Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

FuhrerHat posted:

you dont think changes need to be made when guns are drawn on autistic people + their caregivers
ok dude

Quite right. Every officer should go to specific training to avoid this situation again. Made any progress yet? We need to get all of these cops into line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

FuhrerHat posted:

why isnt this case getting the most national attention?

black male with saintly job shot for literally no reason, "i dont know."

not a possible gun, not a struggle, nothing ambiguous at all

the gently caress

BLUE LIVES MATTER
~our heroes~

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Boner Zone posted:

lmao US police are hosed and getting murdered by rifles is only going to make them double down on this aggressive poo poo

like why does that cop have an assault rifle out lol

he probably thought this was another organized police attack, the black guy laying on the pavement with hands in the air and the autist with a toy truck rocking back and forth in the street was just a clever ploy to get them to let their guards down

cops need .50 cal minimum so nobody lives to say things like "I dont know" tbh

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Blistex posted:

This needs to be quoted on every page. There are a lot of cops in the US who are literally terrified of black men, and their first reaction is to pull their guns and shoot.

*a lot=equal or less than against whites*

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I had a cop pull me over last month for an expired tag. I made the mistake of reaching for the paper plainly sitting on my dashboard that was another ticket from an hour prior, I figured I wouldn't get another since it was late at night (so I couldn't renew them) and needed to make it home, since I hadn't realized that my state does registration by Birthday, and not whole month like my last State.

The officer immediately put their hand on their gun, ordered me to freeze and had 3 more cruisers with 6 more officers show up. The one cop (maybe cop 6 or 7) seemed pretty apologetic about the whole thing. If I were black I guess I'd have just been straight executed instead of some guy apologizing for the over reaction.

I did end up with $300+ in tickets though, I guess as a gently caress you from the cop that called in the entire police force because some guy moved his hand toward his steering wheel.

no you got 300+ in tickets for having expired tags

just like i did once. my tags were expired, and i got a ticket

i could make up excuses but it was because my tags were expired

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Cthulu Carl posted:

I can't the picture with the actual quote, but I once saw something that said "'Don't make any sudden moves, do what they say, and you won't be hurt' is what you tell hostages, not free citizens."

the unwritten rule to surviving police stops in America are

#1) Be White
#2) If it's a Male officer be a female (the hotter the better)
#3) Call them sir and verbally suck their dick, apologizing to them, feed into their power trip

Even then it comes down to the day they've had. If he has had a good day he might be gracious enough to bestow upon you a mere warning for your transgressions. Don't treat them with the proper respect and you might get a tazer to the throat and your only crime was that you were "Resisting Arrest" for an arrest that had no point in the first place.

If you are Black you are basically hosed. Silence can be seen as hiding something, compliance can be seen as a trick, attitude can be terms for straight execution.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
#tbt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb1WywIpUtY

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Cops are pussies, best I can figure. They shoot ppl all the time because they are constantly "afraid for their life"

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

reallivedinosaur posted:

no you got 300+ in tickets for having expired tags

just like i did once. my tags were expired, and i got a ticket

i could make up excuses but it was because my tags were expired

Or, work with me here, a reasonable person would have both noticed my out of state license since I moved here, the difference in laws between states and the fact I had already been ticketed not an hour prior to that while it was 10:00PM well after closing of any tag office?

I mean if you want to be a technical shitlord, yes in the 3 miles toward my house I moved my tags hadn't been rendered not expired.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I love all the "advice" about compliance and respect. Because, while a good idea, all that does is increase your odds of survival and is by no means a guarantee of safety.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
lots of people move and manage to get legal tags on their car

once i was lazy and i didnt renew my tags

the fine was about 300 bucks

i paid it like an adult

but then, as a white person, i dont really have an excuse not to

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i mean i could say that the hispanic looking lady cop gave me the ticket because she hates whites or hates men but that would be stupid and im not one to make excuses for my own mistakes

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
key words black man and lying :smug:

names breitbart ill be here all evening ladies and gentleman

screener? is there a trailer, i just want to do a promo

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

RedMage129 posted:

I'm morbidly curious to know how bad this is going to get. Continued escalation seems inevitable, I just want to know if we'll actually get into the dystopian future of Martial law and a fully militarized police force or whether we'll just plod along watching civilians get executed in the streets with nothing more than a hashtag as a result. Obviously, policy change isn't in the cards.

trump = rexall

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

reallivedinosaur posted:

i paid it like an adult

You really have your poo poo together, you should be in charge of the police.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

GORDON posted:

You really have your poo poo together, you should be in charge of the police.

im pretty great but being in charge of the police seems like a hassle

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Sintax posted:

Cops are pussies, best I can figure. They shoot ppl all the time because they are constantly "afraid for their life"

Someone bought me this avatar for saying that exact thing, near as I can figure.

:)

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001

Wow good find. This is the rare "screener" copy that the Police Beating Awards committee gets before it's officially released to the public.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

reallivedinosaur posted:

im pretty great but being in charge of the police seems like a hassle

The big headache would be to get them to stop shooting peeps all the time.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

there was even police brutality in the future of the future in minority report

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

why did you leave the premises op?

didnt wanna get my toy truck stolen

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Roylicious posted:

Someone bought me this avatar for saying that exact thing, near as I can figure.

