Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

The squad goes digging through the various bits of gear. While data slates, clothing, and grapnels are quickly grabbed, most of the squad leaves the tarps full of camping material alone. Unnoticed, one of the duffel bags that is supposed to have tent canvas in it starts to wobble back and forth. It isn't until a blade thrusts through the canvas and rips a hole in it does anyone notice anything out of the ordinary. The knife retracts back into the bag, and a split second later a large figure bursts out of the bag, waiving around a large firearm at the group.

After a split second the man lowers the weapon and smiles. "Thanks be to Nurgle that you all are also from Zudhar! I thought I was stowing away with one of the other tribes, and would have to gun them all down! I am known as Brulgem, The Dire Bear. I hail from the northern wastes of Zudhar, where all the mining occurred, not the lower parts of the world like you. As such I have been indoctrinated into direct service of the Astartes since birth!"

Brulgem starts to take a look at the gear, thankful that there is an extra set of local clothing. "They were going to waste my talents up on the ship by going down into the bilge and to hunt down the clans down there! If I wanted to spend my days killing primitive idiots I would have stayed on Zudhar killing folks like yourself trying to venture too far north. I did the trials to fight the enemies of Nurgle. So I stowed away on this drop pod."

Brulgem's eyes fall on the missile launchers. "Oh yes, these will do nicely." He takes the tubes, puts them in a spare duffel bag, and slings them on his back. "So what is our mission? And who is in charge here?"

I'll take all six missile launchers. Let us Heavy weapons this poo poo. Though I don't have weapon training launcher. I'll also take the grenades if no one wants them.

pre:
Name: Brulgem, The Dire Bear
Archetype: Renegade
Alignment: Nurgle
Pride: Fortitude
Disgrace: Destruction
Motivation: Vengeance

Characteristics:
WS: 38=25 +10+3[archetype]
BS:  40=25+12+3[archetype]
S:   35=25+10
T:   48=25+18+5 [pride]
Ag:  38=25+16-3[pride]
Int: 38=25+16-3[pride]
Per: 26=25+6-5[motivation]
WP:  33=25+8
Fel: 25=25+4-4[Disgrace]

Wounds: 13+2[motivation]
Infamy: 24=22+2[disgrace]
IP: 2/2
CP: 

Skills:
Athletics
awareness
Dodge +10
parry
Intimidate
Common lore (war, imperium, screaming vortex)
Scholasitc lore (tactica Imperialis)
Operate (surface)
Linguistics (low Gothic)
trade (armorer)
Tech use
Survival

Talents:
Jaded
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Weapon Training (Chain, Flame, Las, Primary, SP)
Weapon Training (Bolt) 
Catfall
Marksman
Double Team
Hip Shooting
Bulging biceps (Skeletal)
Iron jaw (Skeletal)
Cursed heirloom
Nerves of steel
Fearless

Traits:
The Old Ways
The Quick and the Dead

Gear:
Best Dagger
Common Flak Armour (4 AP All, 5 AP vs Blast)
skeletal petrification
Common Chainsword 
Good Stub Rifle /w read dot laser sight (free weapon upgrade)
Best quality impaler crossbow
-10 bolts and six harpoons
Best quality fire caster
-4 Fire Flasks, 2 Tox Flasks and 2 Dream Flasks
Medikit

Heavy Stubber /w spread limiter (CURSED HEIRLOOM)
Bloodthirsty: when kill must make WP or else shoot corpse.

Advances:  950/1000
cursed heirloom 250
nerves of steel 300 (true)
fearless 400 (true)
cursed heirloom roll: 1d5 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

Brulgem is about to make some insightful comment about how one is not a leader just because they can lead men and women in battle when a talking horse comes up, and one of the group give it alcohol. Brulgem stands in stunned silence for longer than he would like to admit, before he shakes himself out of it. He brings his hunting rifle up, and flips on the red dot sight and begins to scan their surroundings. "Be on your guard! While unorthodox, this thing might be a distraction from the enemy. Scan for anyone else!"

Brulgem's only way to handle this is to assume it is an ambush. Awareness at 26 to see if anyone is watching or if this is about to become South Park's Woodland Critter Christmas.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

"I am for whatever path gets us to the warfare fastest," Brulgem says, placing his heavy stubber in the canvas bag with his hunting rifle and the missile tubes. He does keep his boiler cannon and impailer crossbow at the ready; they should be primitive enough to blend in on this world, though he was still itching to put his stubber to use.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

Brulgem spends most of the day trudging along at the back of the line, scanning the area for threats and humming to himself. When Hasaba falls back to talk to him, he listens carefully and quietly until the primitive is done questioning him. "Well I don't even know if we worship the same gods. Do you call them Nurgle, Khorne, Slaanesh, and Tzeentch? Your notions of your gods might not be exactly the same as they were preached to us. Though I admit, the only God I know anything about is Nurgle. His litany of perseverance, complacency, and status quo was preached to the mine workers in the north like myself. When your life is nothing by toil, pain, and eventual death, his gospel is the one most targeted to keeping such a population in line, and it certainly worked. There were never any rebellions, as Nurgle took away our pain, and we knew he loved all of us."

Brulgem stops for a moment to readjust the heavy bag of launchers on his shoulders before continuing. "As for did I know how the trial would end? Not exactly. I was duped the same as you. We were always told that the primitives that partook in the trials were to go and fight the enemies of the Dark Gods. That is the whole reason I broke tradition and was the first of the Northern folks to participate. I knew I was good at killing, I was dedicated to Nurgle, and knew the only way to serve him truly was to go and fight his enemies, not continue to murder primitives trying to explore the north. Had I known I was going to be sold to some idiot rogue trader or whatever, I probably wouldn't have wasted my time."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

Brulgem shrugs, "this horse is indeed stupid, you seem to know what you are doing." he then trods off after Kaas.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

As the approach the city of jocyn, Brulgem shudders, having never seen something so ... idyllic before. "Bah, look at them," he mumbles under his breath to no one in particular. "these people are soft. Safe and secure in their homes, unaware of anything more threatening than a dull kitchen knife. We could easily roll through this village with chainsword and stubber and take out your objective, which I guess is now my objective."

As the approach the gate and are challenged by the guard, Brulgem is greatly tempted to draw his chainsword and carve the man to pieces, but he resists the temptation to see of any of the other desire to try and talk their way as close to these weapon batteries as possible. Brulgem then crooks his ear to the sky, to see if he heard anything. Surely if there were anti-aircraft weapons in this village, would they not shoot at the ship in orbit, or was it too far away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Brulgem, The Dire Bear

Brulgem nods at Kass. "Yes, I believe that we should try to at least recon the area. We may be lucky and the anti-air weapons are out in the open, and we can just launch a missile or two at it." He punctuates his point by patting the large canvas bag with the six tubes in it.

Okay, seriously, I do want to know if we are seeing/hearing AA guns going off at all.

• Locked thread