Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Xiulan, the Pretty Pyromancer

"My house is in the sky, yes, but do you know other humans? Can you take us to them? A planet what we are standing on, its a big rock floating in the sky. Its hard to believe but its true! You're cool, Clover. We're friends now! I have a friend in the sky called Slaanesh, you should totally be friends with him too!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

Brulgem is about to make some insightful comment about how one is not a leader just because they can lead men and women in battle when a talking horse comes up, and one of the group give it alcohol. Brulgem stands in stunned silence for longer than he would like to admit, before he shakes himself out of it. He brings his hunting rifle up, and flips on the red dot sight and begins to scan their surroundings. "Be on your guard! While unorthodox, this thing might be a distraction from the enemy. Scan for anyone else!"

Brulgem's only way to handle this is to assume it is an ambush. Awareness at 26 to see if anyone is watching or if this is about to become South Park's Woodland Critter Christmas.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Rinlaan

"Packbeasts do not generally speak. I would be wary of this... 'Clover'."

Granted there were fireside tales of all manner of stranger beings that spoke any number of tongues. But this is not the homelands. Anything here could be a trick of the enemy.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Hasaba

As the strange creature approaches them, Hasaba casts his mind back to the stories he was told as a child; of gods and spirits who occupied the bodies of lesser creatures, or granted them the power of speech, and of men who the gods twisted into new and strange shapes. Perhaps those stories are false, or perhaps 'Clover' is unrelated to them, but at least he has the tools to tell which is which. Hasaba closes his eyes and opens his sight to the spirit world, to see what reflection their visitor has on the other side.

Hasaba uses the Psyniscience skill as a free action, to investigate Clover, with a perception of 46, subject to whatever modifiers are appropriate. Psyniscience check on Clover.: 1d100 8.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Kaas Firbolg

As soon as the horse starts talking, Murik growls and reaches for his sword with one hand, gripping the hilt hard enough to make his knuckles audibly pop. "A beast that speaks like a man?! This must be some kind of trap!"

Kaas grabs his brother's shoulder and shakes his head. "Don't be rash. Killing isn't always the first solution." Murik snarls again and pulls away, but he relaxes his grip. Slightly.

Satisfied that his brother isn't going to paint the camp with the horse's blood (yet), Kaas spends a few moments searching his brain for an explanation of where the hell a talking horse came from, but finds nothing. Of course, he could always just ask it where it came from.

"You, Clover was it? It's our experience that horses do not generally speak. Or drink. Where did you come from? Can you tell us anything about this area?"

SL (Beasts) vs 30: 86

Charm vs 68: 74

Too early to call it, but I do believe the curse of Haskill may be alive and well here.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hasaba focuses for a moment and sees, or feels the area around himself as it truly is with perfect clarity.

Olga is a null zone, staring listlessly at the horse. The warp bends around her like a river around a rock, and she radiates waves of mild irritation and violent fantasies.

The weapons held by Brulgem and Murik have dark purpose that allows them to challenge fate (and their owners) and win, but are otherwise mundane, mostly.

Xiulan is like a beacon in the warp compared to the others, shining with witch-power in many pastel hues, her many desires and passions subtly manipulating reality around her to be more to her liking. Hasaba feels an urge to drink amasec and set things on fire.

Clover is partially obscured by the radiant Xiulan, but even with her distracting aura Hasaba can tell that Clover is only slightly more 'magical' than the mundane Kaas, Brulgem or Rinlaan. The source of power isn't inherent to his being like Xiulan, rather it is an external contamination. A spoor trail of lightly psychoactive particles has been left behind by Clover off into the forest, fading away into the distance. It could be followed quite easily now, wherever it came from.

Brulgem does not see any other unusual phenomena in the immediate area, though some birds have returned to the nearby trees.

Xiulan and Kaas work together and start interrogating the horse. This is not likely to be how they envisioned starting a planetary invasion. Clover is extremely enthusiastic and friendly, but not smart at all. It is a mystery just what sort of physical or mental changes have passed to give a horse speech, but it is evident that it did not gain much intelligence.

"Wow I have no idea what that means, there's a rock in the sky? I can't see up super good so you need to tell me if something's going to fall on me. I was so lonely in the forest, but now I'm friends with you and Slaanesh! I know a lot of humans but they're a long way away, I don't live there any more. There are also horses there but I think they're kind of dumb. This is a big forest, there are lots of trees and birds and stuff. And wolves! Wolves are like dogs but they're allowed to bite me so I don't like them."

"The place I'm from, it has a big house for the horses, I was in that house. And another big house for humans. And then some other houses, one of them has dogs. And it was right next to the forest and there was a road to a place with lots of houses and sometimes people came from there. I went there but it was loud and smelled bad so I didn't like it. But I mostly stayed around the house with the other horses."

"Okay, so what happened is, uhh... lots of nights ago I was in my house with my friends who are horses, and I felt really sick like I'd eaten mushrooms again but I totally hadn't eaten mushrooms again! I didn't eat mushrooms after that one time! And there was screaming outside and I think I saw fire so I kicked the door open and ran away! I thought I was going to get in trouble but I was really scared! And I kept running and running and then I stopped and I ate grass which I'm not allowed but nobody can stop me now! And I saw a bird and found a pond with water in it and I drank it and I didn't feel sick any more. And then I woke up when there was this loud noise and I saw your house fall out of the sky and then I walked here. Do you have any sugar?"

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Hasaba

"Sugar? There might be some of that in my pack. Give me a second, I'll see if I can dig it out." Hasaba drops his pack at his feet, kneeling to rummage through it in search of a ration pack. After a short search he rises, a sachet of sugar held in his hand, and calls out to Clover.

"The place you came from, and the place with many houses - do you remember the names they had? Were they called Jocyn, or Jocynmaast?" As he approaches the horse, his free hand slips into his pocket and grasps his warp charm. Hasaba focuses his mind on reaching out to his companions, and composes a short mental message.

I'm taking a fettered Focus Power test to use Thought Sending as a free action to transmit a short message to as much of the team as I can manage. It's a +40 Willpower test, with +10 for a psy-focus and +10 for an effective psy rating of 2, with a base willpower of 48, so the target number is 108.

