Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
SMU QB Matt Davis also didn't start. Good thing I didn't start him.

Too bad the QB I did start poo poo the bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I didn't start Jones but I'd really like to know if he'll be back next weeek.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
What an ugly week - I definitely didn't deserve to eek out a win there. Not thrilled with my team thus far.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
so what's a "good" amount of points to be winning in a 20 person league?

other than sixty-nine, four hundred twenty, and "more than the other guy" ofc

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why did you ask a question you already knew the answer to?

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Metapod posted:

Why did you ask a question you already knew the answer to?

haha cool answer thanks my duFJCISDUCKYOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Davis Webb is on the trading block.

Looking for an elite RB and mid-level QB. Willing to trade the elite (by points) QB and a mid-level RB.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Bit of early season shaming:

Joey Freshwater has an empty roster spot and has not filled his lineup to not have a bye. He's also still carrying 4 QB's. I have my doubts that he's logged in since the draft. The WR that is on bye is out for the year.

HOTLANTA MAN still has homer pick Grayson Lambert on his bench while his TE is on bye this week. I mean, I can't blame him for going homer or for not caring about the TE, but we are rolling full shame-mode.

Ninja Bob doesn't make the shame list yet because I know he's active, but fill your lineup.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I have so logged in! I did it right after week 1 and havent since.

But I still did!

Sorry, I'll pay more attention to it. I haven't had a ton of free time to figure out Fantrax yet.

e: There, happy?

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 16, 2016

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Joey Freshwater posted:

I have so logged in! I did it right after week 1 and havent since.

But I still did!

Sorry, I'll pay more attention to it. I haven't had a ton of free time to figure out Fantrax yet.

e: There, happy?

Happier. You still have an open roster spot. You can add a player without having to drop one.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

Happier. You still have an open roster spot. You can add a player without having to drop one.

I'm leaving it open for waivers

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm leaving it open for waivers

O_o

I mean... I guess

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
If there aren't any good players in WW or FA and you know you aren't going to play any of them, what's wrong with keeping a spot open? If anything you might be able to use that spot to get a trade for two decent players for one of yours

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

kayakyakr posted:

Bit of early season shaming:

Joey Freshwater has an empty roster spot and has not filled his lineup to not have a bye. He's also still carrying 4 QB's. I have my doubts that he's logged in since the draft. The WR that is on bye is out for the year.

HOTLANTA MAN still has homer pick Grayson Lambert on his bench while his TE is on bye this week. I mean, I can't blame him for going homer or for not caring about the TE, but we are rolling full shame-mode.

Ninja Bob doesn't make the shame list yet because I know he's active, but fill your lineup.

I'm traveling, I'll fix my TE tonight but if Eason sucks poo poo, I at least have a QB2!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spintzel posted:

If there aren't any good players in WW or FA and you know you aren't going to play any of them, what's wrong with keeping a spot open? If anything you might be able to use that spot to get a trade for two decent players for one of yours

Different styles, I suppose.

If I've got an open spot, I'm scouring the markets for someone that may break out, or a matchup play for a bye week or something along those lines. Sure, you can 2 for 1, but you could also 2 for 2 and just throw whatever scrub you've picked up in there and let the other guy swap him out if he is unneeded.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm traveling, I'll fix my TE tonight but if Eason sucks poo poo, I at least have a QB2!

Yeah, no worries. I know you're active and TE's are worthless, but I was in the area, so figured might as well mention it.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Not everyone can have a Jake Butt after all

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Webbeh posted:

Not everyone can have a Jake Butt after all

:smugdog:

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

kayakyakr posted:

Hey, don't pseudo-shame me! I'm 2 and 0, the system is working! At least until all my guys get injured and my hopes crumble to dust.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Spintzel posted:

It's college fantasy football. There's always someone good on the WW. I'd be surprised if the best team made just from WW guys each week wouldn't beat over half the league. That being said as long as somebody is making sure everybody they start is playing (other than unannounced scratches goddamnit) I'm not going to give anybody any poo poo.

And if there were a 2 for 1 then you could cut and make the trade.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Cons: I started Deondre Francois instead of Ward.

Pros: FSU got annihilated in incredible fashion. :rock:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty happy that my opponents entire team is making GBS threads itself today. It's not often you face someone who starts a RB that gets -2 points.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Could somebody please tell Dalvin Cook that he's supposed to be good?

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Cons: I started Deondre Francois instead of Ward.

Pros: FSU got annihilated in incredible fashion. :rock:

FSU defense gave me a whopping 8 points :negative:

Also Freeman injured in first quarter. Not the best day of football for me

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
My replacement running back is out at the last minute with a knee injury. That would explain why he hasn't scored any points, I guess. Great.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Just want to grip that the defensive scoring parameters can suck my ball sack. No way these two performances are only 11 points apart:

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.

LeeMajors posted:

Just want to grip that the defensive scoring parameters can suck my ball sack. No way these two performances are only 11 points apart:

3 touchdowns scored by Alabama's DST.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My QB outscored my opponent. Mahomes is Ma Homie.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Nick Wilson got injured on the first loving drive. That's cool, I didn't want any points from RBs anyway. gently caress.

That said, bear down!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Baylor's WR scored 62 points so my game was pretty much lost on Friday.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Taxes posted:

3 touchdowns scored by Alabama's DST.

Still seems disproportionate (I'm biased)

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Second week in a row one of my RBs has been an unannounced scratch.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Second week in a row one of my RBs has been an unannounced scratch.

Yeah, getting info about college players is a dark nightmare.

Also, props to whoever started Brandon Dawkins, I'm an Arizona fan and I wouldn't have done it after the way we played the last two weeks.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I streamed Arizona's backup QB (playing due to Solomon injury) and he's got 80 pts at halftime to lead me to victory. Feels good.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm super unexcited to play Lamar Jackson next week without my TTU Points Machine.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

LeeMajors posted:

Alabama was boosted by the DST TDs. Florida was aided by the insanely low yardage allowed the opponent, which gives you a really high base DST score.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Also can someone beat yak plz thx

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Webbeh posted:

Alabama was boosted by the DST TDs. Florida was aided by the insanely low yardage allowed the opponent, which gives you a really high base DST score.

Oh I know they had TDs--but goddamn, they gave up 43pts and 500+ yards.

The system hasn't changed, I'm just whining. I somehow managed to pull it off but that was startling how close those scores were.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Well, it's not all roses in the land of Lamar Jackson.

I mean it's mostly roses, but I may have lost my #1 wr for the year, so that's no good.

Davis Webb, otoh, is still available on the trading block, and I'm open to top tier wr as well. Though the aren't many of those this year

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

Well, it's not all roses in the land of Lamar Jackson.

I mean it's mostly roses, but I may have lost my #1 wr for the year, so that's no good.

Davis Webb, otoh, is still available on the trading block, and I'm open to top tier wr as well. Though the aren't many of those this year

Lucky for you, Jackson produces the points of three top-flight starters so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I really should replace my Tennessee starters.

• Locked thread