Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

I really honestly thought this was going to be an ad for movie tickets dot com. It has that air of "footage filmed not for the movie" those ads use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh sorry to break up the hate circle jerk but after watching Fury and End of Watch again the other week while nursing a hangover Im still hype.

End if watch was still funny in parts despite its serious tone and fury is just good all round despite history spergs losing their mind about the size of guns on tanks and armor thickness.

Also re the Jared Leto method acting stuff I heard Viola Davis got some package from Leto that pissed her off and she just went and banged on his trailer door and reamed him out for a good few minutes and he apologised and left her alone from then on. No idea if true or not but i like to think it is.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Also re the Jared Leto method acting stuff I heard Viola Davis got some package from Leto that pissed her off and she just went and banged on his trailer door and reamed him out for a good few minutes and he apologised and left her alone from then on. No idea if true or not but i like to think it is.

Obviously what happened here is that Viola Davis also never left character offscreen.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Pirate Jet posted:

Obviously what happened here is that Viola Davis also never left character offscreen.

You hear things like this and it makes you want to believe that everything about this is great and awesome and fun... Then you see the clips and trailers. Hahaha.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
But the clips and trailers are more great and awesome and fun than the on-set stories.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I just hope that this is better than Assault on Arkham. That was a pretty terrible movie.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't this movie supposed to come out forever ago?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

But the clips and trailers are more great and awesome and fun than the on-set stories.

this place is a loving cesspool.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Reason posted:

Wasn't this movie supposed to come out forever ago?

Nah, it has always been scheduled to come out on August 5th.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

this place is a loving cesspool.

Must I explain why the sun is in the sky? Sorry you too disliked the good movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Pirate Jet posted:

Must I explain why the sun is in the sky? Sorry you too disliked the good movie.

He's kinda just like it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

the movie is not out. the things you said look great do not thus far despite the director making good films in the past. i'm unsure why people think past success is an indicator of future success.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Groovelord Neato posted:

the movie is not out. the things you said look great do not thus far despite the director making good films in the past. i'm unsure why people think past success is an indicator of future success.

That's nice dear

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm unsure why people think past success is an indicator of future success.

A belief in concepts such as talent, skill, and taste.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

some directors only have a couple good movies in them. and the next one comes out and in a big twist it's bad. and then everything else after that is bad.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

some directors only have a couple good movies in them. and the next one comes out and in a big twist it's bad. and then everything else after that is bad.

Hence "indicator" not "guarantee."

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Nah, it has always been scheduled to come out on August 5th.

crazy when I saw the title I was like "A sequel already?" and then oh wait its the same movie.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
From a Q&A done on Friday

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/759086882676498432

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/759087993281978368

King Shark was considered for the movie but Ayer didn't feel confident about having a full CG character in the movie so he went with Croc instead. And there might be a post credits scene.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

for David, what other characters had you considered including into the Skwad that didn't quite make the cut? #AskTheSquad

quote:

considered including into the Skwad

quote:

into the Skwad

quote:

Skwad

:argh:

Also, that clip introducing Katana makes the movie look really bad. Harley's character is reduced to making Adam Sandler style "jokes" and the whole thing seems as flat as everyone says Avengers is.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Groovelord Neato posted:

You've got a point, for all we know you might still make a good post yet!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i made oner ight after that but nobody got the joke.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
There's a really lovely capture of the mid-credits scene out, FYI.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

i made oner ight after that but nobody got the joke.

Ignoring your dumb M. Night Shyamalan reference was an act of charity, my friend.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Rumor going around from some of the early screenings is that this might get the same pared-down theatrical/Ultimate Edition home release BvS did, considering there are scenes in the trailers that apparently didn't make it in. If you liked burned-face Joker pulling a grenade and going "BUH-BYE" as much as I did, bad news.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Not reading the spoiler but I'm assuming they had to cut down on Slipknot's time a lil since they realized the entire movie was basically just about him?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sir Kodiak posted:

Ignoring your dumb M. Night Shyamalan reference was an act of charity, my friend.

it was a good joke. and accurate.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And there might be a post credits scene.

Please god no.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Please god no.

It's a hand animated scene setting up a sequel to Sealed with a Kiss

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just want to point out that great directors with good track record can actually make complete poo poo movies. See: Duncan jones and Warcraft.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Just want to point out that great directors with good track record can actually make complete poo poo movies. See: Duncan jones and Warcraft.

Novel point that I'm sure is a revelation to everyone.

Also, Suicide Squad is a lot more like Sabotage and Fury than Warcraft is like Moon or Source Code, so we might use that to calibrate our expectations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I resent this film because, unlike BvS, I cannot tell just how lovely this is going to be.
There are some really good actors, the visual theme seems to be pretty consistent and it might be fairly funny.
Then again, it all looks flat, grim and probably "edgy".

I adored Blade when it came out but it knew it was really silly.
This is trying too hard to shine a spotlight on how goofy and unconventional everyone is.

I could be wrong and the movie could end up being pretty fun but I'm not betting on it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Wesley Snipes didn't. He actually method acted Blade.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I resent this film because, unlike BvS, I cannot tell just how lovely this is going to be.
There are some really good actors, the visual theme seems to be pretty consistent and it might be fairly funny.
Then again, it all looks flat, grim and probably "edgy".

This is trying too hard to shine a spotlight on how goofy and unconventional everyone is.

I could be wrong and the movie could end up being pretty fun but I'm not betting on it.

The saddest part of this post is that Marvel isn't even paying the guy. He spouts this many buzzwords for free.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Blade is almost exactly what's happening to the conservative party today and you call it silly? For shame.

Today Peter Theil, Republican and Trump supporter, says he wants to live forever on the blood of the young. This is not a joke.

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

The saddest part of this post is that Marvel isn't even paying the guy. He spouts this many buzzwords for free.

TIL Costco hasn't changed the price of its $1.50 hot dog and soda combo in 30 years.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Blade is almost exactly what's happening to the conservative party today and you call it silly? For shame.

Today Peter Theil, Republican and Trump supporter, says he wants to live forever on the blood of the young. This is not a joke.

it's not a joke and yet Jared Leto is still laughing, gotta hand it to the man, he gets in character and doesan't let go.

edit: *doesnt'

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

How do you know? ;)

Actually, I wrote that while pretty tired so it's really inarticulate. What I mean is that, while it's very easy to know what you're getting with the Avengers, Batman and Spider-Man and so on, this movie based on the trailers is a little confusing. It's like they want to make DC's Guardians of The Galaxy but only came to that decision 75% of the way through.

The Justice League trailer gives a better idea of "this is a dramatic movie but we wrote some pithy banter to lighten the mood."

I typically don't poo poo on movies until I see them, even if they have a bad reputation because I tend to have a more forgiving pallet.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Thanks for making a second post, but I still don't really know why you think they don't know what they were doing with this movie. I feel like they've kept a pretty consistent tone, and David Ayer is a great director for keeping to what he wants a movie to be.

I also think the Justice League trailer is a bad example because it is completely soaked in "OH GOD YOU LIKE THE AVENGERS NOT OUR MOVIES HERE WE CAN QUIP TOO!!!" Basically exactly what you're saying is wrong with Suicide Squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

Barudak posted:

It's a hand animated scene setting up a sequel to Sealed with a Kiss

I heard it was to setup a sequel to Seal's Kiss from a Rose.

• Locked thread