Focus Power test for Thought Sending.: 1d100 32

I think that's 7 degrees of success, which lets me send a message to a maximum of 14 people - I'm sending it to all the PCs, but not to Murik, and obviously not to Clover.

"The horse has been touched by the gods in some way and it left a trail I can follow. The trail might lead us back to where it came from, or to a place where the gods draw close - if you think we should follow it, make a sign."

Without missing a step, Hasaba tears open the sachet, and offers it to the horse.

Jo Joestar fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 31, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
0615, Day 1 of Gladian Campaign
Drop Site, Gladia

Clover responds "It definitely had that name. One of those." and eagerly licks up the satchet of growth-tank fungus-culture glucose.

The meandering trail that can be detected seems to go east and slightly north. A detour, but probably not a big one? According to Clover it was on the edge of the forest, so it's not too far from Jocyn.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

"We can all go together! Yay!" Xiulan is happy at the thought of having a new friend, "and it would help us blend in if we want to pretend we're mercenaries or something if we come along a main road like that."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

"I am for whatever path gets us to the warfare fastest," Brulgem says, placing his heavy stubber in the canvas bag with his hunting rifle and the missile tubes. He does keep his boiler cannon and impailer crossbow at the ready; they should be primitive enough to blend in on this world, though he was still itching to put his stubber to use.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Kaas Firbolg

Kaas scratches at his chin for a few moments and shrugs.

"It's basically along the way, so I suppose there's no harm in investigating this pool. There might be some sort of artifact there, changing the water. The horse says it felt ill and witnessed fire and screaming, so perhaps something has happened to Jocyn already. That might make getting into that facility easier, at least."

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
0630, Day 1 of Gladian Campaign
Drop Site, Gladia

Having befriended a talking horse and discovered a potential side objective, the Zudharan gang (They should probably come up with a catchy name for their group) finishes packing up their gear and reviewing their mission data. Leaving their drop pod behind with its ever-alert servitor, the group ventures out into the world of Gladia. A short time later, their Vox-Caster announces that it has a signal with orbit and data can be transmitted for the time being.

Stretching their senses, Hasaba and Xiulan can feel that this world is very different from Zudhar. While Zudhar had a sort of dirty psychic background wash, a slight stain that impregnated everything on the planet in subtle ways, this world was clean. The various voidcraft had their own unique tinge of corruption from the warpstuff rubbing off on their travels, leading to increased rates of madness and mutation, but that just made Gladia's status even more stark. Of course the spirits and daemons were there just beyond the veil, but the veil was thicker and more opaque, sharply delineated where Zudhar's was slightly fuzzy. A psyker could actually relax and let their guard down on a world like this and not expect terrible consequences to immediately follow.

Hasaba, the most adept at traversing the wilderness, is able to supplement his navigation skills with the faint trail of psychoactive particulates left behind by Clover. Though it is generally a meandering path, Clover had largely stuck to an easy route along a dry streambed running down from the hills. While it is a guaranteed path, there are parts where it essentially goes in circles or backtracks according to difficult terrain or horse whims, costing a bit of time.

Clover has no special insight into the world at large, being a horse, and mostly comments on interesting shapes or sounds he witnesses. Anyone spending time talking to him would find the limits to his knowledge and comprehension very quickly, though he is eager to please and help his new friends in anything they want. Carrying loads or passengers is entirely within his ability.

Well after noon, Hasaba and Xiulan both feel something on the horizon as the ground levels and the trees begin to thin slightly (Warp Sense). A diffuse psychic presence lies two or three kilometres ahead to the east on the path you are taking, similar to Clover's but much larger. There is also a smaller, sharper presence near it to the north, with deliberate Warp power to it. A powerful psyker, a minor daemon, an enchanted artifact? :iiam: How do you want to approach?

Over the intervening hours you can talk to others, review data, shoot small wildlife, etc as you hike crosscountry.

You have a connection with your handlers and can ask for for information on things if you really want to, though as they are unsure of the local ability to intercept transmissions this is presumed risky.

Paz
You have walked a long, long way and are now looking at the Geringen Farm from a safe distance in the trees to the north. Post your thing if you please.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Paz looks out at the surrounding farm, hefting her fancy new spinning-head axe contraption, as well as the rest of the fancy gear and clothing she found in the warm wrecked metal ball that
tore up the ground, made of materials she couldn't identify.

"What has happened? Paz had good life, with beautiful Baby, and adequate Husband. But now, entire village gets sick and dies. Now I lose entire family and neighborhood is gone, and chest is
phlegmy and I feel weird in imprecise and gross ways. But my appetite is gone, so maybe I will lose weight for swimming season right!? Ha Ha, just little joke, to lighten the mood."

Paz looks behind her into the woods, she is still as alone as she's been since leaving her village.

"But this is not the time for jokes. I have a bad cold, I think, this is because of rear end in a top hat wizard man, poisoning wells, making people sick. rear end in a top hat. But I will find him and kill him. And these soldiers in the field. Probably more people also. And then mourn for lost love, and someday, heal, and move on. Begin long career of wandering and violence, walk the earth, maybe I will become a knight. Or I will find new friends, new true love, new purpose in life. Carve new place for Paz in the universe."

pre:
Name: Paz, Who Death Forgot
Archetype: Renegade
Alignment: Nurgle
Pride: Fortitude
Disgrace: Regret
Motivation: Violence

Characteristics:
WS:  51=25+18+3[archetype]+5[advance]
BS:  34=25+6+3[archetype]
S:   37=25+12
T:   51=25+16+5[pride]+5[advance]
Ag:  30=25+8-3[pride]
Int: 23=25+4-3[pride]-3[motivation]
Per: 35=25+10
WP:  41=25+16
Fel: 35=25+10

4 6 8 10 10 12 16 16 18 

Wounds: 13
Infamy: 22
IP: 2/2
CP:10=5[disgrace]+[motivation]

Skills:
Common Lore (Imperium, Zarhud)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Trade (Chemist)
Athletics
Awareness
Dodge
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Common Lore (War)
Operate (Horse)
Intimidate
Parry +10
Survival
Medicae

Talents:
Jaded
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Weapon Training (Chain, Flame, Las, Primary, SP)
Weapon Training (Bolt)
Combat Sense
Sure Strike
Double Team
Ambidextrous
Flesh Render[K]
Iron Jaw[N]

