Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
I remember when season 2 came out someone posted a thread with "Mr. Peanutbutter Dies" and I watched all season waiting for it to happen thinking and was totally bummed when that didn't happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

ArtIsResistance posted:

wow gbs 30 year olds like bojack wow

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

funniest joke was him consoling a pigeon woman in a high rise as she says "I just really thought he was ready"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Straight talk the show isn't laughs per minute but I appreciate it being harsh and rough

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Finished season 3. It's good

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Finished season 3. It's good

do you know if it's available in Canada i love this show

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Straight talk the show isn't laughs per minute but I appreciate it being harsh and rough

thats what makes it really good tbh

i feel so adult for appreciating its adult themes and thats what makes it satirical in its own self, it's very meta~

you either get it or you don't, but there's varying levels of absurdity that do have its merits for comedic purposes

BoJack is a flawed horse/person, he can be somewhat likeable but at other times a huge dick and an irredeemable selfish prick who constantly makes bad choices and bemoans himself, and the tragedy of that is hilarious in its own sad way. That's where its hit or miss for people.

Its blistering satire and sarcasm isn't for the average dullard who wants cheap laughs and tits, its meant for jaded "lol nothing loving matters anymore, im surrounded by so much stupid gently caress it" people, and you can check me in that category

namaste

i look forward to season 3, i liked all of them

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Lastgirl posted:

thats what makes it really good tbh

i feel so adult for appreciating its adult themes and thats what makes it satirical in its own self, it's very meta~

you either get it or you don't, but there's varying levels of absurdity that do have its merits for comedic purposes

BoJack is a flawed horse/person, he can be somewhat likeable but at other times a huge dick and an irredeemable selfish prick who constantly makes bad choices and bemoans himself, and the tragedy of that is hilarious in its own sad way. That's where its hit or miss for people.

Its blistering satire and sarcasm isn't for the average dullard who wants cheap laughs and tits, its meant for jaded "lol nothing loving matters anymore, im surrounded by so much stupid gently caress it" people, and you can check me in that category.

I didn't really feel that they were all that sincere in the first few episodes so even though I appreciate a lot of the things you mentioned I stopped watching. I guess I picked up a "it's a cartoon but, like, for adults and there's taking animals and it worked for Family Guy" vibe.

This thread convinced me to at least check out the season one finale and that was really really good.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Their f bomb in season 3 was powerful in a completely different way compared to s2

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dogmeat posted:

I didn't really feel that they were all that sincere in the first few episodes so even though I appreciate a lot of the things you mentioned I stopped watching. I guess I picked up a "it's a cartoon but, like, for adults and there's taking animals and it worked for Family Guy" vibe.

This thread convinced me to at least check out the season one finale and that was really really good.

Oh I totally get what you mean

the first few episodes i was like :smugjones: at the cutaway jokes like they do in Family Guy, but like after that they totally stopped that and it went in a much better direction and it didnt have that vibe anymore which is great. I suppose they had that to establish the characters and the absurd animal/human zoo world they live in which passes for normal, except for the chicken conundrum, which is bizarre (you'll see what i mean if you watch more of it)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The chicken episode is a huge swing and miss imo. You could totally skip it save for the last five minutes

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
it was kinda filler but not really? I feel like it was meant to be a satirical poke at how sitcoms use a formula for the side character to have a zany adventure that was supposed to develop their character only to have the main character steal their thunder once again in a very anti-climax way

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I like to believe that when Breaking Bad ended Jesse drove to Hollywood and assumed the identity of Todd

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The chicken episode mostly sets up Diane leaving. Since she can't do sit in hollywoo anyway

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Is bojack an alternate reality version of Flaked? They seem sort of similar but maybe that's just cus I think Arnett is really cool. I really like Flaked but am only midway through Bojack season 1.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I think Will Arnett found his typecast so yea a bit similar except I think Bojack is just far better with writing imo

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

will arnett is just gob in real life now

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Flaked is really bad. Bojack gets better

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Is bojack an alternate reality version of Flaked? They seem sort of similar but maybe that's just cus I think Arnett is really cool. I really like Flaked but am only midway through Bojack season 1.

flaked is hot garbage that a bum poo poo all over and then a dog ate and threw up.

Bojack is gold

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

gbs likes bojack because he's a rear end in a top hat alcoholic that hates himself, just like ha lf of gbs (i like bojack)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Profondo Rosso posted:

gbs likes bojack because he's a rear end in a top hat alcoholic that hates himself, just like ha lf of gbs (i like bojack)
:sigh:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Flaked is what bojack would've been if the writers leaned on the Diane crush from season 1

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Flaked bad

Bojack good

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

iSheep posted:

Flaked bad

Bojack good

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Profondo Rosso posted:

Sounds like someone had a bad day at the business factory.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Flaked is what bojack would've been if the writers leaned on the Diane crush from season 1

You mean Asian Daria

PostEldar
May 7, 2004

I'm in your area.
So, that under-the-sea episode. Fuckin shoutout to early 2000s IDM, right?

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm watching bojack horseman irl RIGHT NOW

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

excellent show, binged it and i'm on episode 5. episode 2 sucked though

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

FullMetalJackoff posted:

You mean Asian Daria

Nice

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Profondo Rosso posted:

that's me except I drink in moderation (the position of those who really, truly hate themselves)

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
It's a sort of depressing show that is okay to fall asleep too and you wont mind if you missed the last half of an episode.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Is this more like ponies for people with self awareness, or daria for non-teenaged non-emos? Or maybe it's like venture bros but for non-gays?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've never seen any of those and I think bojack is good

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

GreyPowerVan posted:

I've never seen any of those and I think bojack is good

You never saw DARIA?!?!! :eyepop:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I finished it and it's all real sad especially the last few episodes.

I tried to be above it and not give a poo poo because it's just a stupid cartoon about a manhorse but it gets difficult to keep that up as the season goes on.

Alternate post: HAHA FART BUTT CARTOON STUPID PISS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
im going to bojack off into a sock

• Locked thread