Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Drugs and depression are vital to creative genius. If you can function at all in daily life you will never be important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
Once dead.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I agree, I love Nickelback.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
im the guy from Hinder

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Isaac posted:

im the guy from Hinder
That's the German guy, right??

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
Nirvana sucks hth

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't realize he had a solo career. :shrug:

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
who

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

checks out

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Just lol if you haven't been obsessed with a dead guy for 20 years.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont know anything about music either

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

best musician of century is sad brains white dude checks out

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm just amazed people are still buzzing about Nirvana like it's their first time hearing them as if they magically avoided hearing them ad nauseam on every rock, alternative rock, and classic rock station for the past twenty plus years.

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I dont ubdertand what he sayd

Khorne
May 1, 2002

frogge posted:

I'm just amazed people are still buzzing about Nirvana like it's their first time hearing them as if they magically avoided hearing them ad nauseam on every rock, alternative rock, and classic rock station for the past twenty plus years.
Around 30% of the population of the US isn't even 20.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Burt Cocaine was a drug addict who was killed by his wife who paid somebody to do it.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I occasionally enjoy the music made by the band Nirvana.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, cool fuckin band.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Khorne posted:

Around 30% of the population of the US isn't even 20.

Kurt was right to kill himself before becoming culturally irrelevant.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think we were all like yeah so the world is gonna be 2000 years old and everyone knows that's some old bullshit. :smith:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

frogge posted:

Kurt was right to kill himself before becoming culturally irrelevant.

He didnt kill himself.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Proof? The only person I've seen seriously say that was a tinfoil hat wearing burnout on public access.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
i like that one song that goes yeeeeaaahhh rooster aw yeaah

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

amityville anus posted:

He didnt kill himself.

Literally the only conspiracy theory I ever put stock into. I seem to recall a documentary that was impressionable to dumb kids.

Also a good pet name is Boddah, Cobain's imaginary friend.

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jul 21, 2016

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Nirvana loving sucks.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Greatest musician of all time is John Shore. After blowing his face out playing trumpet for the King of England he went on to invent the tuning fork.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Any musicians that kill themselves are probably great because that is the wisest thing one can do and shows they truly understand existence.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Vastarien posted:

i like that one song that goes yeeeeaaahhh rooster aw yeaah

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
layne staley killed himself as well but no-one noticed for a while

cnut
May 3, 2016

Lemmy was better :colbert:

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Nirvana is drifting into 'Queen' territory. As in generally recognized as good but seen as being loved by old people. Congratulations on your Dadrock, OP. :nsa:

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Erostratus posted:

Drugs and depression are vital to creative genius. If you can function at all in daily life you will never be important.

oh thank god im gonna be someone

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
did someone say john cage ???

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I liked Nirvana as a kid so it is probably gay and stupid now. Try to avoid listening to any, but at least once a year there'll be some kind of fapfest about how they were the *best thing ever* in rolling stone or on an npr thing (seriously, they are the biggest offenders) or wherever. Some okay tunes with meaningless lyrics and daubed with enough "gently caress you dad" mud to appear hip and cool and totally not mainstream, you guys.

Isaac posted:

:zombie:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i was huge nirvana fan and knew all the songs on guitar and had the book and all that

oh god its so terrible now. any musical value they possibly have is as the Dave Grohl Experience and even then he's a piece of poo poo so who cares

but yeah courtney had kurt bumped off

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
agreed

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:wom: Summoning Kurt :wom:

:allbuttons:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
The Unplugged session shortly before his death showed that Kurt had a ton of untapped potential beyond the inchoate grunge rage.

Too bad we never got to hear it since Courtney Love had him killed

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Zorodius posted:

The Unplugged session shortly before his death showed that Kurt had a ton of untapped potential beyond the inchoate grunge rage.

Too bad we never got to hear it since Courtney Love had him killed

"I did it for Love," he chortled to himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Isaac posted:

I remember years ago there was this one goon that claimed to live near a bar that Layne Staley would sometimes drag his shambling corpse-like body to and he'd just sit in a corner by himself off his tits on drugs nursing a beer for ages and never talking to anyone. Guy wasn't really alive for ages.

iirc the first time people thought he might be dead was cos his lawyer wondered why he hadn't been in touch for a couple of weeks to get drug money.

• Locked thread