Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Perplx posted:

how many years of life expectancy did you loose from the pollution?

uh I said around a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
bad post timing, i meant the op

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Perplx posted:

bad post timing, i meant the op

np :)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Chickity China, the Chinese chicken
Forty years old and the clock's still tickin'

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Weibo? More like Why Go

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
how the gently caress is any meat frozen for more than a few months, was it pulled from a crashed cargo plane in the himalayas?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Perplx posted:

how the gently caress is any meat frozen for more than a few months, was it pulled from a crashed cargo plane in the himalayas?
crashed plane pilot looking at cargo manifest: lol we'll eat the dead guys first eh?

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Perplx posted:

how is it even profitable?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
there are basically no laws in china as long as you don't make the government look bad. it is both amazing and terrifying.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...it_china_s.html

quote:

In April a BMW racing through a fruit market in Foshan in China’s Guangdong province knocked down a 2-year-old girl and rolled over her head. As the girl’s grandmother shouted, “Stop! You’ve hit a child!” the BMW’s driver paused, then switched into reverse and backed up over the girl. The woman at the wheel drove forward once more, crushing the girl for a third time. When she finally got out from the BMW, the unlicensed driver immediately offered the horrified family a deal: “Don’t say that I was driving the car,” she said. “Say it was my husband. We can give you money.”

It seems like a crazy urban legend: In China, drivers who have injured pedestrians will sometimes then try to kill them. And yet not only is it true, it’s fairly common; security cameras have regularly captured drivers driving back and forth on top of victims to make sure that they are dead. The Chinese language even has an adage for the phenomenon: “It is better to hit to kill than to hit and injure.”

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

who the hell keeps frozen meat around for 40 years?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

spankmeister posted:

who the hell keeps frozen meat around for 40 years?

this is nothing in the 5000 years of culture

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

this is nothing in the 5000 years of culture

alternatively: no why

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Chickity China, the Chinese chicken
Forty years old and the clock's still tickin'

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i live in shenzhen, op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

in fact, im in shenzhen right now as i post. ill be in hong kong later today though

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Hong Kong is cool

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

rat meat is good

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

Hong Kong is cool

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Maximum Leader posted:

china fakes are awful, don't let some lovely tech journalism documentary tell you otherwise

Gopro only leads in the highest end model quality wise, and there are 4k / uhd action cams coming out every day about to eat the hero 4 black's lunch. Gopro still trying to put out a camera drone but they know they have literally nothing to innovate over whats already out there, and will never compete with DJIs prices.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

fart simpson posted:

in fact, im in shenzhen right now as i post. ill be in hong kong later today though

why are you in shenzhen?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im not, im in hong kong at the zoological and botanical gardens

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
a friend is in shenzen right now getting his medical tests and stuff since he is relocating there lol, weather app says "feels like 42 degrees celsius", must be nice

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i know which hospital he's at, then. he has to pee in a cup and then put the pee cup on a tray with dozens of other pee cups.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

fart simpson posted:

i know which hospital he's at, then. he has to pee in a cup and then put the pee cup on a tray with dozens of other pee cups.

yup, he just confirmed, his tray was filled with cups of pee, china just sounds so lovely
edit: to clarify, the cup is not a "medical" pee cup, it was a plastic coffecup, an open container with a small handle, and the tray had lots of open containers with other peoples pee in it

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jul 27, 2016

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yes that's what i meant by pee cup

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

TjyvTompa posted:

yup, he just confirmed, his tray was filled with cups of pee, china just sounds so lovely
edit: to clarify, the cup is not a "medical" pee cup, it was a plastic coffecup, an open container with a small handle, and the tray had lots of open containers with other peoples pee in it

lol

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

fart simpson posted:

yes that's what i meant by pee cup

lol

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

echinopsis posted:

good idea

link plZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i imagine quite a few people have been to shenzhen, op

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

The Management posted:

there are basically no laws in china as long as you don't make the government look bad. it is both amazing and terrifying.

thats why i lol when the bitcoin thread posts their "libertopia" copypasta poo poo

libertopia is now and its china

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

...why do they think silicon valley was named that

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
all is well
no i have not been to shenzhen town

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

crashed plane pilot looking at cargo manifest: lol we'll eat the dead guys first eh?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gross lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Gopro only leads in the highest end model quality wise, and there are 4k / uhd action cams coming out every day about to eat the hero 4 black's lunch. Gopro still trying to put out a camera drone but they know they have literally nothing to innovate over whats already out there, and will never compete with DJIs prices.

fart simpson posted:

im not, im in hong kong at the zoological and botanical gardens

link me a deece chinese knockoff dslr please. for science

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
food in china really is great just go to "expensive" restaurants (which are like $10-$15 per person)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

poty posted:

food in china really is great just go to "expensive" restaurants (which are like $10-$15 per person)

also a lot of normal restaurants are fine too and taste great. like my favorite dumplings in the world are just some lady selling them on the street and she's clearly unlicensed and it's cheap as heck but popular and tastes great

• Locked thread