Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

whoflungpoop posted:

19 of the speeches at the RNC so far mention Clinton by name, while only 7 mentioned their own partys nominee Trump, and most of those were by his own family

"but clinton" is the mating call of the 21st century's closet case

But Clinton! :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Butt Clinton

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

City of Tampa posted:

voting for incompetent evil instead of very competent evil is actually a smart move

Evil doesn't exist. Incompetence does. It's smart to fear incompetence more than evil. Incompetence gets taken advantage of. The fact that Paul Manafort, Trump’s main political advisor, is also one of Vladimir Putin's advisors and Trump has already come out saying he might not honor NATO treaty obligations, while making statements in the past about using the US military to commit war crimes is telling.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spoondick posted:

Evil doesn't exist. Incompetence does. It's smart to fear incompetence more than evil. Incompetence gets taken advantage of. The fact that Paul Manafort, Trump’s main political advisor, is also one of Vladimir Putin's advisors and Trump has already come out saying he might not honor NATO treaty obligations, while making statements in the past about using the US military to commit war crimes is telling.

Trump is a sell out to the global mafia and no Russian soldier should listen to bullshit and violate their neighbors.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Spoondick posted:

Ok then which do you prefer, a president that works against your best interests in an incompetent way or a president that works against your best interests in a highly competent way?

also the soviet union doesn't exist anymore. what's the purpose of NATO now? why should the American people fund the defense of all of Europe while at the same time being told that universal healthcare, college for all, real retirement plans, etc. are just too expensive to be feasible?

if you are concerned about wars and war crimes then you should pay close attention to Hillary's position on Israel and specifically Iran because she's gonna move us waaaay to the right on foreign policy. Does regime change in Syria resulting in another failed state like Libya sound like a good idea to you? that's year one of a Clinton administration.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
I'm not sure I buy the "if Trump gets elected the Democrats will just block all of the bad poo poo he tries to do and we'll be better off than with Hillary" argument because the way Trump and the party are going, I don't think opposing filibusters and blocks are going to be met only with "welp, we're stuck."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Make america great again

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

I'm not sure I buy the "if Trump gets elected the Democrats will just block all of the bad poo poo he tries to do and we'll be better off than with Hillary" argument because the way Trump and the party are going, I don't think opposing filibusters and blocks are going to be met only with "welp, we're stuck."

if you;re trying to make the argument that the Democrats have a poor history of opposing even the most horrendous Republican policy I would agree that you have a point.

still it's better for bad policy to face some resistance. I'm just saying that for example if Trump tries to invade Syria he would be opposed by the Dems in Congress. If Clinton tries to invade Syria then everybody would agree that it's a great idea and the Republican's only criticism would be that we aren't bombing hard enough

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
I think raising tariffs is probably not a good idea.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Coward.

Vote third party

Tubesock
Apr 20, 2002

lol clinton

Nationalism beats policy. So get on board.

The denial will persist up until the morning after the election. Then the meltdowns. So many meltdowns.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

why not? every other country has them.

We have the biggest market in the world, the market that every manufacturer wants to sell their products in. Allowing manufacturers to move good American jobs overseas and then still sell their products in this market without penalty is insane for everybody except the guy that owns the manufacturing company.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Wikileaks is starting to unload it's DNC emails.

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/11508
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/25
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/11056

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

The Sphinxster posted:

Bill Clinton is a cool guy

Pretty much this. Any way we can get him back in the White House is what'll have to be done.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Atheists are quietly one of the most discriminated against groups in America.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/fileid/16842/7790
THIS IS A LINK TO AN AUDIO FILE
lul Hillary supporters.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
"I'm on fixed income, I donated $300 to Hillary! gently caress Bernie Sanders!"

*has benefits and social services cut because the banks want even lower taxes and another bailout*

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I wonder if SA will be taken over by pol like 4chan was

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

I wonder if SA will be taken over by pol like 4chan was

this already happened, mate
do you see all those huge trump avatars

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
SA is now mostly people in their 20s and 30s with normal jobs kids and normal hobbies. The hobby posts are all shunted off to subforums.

What the gently caress else are we supposed to talk about? We're not in college anymore.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hell there are probably more parents on these forums than virgins at this point so there aren't even any 'HAY GUYS I HAD SEX!' threads anymore.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

EvilJoven posted:

What the gently caress else are we supposed to talk about? We're not in college anymore.