Quick Draw
Rapid Reload

Traits:
The Old Ways
Adroit: WS
Fear 1 (Disturbing)
Warp Instability
Undying

Mutations/Gifts:
•Pseudo-Demonhood (Nurgle)(Fear(CB) (1 Disturbing), Warp Instability, Undying)

Gear:
•BQ Chainaxe[Any acquisition at +0 total availability (no downgrades)]
–Venom Drip[free weapon upgrade]
•BQ Dagger
—Balanced
—Razor Sharp
•Flak Armor
•BQ Shield
—Shield
•Lasgun w/ 2 charge packs
—Reliable
•Fire Caster w/ 4 Fire Flasks, 2 Tox Flasks and 2 Dream Flasks.
—Spray, Flame
•BQ Composite Bow w/ 40 Arrows and 10 Explosive Arrows
—Reliable
–Powerful Draw
—Barrage
•Medikit

Advances:  1000/1000
250:[K]Flesh Render (Allied)
200:[K]Athletics (Allied)
250:[U]+5 WS (simple)
100:[N]+5 Toughness (simple)(true)
200:[N]Iron Jaw (true)
pre:
Combat Block:
WS	BS	S	T	AG	INT	PER	WP	FEL	
51	34	37	51	30	23	35	41	35

Initiative: 1d10+5
Wounds:     1313
Fate:       2/2
Armor:      Head: [04] Body: [06]   Left Arm: [06]    Right Arm/Legs: [04] +1vs. blast
Armor+TB: Head: [09] Body: [11] Left Arm: [11]     Right Arm/Legs: [09] +1vs. blast
Dodge:      30

Combat Talents:
Sure Strike
Double Team
Ambidextrous
Flesh Render[K]
Iron Jaw[N]

—————————————————————
BQ Chainaxe:
Class: Melee  Dmg: 1d10+5   Type:  R    Pen: 2
Range:  – RoF:  –   Clip: –     Rld: –
Special: Tearing, Unbalanced. Best(+10 to Hit). Venom Drip (Toxic 0)

BQ Shield:
Class: Melee  Dmg: 1d5   Type:  I    Pen: 0
Range:  – RoF:  –   Clip: –     Rld: –
Special: Defensive, Shield (2), Primitive (9), Best(+10 to WS)

CQ Fire Caster:
Class: Basic  Dmg: 2d10   Type:  E    Pen: 0
Range:  20 RoF:  S/–/–   Clip: 3     Rld: 3
Special: Spray, Flame, Primitive (8)

CQ Lasgun:
Class: Basic  Dmg: 1d10+3   Type:  E    Pen: 0
Range:  100m RoF:  S/3/–   Clip: 60     Rld: Half
Special: Reliable

BQ Dagger:
Class: Melee/Thrown  Dmg: 1d5+4   Type:  R    Pen: 2
Range:  5m  RoF:  –   Clip: –     Rld: –
Special: Balanced(+10 Parry), Best(+10 WS), Razor Sharp, Proven(3)

BQ Composite Bow:
Class: Basic  Dmg: 1d10+3   Type:  R    Pen: 0
Range:  50m RoF:  S/–/–   Clip: 1     Rld: Half
Special: Reliable, Powerful Draw, Barrage, Primitive (8)

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 25, 2016

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Hasaba

As they walk through the woods, Hasaba slows his pace, falling back towards the newest member of their group, the strange Zudharan called Brulgem, hoping that the strange warrior so close to the sky-priests can settle the questions that have been gnawing at his mind since he left Zudhar.

"So much of what I thought I knew about the many gods and their sky priests has been wrong. We were told that the sky priests were the favoured servants of the gods, and that the winners of the trials would be chosen to join them at the right hands of the gods, but so much of what I thought I knew has been shown wrong. Are they even servants of our gods? Did you know how the trials would end from the start, or did we fail in some way, to be sold like animals?"

His questions raised, Hasaba withdraws into silence as he follows the trail only he and Xiulan can see, waiting for Brulgem's answer.

As the party draws closer to the end of the trail that Clover left, Hasaba's warp-senses come into clarity. The psychic mass in the distance, at first a single presence, resolves into two distinct entities. "...Xiulan, do you see what I'm seeing? I can already feel the presence that changed Clover here, but it's still and empty. There's something else though, and it's not quiet. It has its own will."

Hasaba turns to address the rest of the party.

"Whatever it is that transformed Clover, it's quiescent, but it's not alone. There's something intelligent here - it might be an enemy, and it's probably not a friend. Even if we just want to go on to Jocyn, though, I think we should investigate it - if it is an enemy, there's no sense in letting it find us on its own terms."

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Olga

"Maybe it's a wizard, sneaking around the forest casting spells on people. And horses. We should kill it first."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Rinlaan

"I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with the lady here, but yes. This beast is more than it seems no matter what it pretends to be. Best be done with it so we can move into the city. We have our task, let us get it done."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

Brulgem spends most of the day trudging along at the back of the line, scanning the area for threats and humming to himself. When Hasaba falls back to talk to him, he listens carefully and quietly until the primitive is done questioning him. "Well I don't even know if we worship the same gods. Do you call them Nurgle, Khorne, Slaanesh, and Tzeentch? Your notions of your gods might not be exactly the same as they were preached to us. Though I admit, the only God I know anything about is Nurgle. His litany of perseverance, complacency, and status quo was preached to the mine workers in the north like myself. When your life is nothing by toil, pain, and eventual death, his gospel is the one most targeted to keeping such a population in line, and it certainly worked. There were never any rebellions, as Nurgle took away our pain, and we knew he loved all of us."

Brulgem stops for a moment to readjust the heavy bag of launchers on his shoulders before continuing. "As for did I know how the trial would end? Not exactly. I was duped the same as you. We were always told that the primitives that partook in the trials were to go and fight the enemies of the Dark Gods. That is the whole reason I broke tradition and was the first of the Northern folks to participate. I knew I was good at killing, I was dedicated to Nurgle, and knew the only way to serve him truly was to go and fight his enemies, not continue to murder primitives trying to explore the north. Had I known I was going to be sold to some idiot rogue trader or whatever, I probably wouldn't have wasted my time."

