pedophiles from justice. It is them who inherited the responsibility for the genocides and inquisitions and robber-popes.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
:eyepop:

THIS THREAD JUST GOT REAL

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
serial papist checking in

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Good to see you all having interest in the one true church.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Altair Knight posted:

Aw your hate crusade. lol

I think they stink and I made thred about it. Feel free to gently caress around like everyone else is doing, or not! :)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
they (humans) should probably burn the pope alive, imho

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Sounds like some real papal bull to me!

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
robber-pope is a great hyphenated word

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Chinatown posted:

they (humans) should probably burn the pope alive, imho

I think the current pope is kinda cool though? He's complict sure but as far as I'm aware he hasn't been accused of skullfucking any children and he's actually kinda trying to unfuck the poor, which goes to show that anything truly can happen. Be warned you might one day accidentally fart out a unicorn.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

mdm posted:

robber-pope is a great hyphenated word

I'm almost sure the german unhyphenated form sounds cooler but I am too lazy to google it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I didn't know that Jack Chick had an account here.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Ex caTHEdra, wouldn't wanna BE ya!

*skates away popishly*

naem
May 29, 2011

They have the absolute best artwork, like all of it

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer
they built some really fuckin rad cathedrals and poo poo, if I were Dracula I would definitely squat in one and fix the place up real nice when nobody's looking

Altair Knight
Jun 1, 2006

Dads Dip Cup posted:

they built some really fuckin rad cathedrals and poo poo, if I were Dracula I would definitely squat in one and fix the place up real nice when nobody's looking

Dracula the untold story: Watch it. Also, you cant fart out a unicorn, but angels exist. http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/living/real-unicorn-remains/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nathilus posted:

He's complict sure but

burn him alive

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
true op too true

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Nm it doesn't sound good in german. It sounds like a light beer.

naem posted:

They have the absolute best artwork, like all of it

That's why I say no nukes.

Dads Dip Cup posted:

I'm not sure if they meant that poo poo to look evil, or if the notion that the architecture looks evil has developed in response to the harm wraught by the church. The end result is the same though.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah time to auction the relics.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I kinda like the pics in the OP, so I cast my vote in favour of praise the pope, burn the OP

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yeah time to auction the relics.

It BELONGS in a MUSEUM.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nathilus posted:

It BELONGS in a MUSEUM.

Aw come on how much is the pharoahs old tool kit worth these days, like realistic market value? :shrug:

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

The Tao Jones posted:

This is honestly why I like Catholics more than protestants. gently caress at least they're human.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Sekenr posted:

I kinda like the pics in the OP, so I cast my vote in favour of praise the pope, burn the OP

A great thing about hating catholics in texas: I'm armed and so are three neighbors within easy screaming my rear end off distance, and we all tight enough that they will come out shooting. Go ahead. Do an inquisition on me. TRY ME.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I was Never Confirmed.

Nice Guy Patron fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jul 21, 2016

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

can we nuke something already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altair Knight
Jun 1, 2006

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

can we nuke something already?

No. Jesus doesn't like nukes. Satan tried nukes. Jesus got a statue resurrecting out of one. Nuke failed. The untold story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2zWEM-9Vq8

Altair Knight fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 21, 2016

• Locked thread