Our sexualities, and obsession there of.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

but if we elect clinton we won't get a wall! will she at least make a mine field or something?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Parallax Scroll posted:

but if we elect clinton we won't get a wall! will she at least make a mine field or something?

maybe, since your stupid country didnt sign the landmine prohibition treaty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_Treaty

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
pretty sure this election will be decided by the number/severity of terrorist attacks leading up to it

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

FuhrerHat posted:

maybe, since your stupid country didnt sign the landmine prohibition treaty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_Treaty

My right to seed my lawn with explosives SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

drat kids

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dogmeat posted:

Is that the thing where she only takes a position on something once her pollsters notice >50% of the voting population already have?

It's the thing where he says things like "Of course, women that seek illegal abortions should be prosecuted" and then his handlers tell him to say the opposite of that so the next day he says the opposite of that.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Roylicious posted:

For who?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

VendaGoat posted:

Chins don't lie.

looking very presidential there

way better than Romney

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

FrankieGoes posted:

It's the thing where he says things like "Of course, women that seek illegal abortions should be prosecuted" and then his handlers tell him to say the opposite of that so the next day he says the opposite of that.

I meant women that seek LEGAL abortions should be prostituted

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Pitdragon posted:

pretty sure this election will be decided by the number/severity of terrorist attacks leading up to it

so trump will win

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/8351

* Move to the left on illegal immigration, tougher for Hillary?
o Yes, Super PAC paying young voters to push back online on Sanders supporters
o She's forced to continue to appeal to young liberals as opposed to pivoting back to center

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

get this

druuuumpf! lmaoooooo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Goddamnit, Hillary reminds me of some kind of female version of Margaret Thatcher.

Trump has earned my eternal hatred for making me vote for yet another drat Clinton.

Dont vote for people you dont like

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

City of Tampa posted:

all rich people cheat on their taxes, I think Trump has straight-up said that he pays as little as he can get away with because why shouldn't he?

and actually the paid speeches are loving insane and far beyond anything that we have allowed from major party candidate for President before.

Hillary Clinton has been paid tens of millions of dollars, personally (not campaign contributions), from some of the worst people on earth. If you don't think that money has strings attached to it then I have a bridge to sell to you. Wall Street, big pharma, weapons manufacturers, foreign governments all have pre-purchased specific policy and appointments from the future Clinton administration. This should scare the gently caress out of all of us.

Trump is stuffing his cabinet and VP with political insiders from the RNC which is just as awash in dirty loving money. Donald Trump apparently sold you a bridge named Donald Trump for President

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Goodpancakes posted:

Trump is stuffing his cabinet and VP with political insiders from the RNC which is just as awash in dirty loving money. Donald Trump apparently sold you a bridge named Donald Trump for President

what RNC insiders has he named for his cabinet?

and I don't deny that Trump's administration has a high likelihood of just being mainstream Republican business as usual. I still think that preferable to this dangerous new hybrid thing that Clinton is doing.

Didn't we used to oppose unlimited money in elections? How can we say that Citizen's United is a bad thing when our own loving candidate has been personally paid $30 million from the same anti-progressive special interests that fund rightwing super pacs?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Goodpancakes posted:

Yeah I agree. Trump, who sold himself as a Washington outsider with no ties to dirty money, is very quickly inserting himself into the "corrupt and rigged system" he railed against in the primaries. Come election day, the republicans will have broken him into just another establishment candidate.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Parallax Scroll posted:

get this

druuuumpf! lmaoooooo

Who's responsible for Drumpf anyway? Trump has been around since the 80s and this is the best insult we've got?

Chump, Dump, Grump, Trumpet, Trum Dumpster. All better parodies of his name than Drumpf.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Goodpancakes posted:

I thought his cabinet was going To be 100% family members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Unguided posted:

Who's responsible for Drumpf anyway? Trump has been around since the 80s and this is the best insult we've got?

Chump, Dump, Grump, Trumpet, Trum Dumpster. All better parodies of his name than Drumpf.

Drumpf isn't really a parody, that's what his family name actually was before they changed it.

e goddamn word filter.

• Locked thread