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

"Clover, did you notice anything when you went to the north?" Xiulan points to where the psychic disturbance is coming from. "Was there anyone strange? Was that there the special mushrooms were?" Xiulan thought to herself, maybe the horse will be able to give us some basic insight on what is to come in the trial ahead.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Clover

The horse gives what might be a confused look as Xiulan demands details and timelines that may well lie beyond its comprehension.

"Well one time a long time ago I got out and went into the trees and founds some mushrooms and they looked really tasty and I ate them because nobody could stop me from eating what I want! They tasted okay I guess but then I felt really sick and weird and I was in my house again! And this guy who gives me food was in front of me and he said "Stupid horse! What did you eat?" and I tried to tell him not to eat the mushrooms, they're a trick! But I couldn't talk like I talk now so I couldn't tell him. Oh man I hope he didn't eat the mushrooms!"

"That was a long time ago but, I can't even remember how long ago! But the other thing that happened was uhh," Clover taps the ground slowly with a hoof, counting, "two, or three, or four nights ago. One of those. That's when I felt sick for no reason and I ran away and then I met you guys. I think I told you that part. And I didn't eat any mushrooms that time! And there was fire! We should get back there before something bad happens!"

Paz

From your slightly elevated, well-concealed position in the treeline north of the farm you have a good view of everything that is going on. Familiar to your Gladian experience, it is a cluster of small buildings clustered around a larger, well-built farmhouse, owned by a rich tenant farmer or minor noble of some stripe. What looks like a stable and adjoining cottage are partially burned down ruins, while the remaining structures appear intact but uninhabited. You know this because the inhabitants are all dead, having been piled up in a shallow pit by the soldiers that got here sometime before you did around noon. They've also executed all the livestock they could find, but the much heavier carcasses are just lying where they fell in the surrounding fields for now.

The soldiers are familiar Gladian sorts, dressed in mail armour and equipped with a variety of weapons ranging from swords to las-locks, the fanciest tool of war on your world as far as you know. They seem to be common infantry, though their officers look like sterner stuff and a priest is wandering around shouting prayers and pointing at things. The soldiers seem quite busy moving things into piles which in your experience is a precursor to burning things.

It would probably be quite satisfying to lay into this mob with your newly looted chain axe but to have a chance of survival you'd need allies, which aren't present right now :iiam:

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Kaas Firbolg

The entire time they've been walking, Murik has been fighting to contain his fury and disbelief at this turn of events. At this latest flood of useless information from the horse, he snaps. His face flushes deep red, a vein standing out visibly in his forehead. He'd had enough of this idiocy.

"ENOUGH OF THIS! Have you all lost your minds? Have you forgotten where we are? We are standing in the depths of enemy territory, and instead of performing our mission we are following a gods-damned FARM ANIMAL! It is a babbling idiot, and yet we are traipsing around behind it as though it could lead us to anything of value! I will not stand for one more moment of this. We have a mission, and I intend to complete it, with or without your help. No more wasting time, no more chasing phantoms. Power, glory, and the blessings of the Gods are found on the battlefield, not laying around in the woods. If you are still worthy of being called a warrior, you will follow me."

Murik plunges off in the direction of Jocyn. Kaas stares after him for a moment, surprised; it had been months since his brother had seemed anywhere near so lucid. After a moment's hesitation, he starts after him, glancing back half-apologetically.

"You must admit, he has a point."

Alright screw this, I'd like to actually accomplish something. Heading off to Jocyn, alone if necessary.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Olga

"Hmmmmm" she thinks loudly, "This horse is pretty dumb, but that farm is so close and I bet there's someone to fight. So I'm going this way. And I'm taking the horse."

Olga wanders off in the direction of the presumed farm, leading the confused Clover away.

The squad can split, going straight to Jocyn with your nominal leader, or detour slightly to kill some natives first (and drag Paz into the murderblob).

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

"I'm gonna go with the horse, it's been awhile since we've gotten into a fight, may as well take on something a bit easier and learn how the natives are" Xiulan then turns to the horse and goes "Let's go Clover!"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
1440, Day 1 of Gladian Campaign
Geringen Farm, Gladia

Xiulan and Olga split off from the rest and take Clover with them, intent on seeking out the strange psy manifestations Xiulan can feel in the distance. The partnership between a Slaaneshi sorcerer and a Khornate anti-magic berserker might make others worried for their survival, but Olga must be too busy thinking about killing Imperial lackeys instead of her annoyingly self-obsessed, sacrilegious travelling companion. Maybe their mutual talent for hurting other people can allow an unlikely friendship to bloom? :shrug: Clover doesn't know what is going on besides going home and is happy that someone is telling him what to do.

Reaching the surprisingly well-delineated edge of the forest, Xiulan and Olga can look down the gentle slope at the remains of the farmstead with at least one burnt structure below, surrounded by various fields and paddocks dotted with dead livestock. A well-worn track works west across the landscape to Jocyn while an indeterminate amount of native soldiers mill about being busy. Xiulan confirms that the larger, more passive psy-disturbance is certainly somewhere in those buildings, while the more focused and frankly gross one is further on, outside the farm. With all the native soldiers in the farmstead, investigating the other source first seems practical, so Xiulan is able to lead Olga and the horse around the forest edge to it. It feels increasingly unpleasant and profoundly wrong as they get closer, and the source(?) is revealed when they almost trip over the most unsettling individual either of them have met, lurking in the bushes and looking down at the farm like a completely normal person. Though they are not Zudharan, they are equipped with off-world tech and are radiating pure waves of "I am an unholy abomination not of this world" which makes even Olga think twice before blinding striking at them in preemptive self-defense. It's Paz!

Going by the optimistic assumption that you're not murdering each other on sight, play out your greetings and confusion at your leisure and we can move on to the actual enemy nearby.

After some observation, the Imperial Gladians below are, by all appearances a gormless bunch equipped mostly with primitive leather and metal armour not totally unfamiliar to Zudharan standards, with matching melee weapons. Some have what look like primitive guns, and a select few have what you can identify as a type of laslock - a primitive las weapon mostly found on worlds such as this where high-tech manufacturing is impossible or extremely limited. It is essentially a lasgun which must be reloaded after each shot, so despite the limitations a good hit can still inflict horrific wounds when an arrow would be stopped by common flak armour.

