Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of this opinion?
No you are wrong. Evil is good.
Correct
Correct except we SHOULD nuke it
Fats don't deserve to have opinions
View Results

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
serial papist checking in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Tao Jones posted:

Ex caTHEdra, wouldn't wanna BE ya!

*skates away popishly*

:vince:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
also catholic friendos: here is a helpful guide from our friends at wikihow on coping in this dark time

http://www.wikihow.com/Handle-Anti-Catholic-Persecution

my only regret is that there are no hilarious drawings to accompany it :sigh:

edit: but there are in this "related" (?) article: http://www.wikihow.com/Apply-for-USPS-Jobs

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 21, 2016

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Sekenr posted:

Well, thats the thing about Duomo Cathedral of Milan. It's really pretty outside especially sunset, but so dark inside you can barely see anything. Real buzzkill.

cathedrals are often really pretty outside but not so much inside, or vice-versa

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
that said milan's duomo is the inferior duomo :argh:

florence says: suck my goddam bells

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Sekenr posted:

This is a relly simplistic lazy duomo. Look how this motherfucker reaches for heavens

simplistic my rear end; santa maria del fiore was the largest free-standing dome constructed in christendom since the goddam hagia sophia in constantinople; it is basically a symbol of the renaissance and that took insane amounts of medieval tech

read Brunelleschi's Dome, motherfucker, and realize how wrong you are

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
the dome so nice they built it twice

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
meanwhile, in Milan:

just replace "cores" with "spires" :smug:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nathilus posted:

I'll grant you that megachurches are godawful and even the southern baptists at large have major issues. Catholicism doesn't have a monopoly on evil. What it does have is a structural corruption that none of the protestant churches can even hold a candle to. Evangelicals are crazy but they aren't covering up a worldwide pedophilia ring. Hell even scientologists can't indoctrinate, murder, and gently caress with peoples' lives fast enough to keep up, if only because there aren't enough of them.

it's a good drat thing that the church has a 100% monopoly on pedophiles and we've never seen any other old white men, ever, be found guilty of it or found examples of their powerful friends systematically using their power and influence to cover up for them

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
saville and sandusky? who're they? never heard of them

shut up about hollywood, elijah wood, you're just crazy

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

InterFaced posted:

I was. It sucked.

E: of course they don't wait till your actually an adult. I think I was like 13. Prime rape age I guess.

what's your confirmation name, bro

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
baptism? It's not totally unusual for catholics to get baptised as children instead of just as babies, especially if your family converts after your birth

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

walgreenslatino posted:

On the scale of insane preoccupations of mentally ill paranoiacs, it goes NWO --> Jews --> Reptillians --> the church

you've got it all hosed up, the COC is reptilians > NWO > Jews > the Church

I'm going to have to report this to my superiors in Tel Aviv

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

FizFashizzle posted:

former catholic school student current alcoholic checking in

quote this to assuage your catholic guilt

I said it before and I'll say it again: catholic schools are atheist factories

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That's okay, I'll just mentally transcribe it to "liturgically the temple of evil."

a littoral temple of evil would be tight as hell

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Serviette posted:

The Vatican has a monopoly on a significant portion of the world's history. They should be compelled to release it all in its entirety. Faith notwithstanding.

they just opened up some sort of online database of items in their archive, jerk

and if you think the rest of the world would handle it any better I've got some bad news about the state of the archival profession to let you in on

edit: here it is, I think: http://opac.vatlib.it/iguana/www.main.cls?sUrl=homeMSS&language=eng

edit 2: that's just manuscripts, this looks to be the root directory: https://www.vatlib.it/home.php?ling=eng

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 24, 2016

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I can't wait until the growing Hispanic population in the US flips the bit on hating Catholics and makes it more politically explosive than homophobia :twisted:

I'm using this thread to blow up your presidential run in 2070, nathilus, so don't even think about it

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

hemophilia posted:

I've thought about going through the trouble of becoming catholic, but what is the path to conversion like? I have real faith but my exposure to protestantism makes me sick and pope francis is a paragon right up there with how i define a good exercise of faith. the jesuits are something that just don't have a parallel in the american protestant world, nobody in these churches places any value on knowledge

if it were me I suppose I'd go to mass, not take the eucharist, but try and catch the priest before he leaves and ask him

this may be tricky due to the priest shortage and the fact he's probably got like a half-dozen churches to go to so let the air out of his tires first

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Kharohz posted:

Hi I am married to an active catholic, I hate my life, also I'm atheist. Help!

what's his name

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

VectorSigma posted:

hmm, temple of evil, eh?

ok i guess maybe a little evil

ok maybe i didn't think this through

alright evil it is

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEAAAAHHHH

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Ceciltron posted:

I want more memento mori incorporated into sacred art and architecture

me 2

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Zippy the Bummer posted:

That is god drat BAD rear end as gently caress

BEST RELIGION

:yeah:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm rock hard

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Funky See Funky Do posted:

God dammit why can't modern men's fashion be all about jewel encrusted breastplates? Suits suck!

:yeah:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
dirka dirka atheist jihad m'lady

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

tripping and falling on his rear end was divinely ordained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Ceciltron posted:

Warhammer 40k has floating skulls that sing hymns and shoot lasers. We need those for the modern church.

:yeah: :hb:

• Locked thread