Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006

quote:

Charles Kinsey, a group therapist at a Miami-area health center, went to retrieve an autistic patient who had left the premises and wandered into the street.
He did not expect to get shot.

he survived lol

quote:

Kinsey had no reason to believe the incident would turn violent as long as he complied. “I was really more worried about him [Rinaldo] than myself,” he said.

“I was thinking as long as I have my hands up… they’re not going to shoot me.

This is what I’m thinking, they’re not going to shoot me. Wow, was I wrong.” Kinsey’s account suggests compliance would not have helped.

lol

quote:

“I’m like this right here, and when he shot me, it was so surprising,” he continued.

“I thought it was a mosquito bite, and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I’m thinking I just got shot!

And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me were, ‘I don’t know.’

http://secondnexus.com/social/black-man-shot-hands-up/?utm_content=inf_10_1164_2&tse_id=INF_16fa29d04f4511e6a541a52d0f601bf9

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
At least the cop was honest about it

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
At least they had the courtesy to take him to the hospital. Progress?

:sad:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol cop needed a better reply than that

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Did he get arrested by officer Beevis?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

and then i wave my gun like i just don't ca-ureee

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus christ "I don't know"

This are the people we pay to protect us, putrid cowards and trigger happy morons

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
lol thanks obama

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

maybe the officer jsut didnt' wanna get dabbed on

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

This is the loving police chief:

quote:

Cuevas said he does not yet know who the officer who shot Kinsey is. The officer has not been identified and is on administrative leave.

"Yeah, I have no idea who this officer is, but I know he's been placed on leave!" :downs:

Wait, "Assistant Police Chief".

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Cthulu Carl posted:

"Yeah, I have no idea who this officer is, but I know he's been placed on leave!" :downs:

yeah same thing would happen in a corporation with like 10 layers of management

the ceo of KFC prob doesn't know the clerks name who refused to serve the cops

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

Wait, "Assistant Police Chief".

To be fair, it was probably coffee time at the moment, so he was correct.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
They were there because an autistic guy had a toy truck. Thank god the cops are keeping our streets free of men and toys.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
This would be funny if it wasn't so utterly loving stupid

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Jesus, another one? This is like the third this week.

Cops shooting unarmed black people are getting to be like mass shooting rampages where there's so many I just get desensitized to the whole thing

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

reallivedinosaur posted:

Uhh but he figured it out before talking to the media...

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
That picture is pre-shooting, and in the moments of the shooting the only video anyone can find is edited out.

Video is pretty sfw. There's just some cops yelling and the dude being like hey I work at a group home I'm complying please don't shoot, and then it cuts to when they're arresting him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq-LPQin7zk

Source:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9f2_1469089605
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d6b_1469098800

This is probably on the cops, but why the hell did the idiots filming not show the whole thing? Now the talking point will be "Oh yeah I bet he stopped complying during the cut and reached in his pocket".

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

reallivedinosaur posted:

yeah same thing would happen in a corporation with like 10 layers of management

The CEO of KFC is probably in a separate loving state, as opposed to the same city.

Also, ya know one's a subsidiary of a multinational corporations and the other is a much smaller organization more akin to a small business.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

revmoo posted:

Uhh but he figured it out before talking to the media...

did he? i dont see him actually speaking publically about it at all just a memo from HR saying the person is no longer an employee - which is absolutely standard

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

funny if true

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
He probably had it coming. Blue lives matter

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
don't worry the union will step in the officers will circle the wagons, ultimately leading to a civil suit that your taxes will pay out

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

They shot the wrong guy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.
To be fair; when the black guy laid down on the ground "with his hands up" he did resemble the shape of a gun.

Maybe the cop thought he was going all Transformers [Robots in Disguise] on him.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What the gently caress is wrong with your police force America and why haven't you had major reforms yet

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lmao

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Zzulu posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with your police force America and why haven't you had major reforms yet

because we're afraid you'd stop posting due to lack of topics

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
All black people should move to iceland imo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Zzulu posted:

All black people should move to iceland imo

blob:http%3A//imgur.com/2d255168-2b22-4260-97fe-e118df69adcc
lol, owned by new imgur

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah the heck is up with new imgur

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Zzulu posted:

few more cops need to be shot first

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Zzulu posted:

it sucks imo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

It was always bad, the parts that aren't image hosting that is.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Zzulu posted:

the answer is they don't have big enough guns yet, if we keep giving them bigger guns eventually it will be too inconvenient for them to shoot people

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Zzulu posted:

Most Americans don't see anything wrong here.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
blobs and data urls and poo poo that just assume every browser has memory to waste for their lovely new slideshow

fuckin imgur come on guy

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zzulu posted:

its really bad and wants me to do tumblr reddit poo poo

and im all like, im just using you to host images, gently caress off!

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008
That doesn't look very scary. More like a six-foot penguin

A penguin huh? OK, try to imagine yourself in the Miami. You get your first look at this "six foot penguin" as you enter the streets. He moves like a slob, heavily, swaying from side to side. And you keep still, your arms held up, because you think that maybe he won't consider you a threat - he'll let you live if you don't move. But no, not the Miami Metro. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side,

[makes 'whoshing' sound]

from the other two cops you didn't even know were there. Because a law enforcement officer is a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns and he is out in force today. And he shoots at you with this...

[he produces Glock from his pocket]

A nine millimeter standard size pistol, like a gunslinger, on his right hip. He doesn't bother to shoot you in the extremities like an Euro Cop, say... no no. He shoots you here, or here

[he lightly pushes at the kid's chest with the pistol muzzle]

Or maybe maybe on your forehead, spilling your brains. The point is, you are dead before you drop. So you know, try to show a little respect.

OK.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Zombie Boat posted:

They were there because an autistic guy had a toy truck. Thank god the cops are keeping our streets free of men and toys.

I hope they start shooting bronies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Zzulu posted:

They're cowards who are armed and they don't know how to admit when they're wrong. So we'll never have reform.

• Locked thread