The handful of officers look like a tougher bunch, full-time warriors for sure. Most notable and concerning is the presence of what could only be a priest of the dead Emperor god, an extremely loud man who hasn't stopped shouting incomprehensibly since you arrived. Besides his forceful personality, he's got a sizeable hammer which looks both impressively ornamental and perfectly lethal. He has been corralling the soldiers into moving bodies and items around in preparation for burning, a favourite pastime for Imperials according to what you've heard. It would be hard to figure out what happened if everything went up in smoke, so action needs to happen now or not at all. With all their attention focused on their work, taking the Gladians by surprise should be rather easy and with the superior weaponry, skill, and unholy power of Xiulan, Olga and Paz combined it should be simple enough to take them in combat.

If you decide to engage, you can work around the terrain and structures and get to the farmstead before they have a chance to notice you, and begin fighting. Olga wants to do this a lot. Or a more cunning mind might have a slightly more complicated battle plan.

Anyone else can say "Oh yeah I wanted to go to the farm" and join in retroactively, otherwise they're off to town to actually do the mission.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

Brulgem shrugs, "this horse is indeed stupid, you seem to know what you are doing." he then trods off after Kaas.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Paz

"Hey you two down there! It is is I, Paz. You look to be not from here? Did you bring the weapons from the sky? Paz seeks to wreak bloody revengeance upon lovely well-poisoning wizard, and lackeys of make-believe Emperor with small beady eyes. Paz also seeks new friends to replace old friends and beloved family, all killed by wizard. Will you be Paz's new best friends? We can have girls night, right now! Talk about militia boys on farm. Kill militia boys on farm. Talk about killing militia boys.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 15, 2016

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Xiulan thinks to herself, "Every witch needs her bitches..." and then says "Girls night out it is!, lets go gently caress poo poo up and talk about boys. When we get back, we'll hook up with Fernanda and get crunk." Xiulan then gets ready to jump some militia and tells Clover to be real quiet while they do their thing. "Oooh, before I forget." Xiulan concentrates on a tree, and begins to sing "Don't say a word while we dance with the devil, you brought a fire to a world so cold..." The tree catches fire and Xiulan continues her song, with a different spell "We're running out of time on a highway to never, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.." As she finishes her verse, the flames leap from the tree and hold on to her hand, as if beckoned over.

Manifest Flame vs 86: 1d100 44
Flame Gauntlet vs 76: 1d100 38

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 9, 2016

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Hasaba

Seeing Xiulan depart, Hasaba turns to the remaining members of the group.
"Something from the spirit world has come through into ours. If it's a gift to us, then to ignore it would be a grave offense to its sender - would you risk offending the gods or their servants, whose vengeance is always terrible, for the sake of a little lost time? And even if it isn't - then it's still my duty as a shaman, even as an untrained one, to investigate it, put it to use, or banish it. I'm sorry to split from the group, Kaas, but I'm going to accompany Xiulan. With luck, we won't take too long to catch up with you.

With that, Hasaba sets off after Xiulan.

As he reaches the end of the forest and sees the militia-men gathered by the farmstead, Hasaba ducks behind a tree. He pulls out his chameleoline cloak, slinging it over his shoulders, and his autopistol, which he makes sure is loaded before clipping it to his belt. Finally, he removes the protective canvas from his bow, and, prepared to fight, sets off behind Xiulan, making sure to put some cover between him and the farmstead at all times.

As they circle the edge of the forest, Hasaba's sense of unease grows - becoming a nauseating, pulsing sense of wrongness, as though something in his brain is trying to burst out and escape. This instinct is matched, though, by the bizarre sense of familiarity - which it takes him a few seconds to connect to the aura of slow but constant decay that surrounded his tribes' shrines to Onogal, the god who gave mortals the fortitude to endure their trials. When Paz finally appears, it's almost too much for him - he begins to collapse, torn between the urge to fall to his knees and retch, or the urge to fall to his knees and give praise to the gods, who so vary the forms of their champions.
Fortunately, before he falls to the the ground and risks alerting the guards on the farmstead, his mind seizes control of his runaway emotions, and he steadies himself upon one hand. Even then he can do nothing but stare, frozen by the knowledge that whatever it looks and sounds like, it is a creature of the spirit world, free on the mortal plane.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
1450, Day 1 of Gladian Campaign
Geringen Farm, Gladia

Olga, Xiulan, Hasaba and Paz spend a few moments getting to know each other, affirm the shared intent to bring destruction upon the Imperium, and carefully leave the treeline. Leaving Clover behind, they approach the farm carefully, using fences, hedges, and the occasional animal carcass as cover. Sprinting the last distance, they close in on the sheds that make up the north-western section of the farmstead and can afford to take a moment to think out the battlefield.

Squad A - Knight, 4 Veterans (Laslock)
Squad B - Sergeant, 4 Soldiers (Melee)
Squad C - Sergeant, 4 Soldiers (Flintlock)
Squad D - Sergeant, 4 Soldiers (Flintlock)
Squad E - War-Priest, 2 Shield Sisters

Players are hiding behind the indicated buildings. Distances are partially abstracted so don't stress about it :byob1:; It's more for general layout and relative positioning. The two houses being pointed at are roughly 8x4m. In general, there are enough low walls, fences, crates, debris and other junk around that cover is easy to find.

The burned-out stable and cottage lies to the northwest, a wrecked mass of timber and stone construction that looks like it was destroyed in a fierce blaze. To the north lies some enclosed paddocks, presumably for horses or other farm animals. The rest of the farmstead is partially surrounded by dense hedges.

Two shallow pits in the center of the farm are partially filled with corpses and flammable debris. There's no fire yet, but the intent is obvious.

The overall commander of the situation seems to be the Knight and his Veterans (A). The only person in full plate armour, the Knight has been ordering around the common soldiers, mostly to gather items for burning. The Veterans are better equipped than the others, and most notably have laslocks. They have wandered off to the opposite end of the farm for the moment, where a path leads to more sheds.

The soldiers doing all the actual work (B) are equipped with short spears and shields.

The gate to Jocyn is guarded by a group of gun-toting soldiers (C). Primitive black powder weapons might be a deadly threat to an unarmoured person, but you can be confident that your flak and artisan-quality gear from home will blunt their shots severely. Still, they have a decent amount of firepower (if they live long enough to reload) and the long, heavy bayonets attached mean they aren't a complete pushover in close combat either. They also look like they might have crude grenades.

