Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

quote:

patronizing internet men buy whites only toilet and meme. more as this story develops

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Every funny post in that thread caught a ban/probation until stone cold broke the dam. GBS1.0

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

quote:

Is this all some long running joke I'm not getting? That place is a poo poo hole in the middle of nowhere and this blokes hot dogs look like they were made by a teenager.

This is going to end badly relatively quickly.

quote:

It's a shithole, which means it's arguably in a greater need of money for even its most basic businesses than other places.

I mean, you could Kickstart an artisan taffy-maker's place in San Francisco, but how many high concept establishments run by privileged kids does that place need? In contrast a plain hot dog place in rural Alabama is something that has real significance, even if it may seem asinine to an outsider.

quote:

real significance

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
So I was bored as gently caress today and stuck inside and I went through the original thread and it is something special. There were maybe 3 posts in the first 30 where someone was saying anything less than 'this brings a tear to my eye'.

Here's my favorite:

quote:

Is there a reason why his writing on the kickstarter page isn't capitalized and has a lot of typos?

Seriously people are delusional:

quote:

I've worked with a reporter before from the Boston Globe, I've fed him some information on this and am seeing if its something they'd be interested in running

Literally the only post saying 'you're dumb':

Ralp posted:

This is the gayest poo poo I have ever seen and anyone who gave any money to this is a complete loving retard. What a pathetic goon bandwagon.

Even this:

quote:

I just don't see how selling hot dogs for $5 each in a village in Alabama is a viable business model.

Was met with stuff like 'oh no, Claude knows his town. It's actually a good thing.'

And then like the second the thing is funded people come out of the woodwork to let people know that they were, in fact, idiots. With in a page it went from ernest support to 'no, I was doing this ironically'. Here's a funny quote:

quote:

Used to pass through Reform every day a couple of years ago when doing work in the area, there was a big dead dog at the edge of the road in front of a Chevron and we got to watch over the next 3 weeks as it went from fresh to bloated to deflated to gradually spread out into a giant fuzzy puddle as more and more people ran it over. At the end there was just a giant furry patch of asphalt at that station. Ive seen what Reform does to dogs.

It's seriously an amazing read and, especially knowing the outcome, kind of mind blowing how serious people were about it. There was about three pages of talk about what kind of bronze plaque Doobie would make for them because they had saved the poor town. It's purestrain GBS 1.0.

quote:

This is a really weird internet community.

bollig fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 24, 2016

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

quote:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

quote:

this is it boys. where it all started

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

this is it boys. where it all started

I kind of missed what the whole Steve Austin thing was about

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
cheeseburgers, bacon burgers you name it

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Tato posted:

cheeseburgers, bacon burgers you name it

HAMBURGERS cheeseburgers cheeseburgers cheeseburgers

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

everyone in the original thread patting themselves/each other on the back made me laugh

dudes were posting like they just funded the cure for cancer by giving some hick money

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

its also funny how the most sanctimonious of those backer posters havent posted in years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im gonna livepost from the costco foodcourt today

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

That Robot posted:

what program did you use to overlay that on a map

looks like a boss tool for lazy pokemon go players like me

I was just using pokevision.com to be lazy

But using deep web hacks via a visual gui, I can see the REAL Pokemon there

Holy poo poo, look at them all. ENHANCE. ZOOM.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
come to doobie's we have everything you love
burgers, fries and all of the above
low prices and delicious too
you won't break the bank if you only knew

fuck the mods
Mar 30, 2015
*admits to spending Kickstarter proceeds to pay some woman's heating bill and get rims for pick up truck*

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Doobie saga was a wonderful thing. "I would be successful if it wasn't for immigrants/being poor/never having a real chance in life" people can all be laughed away as Doobie essentially won the lottery and then proceeded to poo poo it all away in a combination of incompetence and laziness.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
remember when tasha melted down over the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage lmao

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Chinatown posted:

remember when tasha melted down over the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage lmao

no fags in the dawg house

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
His twitter is dead for ages, and then this appears.
https://twitter.com/DoobiesDogHouse/status/757342054494134272

gently caress you Crashcat.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Captain Yossarian posted:

I hope that yellow bellied QCS motherfucker Crash Cat doesn't show his face in this thread and ruin another

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I loved the mock threads. Fondest memory of GBS. Remember when he tried to sell chicken wings at a buck a wing?

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I think the ever changing menu was my favorite thing. Random bold, italics, underlines, spacing, punctuation, etc.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Siva68 posted:

I think the ever changing menu was my favorite thing. Random bold, italics, underlines, spacing, punctuation, etc.

Yes! I think it took me awhile to realize he KEPT switching it. Like, there were 3 or 4 variations by the time they closed... and that was in all of one year + change?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Manifest posted:

I still have severe doubts that Doob has run that account in a long, long time.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Boywhiz88 posted:

I loved the mock threads. Fondest memory of GBS. Remember when he tried to sell chicken wings at a buck a wing?

Better yet when he tried selling all the leftover chicken that's probably been sitting out all evening for like $30 a bag

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I still have severe doubts that Doob has run that account in a long, long time.

It's doobie. Look at tweet plus replies. Tweets to and from his wife.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Coming soon! Doobies 2.0 yes folks, we are coming back in a new location.

(idk how to embed tweets

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/DoobiesDogHouse/status/757398654114205696

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Freg legs are good and I hope this is some Doobie food truck slangin hot snacks

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
More like blatant death threats from a Alabama hot dog man!!

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Manifest posted:

there hasn't been a more appropriate time to say :getin:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I feel like Doobie's is some kind of goon ARG.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/DoobiesDogHouse/status/757396092816334848

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Like I think a goon found all these pictures of this weird redneck family that runs a lovely restaurant and created this elaborate thing to gently caress with other goons.

I'm probably over-thinking this.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

I will literally cancel Christmas to donate to his new kickstarter.

However, my parents live in Alabama, and when I go to visit them (coincidentally enough, for Christmas) I better get a free slaw dog or I'm going to be hopping mad!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Manifest posted:

:eyepop:

I can't wait

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Manifest posted:

i didn't tell him poo poo, remember it was conquistador with the hotline to his Windows Phone

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Looking forward to Yo Doobie Raps! Vol II

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Like I think a goon found all these pictures of this weird redneck family that runs a lovely restaurant and created this elaborate thing to gently caress with other goons.

I'm probably over-thinking this.

I always had the same feeling. But like having read the original thread, that's a long loving con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bollig posted:

I always had the same feeling. But like having read the original thread, that's a long loving con.
I think the stupid marble hornets being the only goons who actually took a picture at the place made it feel that much more unreal but enough locals got involved posting replies to his cryptic specials soon enough

doobie make the HB steak

• Locked thread