:)

It's a loving cool avatar though.

My cousin in the USA keeps saying I should come visit. Fucken lol. That sounds like a hella good idea, let's play it safe and meet up in the Gaza strip instead.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
there are silos full of lawyers chomping at the bit to make their career by destroying a bad cop

my advice is to shut up and let those guys do your fighting for you

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

reallivedinosaur posted:

i paid it like an adult

The state I came from does tags by month. I.E. My February tags would be expired on March 1st.

This state does it by birthday, so a February 1st birthday makes my tags expired on February 2nd.

Not only did I not know that, I had never heard of that. No state I have ever lived in (10+) has ever had a law like that. I wasn't told that when getting my tags.

but I'm sure my justification for a ticket is what's really important in "Cops shoot Black Person Thread #45" of the week and we shouldn't be discussing how police are complete shitlords and that it's impossible they give tickets to be dicks when they are just going Rambo on the populace.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The state I came from does tags by month. I.E. My February tags would be expired on March 1st.

This state does it by birthday, so a February 1st birthday makes my tags expired on February 2nd.

Not only did I not know that, I had never heard of that. No state I have ever lived in (10+) has ever had a law like that. I wasn't told that when getting my tags.

but I'm sure my justification for a ticket is what's really important in "Cops shoot Black Person Thread #45" of the week and we shouldn't be discussing how police are complete shitlords and that it's impossible they give tickets to be dicks when they are just going Rambo on the populace.

you should have known that? takes two seconds to find out. everyone else does

you brought it up, you wanted to latch your victimhood of a ticket you deserved, to these police shootings

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
this is me being sympathetic to your sad story

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Question, what if you have an open carry permit, and the cop tells you to take your gun and put it on the ground. Comply or no?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Roylicious posted:

It just always makes me wonder why the cops always look so scared and aggressive. In the video, though you dont see the shooting, you can see the cops hiding behind things with their guns out, like there was any reason to act that way. They only escalate situations, and have no training in dealing with people other than "aim your gun and shoot frantically until your magazine is empty.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

reallivedinosaur posted:

there are silos full of lawyers chomping at the bit to make their career by destroying a bad cop

my advice is to shut up and let those guys do your fighting for you

yeah and they have so many success stories, like:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

how me a frog posted:

Question, what if you have an open carry permit, and the cop tells you to take your gun and put it on the ground. Comply or no?

It depends on whether or not you want to die for your principles.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

how me a frog posted:

50/50 chance your gonna die imo

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Dogmeat posted:

yeah and they have so many success stories, like:

and this is because?

e: police are actually litigating cases all the time

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Moola posted:

50/50 chance your gonna die imo

I am white, fair haired and have blue eyes. Does this change my odds any?

edit: What I'm saying is I'm basically Aryan Rand.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

reallivedinosaur posted:

you should have known that? takes two seconds to find out. everyone else does

you brought it up, you wanted to latch your victimhood of a ticket you deserved, to these police shootings

It's a rolling police discussion about how police are terrible, and the main point was that I am white and didn't die however if I had been black I wouldn't have just had a gun pulled on me for literally no reason I would have probably just been shot (but still had a gun pulled on me for no reason,) which is the problem (the police.)

Do you really need to sperg out about why I think I got a ticket? Do you also feel unable to drop unimportant minutiae in every aspect of your life? Are you arguing with everyone you know because they say "it's a nice morning" but it's really after 12:00 and technically afternoon?

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 21, 2016

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

Roylicious posted:

Yeah I think actually the police get a ton of funding.

Budget cut backs but increased police presence funny how that goes.

It's all mathematics

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

how me a frog posted:

live and die in dixie where we not only dont need a permit to open carry, its actually expected of us

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I visit a police hq everyday as part of my job. Yesterday was the first time in the five years I've gone that the door was locked. When I got in, I asked the (never seen before) white officer at the desk why the door was locked. He said with a completely straight face "they're coming for us"

Seems like a rational person to me. Totally the kind of person we should arm and leave unsupervised.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
/\ Holy gently caress! What city is this?

how me a frog posted:

Complying would be a bad idea if you were white. If you were black, it's pointless because you're already dead at this point.

(do this very slowly and deliberately, while narrating what you are planning on doing and while you are doing it)

-Put your hands in the air as high as you can
-Make sure the gun on your hip is visible to the cop
-Get on your knees
-Cross your legs
-Ask him to remove it from your holster, or ask him if you can wait for another officer to arrive and cover him while he takes it out himself

Hopefully during this, someone will start recording the scene with their phone and the officer will notice this and think twice about squeezing off a few rounds into your back.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
From another thread, click if u like dead dogs

http://okcfox.com/news/fox-25-investigates/police-kill-family-dog-at-childs-birthday-party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Would that I were emperor, shootings like these would result in the public hanging of the officer.
If you wield a lot of power and abuse it, you should suffer accordingly.

• Locked thread