Another group of Flintlocks (D) are hanging around the center of the farm behind some crates.

Visible earlier, the fierce-looking War-Priest (E) and his personal escort of two Shield Sisters have disappeared inside the farmhouse. From what Paz can recall, a War-Priest is a militant member of the Church of the Emperor, adept at preaching fiery rhetoric and responsible for violently persecuting heretics and traitors. The Shield Sisters are, as the name implies, shield-bearing bodyguards recruited from the most zealous of certain monastic orders.

B, C, and D are led by a Sergeant, an older, more experienced soldier adept at issuing orders and being aware of the battlefield. Each Sergeant seems to have at least two flintlock pistols. Each squad will stick together whenever possible, but won't necessarily all attack the same target in range. Each squad shares initiative rolled by the commander, so they always act together.

So, say what you want to do and roll initiative. Once you act overtly, combat begins with a Surprise Round. The enemy can't act, and you get +30 to hit them. Then the next round they act according to Initiative.

Pre-Combat

Olga suggests, "Kill them all." and touches her Collar of Khorne, spending 1 Infamy Point to become immune to magic for the rest of the adventure.

Clover looks nervously at the burning tree you left him with in the forest.

A Veteran points out the smoke coming from the forest to the north-east. The Knight sighs and makes to head back into the farm to give orders to investigate.

1700, Day 1 of Gladian Campaign
Jocyn, Gladia

Rinlaan, Kaas, Miruk and Brulgem dutifully continue their assigned mission, not to be distracted by talking animals or the promise of immediate bloodshed. The walk from the forest edge to Jocyn is long and slightly uncomfortable, the climate of this world considerable warmer than Zudhar. Still, what is a little too much sunshine compared to a blizzard or freezing thunderstorm? The fields are mostly fallow, and it is easy to cut across the landscape before merging onto a path which inevitably leads to Jocyn as the ground gently slopes down to the west. It's not sunset yet but the mountains visible to the west look like they are going to hide the sun soon.

Jocyn is a large-ish village, possessed of a strong and tall wooden palisade with gates at the north, east and south. The western edge is pressed against the Jocynflot River, which runs from the south. It's hard to guess how many people live inside the walls, but it must be a hundred at least. The most impressive feature, however, has to be the Temple of the Emperor which takes up part of the northern end of town. Although not exactly massive, it stands above any of the surrounding buildings and has a well-designed, clean look not at all shared by the neighbours. Even at this distance, you can make out the sculptures and scripture decorating the exterior.

The guard at the gate straightens up and gives the group closer attention than normal, probably due to the impressive amount of (visible) weapons carried.

"Alright friends, you're not farmers coming to market, then what are ya? A travelling circus?"

Which gate (north, south, west) did you approach the village at?
How do you plan to get past this minimal security?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Paz wants to chop up the soldiers labeled with the letter C.
Initiative roll: http://orokos.com/roll/445648: 5

Edit: +The Quick and the Dead=7

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 15, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

As the approach the city of jocyn, Brulgem shudders, having never seen something so ... idyllic before. "Bah, look at them," he mumbles under his breath to no one in particular. "these people are soft. Safe and secure in their homes, unaware of anything more threatening than a dull kitchen knife. We could easily roll through this village with chainsword and stubber and take out your objective, which I guess is now my objective."

As the approach the gate and are challenged by the guard, Brulgem is greatly tempted to draw his chainsword and carve the man to pieces, but he resists the temptation to see of any of the other desire to try and talk their way as close to these weapon batteries as possible. Brulgem then crooks his ear to the sky, to see if he heard anything. Surely if there were anti-aircraft weapons in this village, would they not shoot at the ship in orbit, or was it too far away?

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Well, lets get this party started, we can always weave in and out of the houses if we need. Xiulan moves towards C to make short work of the soldiers there.
init: 1d10+4 14 + quick and the dead 16

Xiulan will charge the sergeant of group C from the right flank, and keeping out of sight of group D as much as possible.
charge! vs 91: 1d100 8
damage gauntlet: 1d10+8 14 9 DoS replacing roll of 6, Primitive 7 7+8 new total 15

pre:
WS BS St Tn Ag In Pe Wp Fl IF Wounds 11/11 
41 24 35 30 42 28 35 51 53 22 Infamy 2/2

Armor: Best Quality Giant Spider Silk Robes 5 All Primitive
Weapons: Flaming Gauntlet 1d10+8 E Flame Primitive 7 Proven 3 // Fire Bolt +10 Manifest 1d10+3 Flame on 5+ DoS
         Flame Caster 2d10 E Clip 3 Reload 3 Spray Flame Primitive 8 // Vicious weapon 1d5+6 R Crippling 2 Primitive 8 Tearing Unbalanced
Talents: Iron Jaw, Bulging Biceps, Psy Rating 3
Skills: Dodge, Awareness, Psyniscience
Traits: Quick and the Dead, The Old Ways, Psyker 

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 16, 2016

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Hasaba

Staggering to his feet, Hasaba follows after Paz and Xiulan.

Initiative, +2 QaD, +3 A: 1d10+5 15

Hasaba will move to the narrow end of the nearby building, keeping to the edge where he can open fire on squad C.

Hasaba drops to one knee, his spear falling from his hands as he retrieves his bow from his back, and draws an arrow from his quiver. Drawing the taught wood and sinew as far back as he can make it go, he waits for a second to sight the best target - one of the guardsmen on the main road, far enough from the paths of Paz and Xiulan that there's no risk of shooting his allies. He waits for half a second more, lining up the path of the arrow with his target, before letting fly.

Edit: Hasaba readies his bow as a half action, dropping his spear to the ground. For his second half action, he'll target a soldier in group C - not the sergeant, since Xiulan is charging at him - with a Standard Attack.

Attack on squad C soldier, 41 BS +30 surprise, +10 standard attack, target 81: 1d100 73. One degree of success, with a hit to the body.

Damage roll, 1d10+1, +2 strength (Powerful Draw): 1d10+3 6

pre:
Wounds: 9/9      Armour: 4 Arms, Legs, Body, 3 Head.
Infamy: 2/2      Toughness Bonus: 4 All
Movement: 3/6/9/18

WS   BS    S   T    Ag   Int    Per  WP   Fel  
31   41    29  40   30   34     46   48   35

Skills: Awareness, Dodge, Psyniscience, Stealth

Talents: Double Team, Jaded, Psy Rating 3, Warp Sense, Weapon Training (Primary, SP)

Psychic Powers: Delude, Doombolt, Glimpse, Precognition, Thought Sending.

