Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I liked Nirvana as a kid so it is probably gay and stupid now. Try to avoid listening to any, but at least once a year there'll be some kind of fapfest about how they were the *best thing ever* in rolling stone or on an npr thing (seriously, they are the biggest offenders) or wherever. Some okay tunes with meaningless lyrics and daubed with enough "gently caress you dad" mud to appear hip and cool and totally not mainstream, you guys.

Isaac posted:

layne staley killed himself as well but no-one noticed for a while
:zombie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Quote-Unquote posted:

I remember years ago there was this one goon that claimed to live near a bar that Layne Staley would sometimes drag his shambling corpse-like body to and he'd just sit in a corner by himself off his tits on drugs nursing a beer for ages and never talking to anyone. Guy wasn't really alive for ages.

iirc the first time people thought he might be dead was cos his lawyer wondered why he hadn't been in touch for a couple of weeks to get drug money.
His story was a lot sadder than Kobain's though. He died because his absent father would drop in to his live now and again to ask his successful son for money before disappearing again. Then Staley kicked H after a long time and his dad pops in on him again and says "hey son, you're still rich right? what's say we bond over some china white?" Then dad left again and his son stopped seeing all his friends and died alone in a rathole in filthy clothes with a needle in his arm.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Quote-Unquote posted:

Didn't his fiance also OD and die or something, and then he went like crazy off the rails?
That part I don't remember, but the part that sticks out is that his bandmates and friends tried to get him to stop and he told them all to go to hell. He effectively cut everyone out of his life so he could suicide by heroin.

dsf posted:

ugh man, i cant imagine being able to kick H while having any amount of money available.
One of those drugs that made me glad I was always broke.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Hustlin Floh posted:

How did he died?
1.Converted to Buddhism
2.Sniper rifle with a long piece of twine wrapped around the trigger

Kids still find parts of his head washing up in Puget Sound.

• Locked thread