Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
excellent work homie, and thanks for making me aware of francis ngannou, who i'd apparently forgotten. have fun on your river float.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
moontasari's wrestling / tdd has improved out of sight. good for him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that loving ground and pound

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Brazilian Cowboy is good. One of my favorite prospects right now.

same

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Where is moutassis ground game.

He's never had one, unfortunately.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Prazeres worked on his cardio and striking a lot apparently

Nah he was just fighting a guy who couldn't do anything. If he were fighting someone that made him stress, he'd gas in 1.5 as per usual, I suspect.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Luiz guzman is very good at wrestling and well conditioned. He could be very 'good'

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Sick fight. Elkins is tough and constantly looks like he just took the hardest hit of meth.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Wineland gonna get back to form and win y'all

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Watch this magic trick starring felice herrig instead of the fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdvhMU5Qt8&app=desktop

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

She won every second of that. Good poo poo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ngannou / struve please and thank you

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

afatwhiteloaf posted:

His chin isn't that great.

I've said it before but this is not correct. His 'chin' issues were bad defensive boxing that have been cleaned up since training flat out with Mark Henry.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Holm losing exactly how everyone thought she could

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Usually after 6 months to a year at a fighting gym people are able to conquer the fear of being hit and consistently find their range.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Is there a more baffling fighter in the ufc than the preacher's daughter: Holly Holm?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

She's pretty much always been like this, it's just ronda ran in headfirst at her

that statement was not expressing surprise at this outcome in any way, shape or form.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

I don't think holly could repeat beating Ronda because I would assume she wouldn't run at holly like that again

ronda's entire skillset depends upon bullrushing to the clinch.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

nice

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

To me Holm fights basically exactly like youd expect someone who did karate/kickboxing, was shepherded through a boxing career where she beat handpicked opponents by being bigger/on PEDs/better conditioned than them at altitude, then started grappling at a late age and got The Greg Jackson Treatment

i just cannot wrap my head around being a professional boxer for 11 years and world champion and miss strikes by 6-10 inches consistently in any pro fight. i don't care how protected you are. it seems literally impossible to me and it breaks my brain thinking about it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

woozy pawsies posted:

maybe she needs glasses

could be. personally, i finally got glasses when i got sick of missing every chair i ever tried to sit on by half a foot for several years

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if you know the result you don't need to watch the main, guess how it happened, and it was exactly that.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bundt Cake posted:

Barboza v melendez

to be fair, the herrig / curran fight is brief and worth watching. it was good poo poo from start to finish and actually suprrised me.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bundt Cake posted:

I didnt see that one. I only saw a few of the fights.

no knock on your judgement man i was just adding my thoughts!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

wineland vs saenz was extremely my poo poo. I liked how Eddie showed good sportsmanship when it came to the close-but-legal inner leg kick that grazed his junk. A lot of dudes would have used that as an opportunity to milk the ref for a point deduction or at least get a few minute rest.

wineland's gas tank has never been a problem and nobody gets deducted a point for a first offence dick kick no matter how egregious. i think it just didn't hurt and wanted to maintain his rhythm

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

true but it was the 2nd time it happened in the fight, i'm pretty sure. that's why the ref was quick to call for a stop in the action but wineland let it go.

whoa i think you're right. i think the cowboy / moontasari dick shot booted all lesser dick shots out of my memory, even ones that happened in the future. my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

joe mentioned cejudo during the broadcast and i immediately thought back to mighty mouse loving him up which is as insanely cool in retrospect as it was live. mighty mouse is at least one generation ahead of every other mixed martial artist and it's terrifying.

• Locked thread