Traits: Psyker, the Old Ways, the Quick and the Dead

Wargear
Chameleoline  Cloak (+20 to Concealment, -30 to Ballistic attacks when stationary)
Psy-Focus

Weapons:
Autopistol,1d10+2I, 0 // Polearm,1d10+7R, 1, Balanced, Best, Polearm, Two-Handed, Proven(3), Composite Bow, 1d10+1R, 0, Barrage, Best, Powerful Draw, Proven (3).
Doombolt, 1d10+PsyE, 8, Psychic Barrage, Requires +0 Willpower Test.
[/quote]

Jo Joestar fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 17, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Just to clarify, this is Round 1 of combat, but you're taking them by surprise so the enemy can't do anything until the next round. So you're attacking/moving as normal, but with a +30 to hit with attacks (not Focus Power though), and the enemy can't even dodge/parry.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Paz
Paz charges at the hapless group of soldiers, her fancy new axe's toothed chain revving above her head as her shield remained close, guarding her torso.
"HEY! Emperor Priest Soldiers! If when I kill you your soul goes to the Emperor on Terra, tell him I think he has done a very bad job of being God!"

Charging at enemy. Charge+Surprise round-called shot=targt 91
roll: 60, hit
Damage: 16, pen 2, to the face. Also the guy needs to test toughness or take 1d10 for toxic.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 16, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Rinlaan

"No, no circus. Merely weary travelers seeking some rest. Perhaps we might spend the night if room can be found at the inn? I am a craftsman by trade, and know some healing arts. The others have their own talents, but I can work for my keep if you can find the work to do."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Kaas Firbolg

Murik grins at the discussion of violence, but Kaas shakes his head.

"We could almost certainly level this place, but let's make that plan B. Ideally we can deal with our objective and be gone before reinforcements arrive from the castle. If nothing else, we can get a little closer before they catch onto us."

After Rinlaan speaks to the guard, Kaas nods and motions to his weapons.

"These are dangerous times, but that's when we make most of our profit. We're traveling mercenaries, here to cast our lot in with Queen Sanne's forces. We've been walking all day, and we'd appreciate a chance to sleep under a roof for once.""

Serpent's Tongue vs 68 (Charm 63 +5 Armor): 96

Serpent's Tongue vs 68 Reroll: 39, I'll take Peer (Gladian Loyalists) or something like that.

Deceive vs 63 (53 +10 Peer): 41, 3 DoS opposed by the guard's Awareness.

I don't know if it really matters, but let's say we approached the north gate, since the temple's at the north end of town.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Geringen Farm Battle
Round 1 Heretic Surprise

Initiative:
16 Xiulan
15 Hasaba
11 Olga
9 Squad E - War-Priest, Shield Sisters
8 Squad A - Knight, Veterans (Laslock)
7 Paz
6 Squad D - Sergeant, Soldiers (Flintlock)
5 Squad C - Sergeant, Soldiers (Flintlock)
4 Squad B - Sergeant, Soldiers (Melee)

The mission was relatively simple: Investigate the farm, ascertain presence of heresy, destroy any heresy on site, wait for reinforcements. The group of gunners had considered themselves lucky as while the others handled corpses or did manual labour, they were assigned to watch the road back to town. Instead, they got to be the first victims of the eclectic bunch of killers who suddenly struck at them from the side.

Xiulan leaps in to start the battle with a handful of fire, bearing down on the unaware soldiers before they have a chance to react. Her flaming fist strikes true, and she catches the Sergeant on the right leg with a well-placed strike that also manages to catch him alight. He just has time to register that someone just punched him and set him on fire before fainting away at the unearthly sight of Paz approaching.

Hasaba opts for a more cautious approach, so instead of rushing in he looses a well-aimed arrow that catches an unwitting soldier in the chest. Despite hitting the mark, the arrow is completely stopped by the mail and padding, leaving him very much in the fight.

Olga leaps into the fray with eagerness, slashing wildly at a gaping soldier before he can react. The twin chainswords slash across his chest, and while the first strike is partially blunted by his mail armour, the second carves him wide open and sends him reeling away, numbly holding the gaping wound as blood pours out.

Paz catches up with Olga and Xiulan a second later, cleaving at an unfortunate soldier's neck with expert precision. For a person who had only picked up a chainaxe just the other day she is remarkably good at it, as the chainaxe effortlessly slices through the thin neck protection and neck itself, sending the helmeted head spinning away into the air, landing 18m away in the roadside hedge to the west. A gout of blood and gore sprays over the collected heretics and loyalists, blinding the eyes of those too slow to see it coming. The head-removal and blood fount is done in a manner that Khorne would find exceptionally pleasing, but Nurgle isn't particularly impressed by that sort of thing.

Inside the farm, the assembled soldiers react to the supernatural aura of horror projected by Paz in a variety of ways. The Sergeant of the other gunner squad sinks to his knees, clutches at a holy symbol and blankly mutters prayers instead of giving orders, one follower faints in sheer shock, while another just collapses and starts screaming incessantly. A third loses whatever composure they might have had and makes ready to bolt, leaving a single gunner in possession of their wits. The melee group further in gives a few shouts of shock and revulsion, but one simply freezes and stares in mute horror.

The Zudhar heretics have made a grand entrance, but the shock of their appearance will wear off soon and the loyal Gladians will do their best to destroy them in the name of the Emperor!

Xiulan Charges, hits and does 8 damage to Squad C Sergeant and sets him on fire. :supaburn:
Hasaba does a Single Shot and hits, but the armour and toughness absorbs all the damage to Squad C Soldier 2. Since you initiated combat you have whatever weapon you wanted out, so consider the spear sheathed.
Olga Charges, hits with Kaali (76 vs 91 ) and does 6 damage to Squad C Soldier 3, who fails Toughness and takes an extra 1 damage from Toxic. Olga hits again with Salaatti (23 vs 86 ) and does 10 damage, Soldier 3 passes Toughness but still suffers -7 Rending Critical to the Body (guts are falling out) and suffers Blood Loss.
Paz Charges, hits and does 15 damage to Squad C Soldier 4, who fails Toughness and takes an extra 6 damage from Toxic, rendering him very dead. Tearing + Flesh Render actually rolls 3 dice, I rolled a third and only got a 4 so the previous damage result stands.
The gout of blood from his decapitation goes everywhere, Olga, Xiulan and Paz must make a +0 Agility test or take -10 on Weapon/Ballistic Tests next round due to being partially blinded by gore.
Because of initative all heretics get to go again before Squads B, C and D!

