Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Yeah pretty much, this show doesn't handle tone shifts well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

You're like a bot that posts nothing but bad opinions.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

show good. season 3 good. good friends with a director, glad it didn't suck or else woulda been awkward. He sneaks a background character of his girlfriend into a lot of shots. I hope this brush with fame has been cool for you guys.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It was one of the weaker DBZ movies tbqh

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

bitmap posted:

show good. season 3 good. good friends with a director, glad it didn't suck or else woulda been awkward. He sneaks a background character of his girlfriend into a lot of shots. I hope this brush with fame has been cool for you guys.

Is it that chick who had face surgery from season 2

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Season 3 makes me glad I stuck with this show, episodes have really been coming together into something bigger than the sum of its parts. Starting with, I think, the underwater episode every episode has been a story, rather than just a bunch of poo poo that happensd.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Someone said it earlier in this thread; or in the TV IV thread...

But when I hear BoJack talk, I hear BoJack. Will Arnett has one of the most recognizable voices out there. When I hear his voice in a car commercial, my brain says, "Hey there's Will Arnett". When I see him acting in another role, my brain says, "Hey there's GOB." But something about BoJack's character is so distinctive, that he feels completely separate from the voice actor I know.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

It's unbelievable how bad the first half of season one is

Compared to how amazing it gets right after? Yeah. It's almost like you're watching 2 different shows.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Volume posted:

Compared to how amazing it gets right after? Yeah. It's almost like you're watching 2 different shows.

I don't think it could work without the first half of that season being different. It does that to lull you into a false sense of security that you're watching an Adult Swim style cartoon, then hits you with the good poo poo

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Stealing a meal from Neil McBeal the Navy SEAL Seal is comedy gold you phillistines

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The only hint that the show isn't gonna gently caress around is having him sleep with sara Lynn in ep 4

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

ArtIsResistance posted:

wow gbs 30 year olds like bojack wow

the show was literally made for 30 year olds my dude

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Pawl posted:

Stealing a meal from Neil McBeal the Navy SEAL Seal is comedy gold you phillistines
I'm the only albino rhino GYNO I know

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Knight posted:

I'm the only albino rhino GYNO I know

He's also a wino.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

caligulamprey posted:

He's also a wino.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

caligulamprey posted:

He's also a wino.

He's a *wine addict*. Get it right.

It's cheesy, but I love how when they have flashbacks there's always lyrics like "this is a 2007 pop song, because it's 2007" and stuff like that.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

He's a *wine addict*. Get it right.

It's cheesy, but I love how when they have flashbacks there's always lyrics like "this is a 2007 pop song, because it's 2007" and stuff like that.

autotune

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Ooh, YouTube clip of all three Generic 80s, 90s, and 2007 songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlfK51tN-xo

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Will Arnett is the Martin Short of the 2010s.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, the end of episode 11 juxtaposed with the first seven minutes of episode 12 is just... I've never seen anything like this on tv. It's like watching a beautiful, hilarious, tragic train crash.

It's great when an rocky show actually starts firing on all cylinders. The characters and story arcs were there in the first two seasons, but the jokes were odd and the individual episodes were just 25 minutes of stuff happening. Now, the jokes are crazy good, each episode is unique and contained, the charActers are much more lovable, and the whole season is arcing just right.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 27, 2016

PostEldar
May 7, 2004

I'm in your area.
God, I miss Vincent Adultman.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Whoa it's Theon Grayjoy.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ape Fist posted:

the show was literally made for 30 year olds my dude

Yeah, I'm pretty much BoJack if I wasn't a horse, or had a very famous TV show in the 90's.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm BoJack the horseman and I had a very unsuccessful tv show in 07

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This is the best role of Paul F. Tompkins' career

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

FullMetalJackoff posted:

You mean Asian Daria

lmao when ir ead this thread originally i thought you were just making an accurate commentary on the characterization, but no that's literally what she's called in ep 11

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
Asian Daria is proof this show knows its audience considering me and my other friends in our 30's loved that joke.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

This is show is hilarious, not to mention it helped me out immeasureably W/R/T dealing with my own depression. It's a comedy, but there's a deeper side to it, I dig that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

General Dog posted:

This is the best role of Paul F. Tompkins' career

I dunno about that

• Locked thread