Fear Results:
Squad B - Soldier 2 frozen in terror, Soldier 3 badly startled (half action only next turn), Soldier 4 shaking with fear (-10 to everything until they Snap Out)
Squad C - Sergeant faints, Soldiers 3 and 4 frozen in terror
Squad D - Sergeant incapacitated, Soldier 1 faints, Solder 3 incapacitated, Soldier 4 flees in terror

End of Round 1 Summary:
Squad A - Wondering why everyone is suddenly screaming.
Squad B - Soldier 2 is frozen in fear, everyone else shaken but ready to fight.
Squad C - Sergeant is unconscious and on fire, Soldier 3 is catatonic and dying, Soldier 4 has no head, Soldiers 1, 2 are ready to fight.
Squad D - In cover, Sergeant and Soldiers 1, 3, 4 useless in combat, Soldier 2 ready to fight.
Squad E - Unseen, inside farmhouse?

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 17, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
1700, Day 1 of Gladian Campaign
Jocyn, Gladia

The gate guard considers the bunch in front of him: Heavily armed and armoured, foreign-looking, it checks out. :shepface:

"Mercenaries then? Hmmph, you missed the muster, went out weeks ago. You're going to have to head to the Jocynmaast if you want to join up with the next one, or go find the battle on your own. Don't know about mercenaries myself but if you''re willing to spill traitor blood that's good enough for anyone, far as I care. Chirurgeon." he nods politely at Rinlaan, "Not much work for you right now, things are quiet right now. All the ruffians and ne'er-do-wells got rounded up and off with the militia, makes my job easier."

"Right then, welcome to Jocyn, keep your weapons and hands to yourself and you won't have any problems. The Temple as you see is our pride and joy, serves all your spiritual needs, don't mind the lightning and thunder if it starts up again, that's the Emperor's blessing upon us even if it keeps you up all night before your shift. The Crooked Shepard is down the way on the left and has room and board. Magistrate's office is across the square if you have any official business."

While the rest of Jocyn is largely crude wooden and stone shacks and houses pressed against each other in the dirt, the Temple is a true monument, a soaring bell tower striking the sky and the grounds taking up a significant amount of space. It has its own serviceable stonework wall separating itself from the surrounding village, creating the impression of a slime mould growing around a rock.

Kaas - Serpent's Tongue gets you Peer with the soldiers, landed nobility and common people of Gladia - the bearing of an experienced native soldier gets their respect. The highly specialised and off-world influenced such as the Ecclesiarchy are not affected.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Hasaba

Cursing his bad fortune, the corpse-god of the Imperium, and the shade of the now-dead man who'd made his arrows, Hasaba lowers his bow-arm, swearing that at the next chance he got, he would ask the machine-woman for arrows made for hunting men, rather than beasts. Staring with venom in his eyes at the soldier who'd barely noticed the arrow protruding from his chest, he reaches inside his pocket to grasp his talisman and begins to focus his mind, feeling the power of the Warp flow into him. Between Hasaba and his target, a huge ball of warp-fire ripples into existence, splitting into three spheres before shrieking off at the remaining soldiers.

That's an unfettered Doombolt, with a base willpower of 48, a psy-focus for +10, and an unfettered Psy rating of 3 for +15, so a target number of 73, aimed at soldier 2.

Unfettered Doombolt: 1d100 1
I think that means 8 degrees of success. Doombolt is a psychic barrage, so it gets an additional hit for every 2 degrees of success over the first, but it's limited to 3 shots by Hasaba's psy rating. 3 doombolts is probably overkill for one man, so provided that there's another soldier left standing within 2 metres of my target, and within line of sight, I'll redirect the third doombolt to him.

Doombolt #1: 1d10+3 7
Doombolt #2: 1d10+3 12
Doombolt #3: 1d10+3 7

Hasaba uses his remaining half-action to reload his bow.

Jo Joestar fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Xiulan, ever the showboat, decides to do something fun with her target. She stands over the passed out body of the sergeant and yells at the top of her lungs, "I'm like a firecracker and I make things hot!" The flames covering the dying man form a ring around the girls with Xiulan at the center. "Everyone all eyes on me in the center of this ring! When I snap my fingers, everyone gonna trip!" The flames on Xiulan's hands float into the air as she runs her hand along the curves of her body and reaches into the flames with an upraised hand. With a snap, the flames rush to her elbow as she drops hard onto the neck of the fallen sergeant, snapping his head right off of his body and flipping back on her feet to catch the head as it flies into the air. "There's only two kinds of guys out there, ones that can hang with me and ones that are scared, so I hope you all came prepared!" Xiulan stretches out her hand, welcoming any soldiers to join the group and proclaiming. "Don't just stand there watching me, follow me, show me what you can do! Everybody let go, we can make a warband right now!"

Coup De Grace: 2d10m3+8 23
Zealous Hatred: 1d10 6
Wrasslin Charm: 1d100 38

pre:
WS BS St Tn Ag In Pe Wp Fl IF Wounds 11/11 
41 24 35 30 42 28 35 51 53 22 Infamy 2/2

Armor: Best Quality Giant Spider Silk Robes 3 Head/4 Others Primitive
Weapons: Flaming Gauntlet 1d10+8 E Flame Primitive 7 Proven 3 // Fire Bolt +10 Manifest 1d10+3 Flame on 5+ DoS
         Flame Caster 2d10 E Clip 3 Reload 3 Spray Flame Primitive 8 // Vicious weapon 1d5+6 R Crippling 2 Primitive 8 Tearing Unbalanced
Talents: Iron Jaw, Bulging Biceps, Psy Rating 3
Skills: Dodge, Awareness, Psyniscience
Traits: Quick and the Dead, The Old Ways, Psyker 

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 21, 2016

• Locked thread