Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Karl Urban deserved an oscar for that scowl. He was so loving unhappy and not going to put up with your poo poo from opening title to closing credits. I could go for more Dredd and another John Wick which it seems like we're gonna get so fuckin yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
There should be a reverse GTA game for Judge Dredd, where instead of trying to commit crimes all over town and fleeing the cops, you're a judge in a city with crimes being committed all over town, apprehending criminals and making snap judgements with full authority.

Not that Dredd Vs Death game from the 2000s

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Am I misremembering but wasn't the initial trilogy plan to have Dredd go up against the pro-Democracy chick in movie 2 and against Death in movie 3?

And yeah, add me to the list of people who wish they saw it in theatres, but the marketing was loving awful. As I recall they actually promoted the movie specifically as "Dredd 3D" at the exact point in time when people were getting real fed up with that gimmick.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 24, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
If you spend all of five minutes with Google about this, you can find all the reasons how and why Marketing hosed up on Dredd.

And then you can spend another 3 minutes and see how well it did in DVD, rental and, let's say, the secondary market.

It's not any sort of surprise that a film, that no one knows about, doesn't do well in theaters.

Dredd is just another in a long line of films that had this poo poo happen to. See the "Evil Dead" filmography.

And then look to where it is now.

Dredd needs a "Proper" sequel.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Here is an explanation why Dredd 2 is likely not going to happen from the executive producer. . . who is dressed like "The Crow" for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWP88WKVBKs

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I saw Dredd because of the recommendations in CineD and it was awesome.

It manages to make blood splatters look beautiful.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Pipski posted:

I would like them to make this:

I mean, it couldn't be any worse than the aliens versus predator films.

(from an old SA photoshop thread)

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Karl Urban is my waifu

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Blistex posted:

Here is an explanation why Dredd 2 is likely not going to happen from the executive producer. . . who is dressed like "The Crow" for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWP88WKVBKs

I used to not like this guy, because he'd show up to interviews with a black suit and tie, but still have that stupid eye makeup on. However this was actually really interesting, and is enough to change my opinion.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Money.

It changes poo poo.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i unironically love this movies outright glorification of fascism and violence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECH1Gq3J_bQ

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

The blood splatters were also practical effects.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
Dredd is the only good comic book movie ever made.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

This poo poo needs a sequel. I've watched it, some seven or eight times. It's fun, it's action packed and it is done in a manner commiserate with the source material.

Here's what it is going to take. LGF, or for the no stock trader, Lion's gate films, needs its poo poo rearranged.

After finding out the David Cronenberg is a part of this poo poo, it really needs to be rearranged. As a director this loving cock spank hasn't done poo poo since 1991.

As a writer there isn't poo poo. Even as a producer he sucks the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat.

Do you want to see Karl Urban wreck poo poo in a futuristic hellscape?

Buy some loving stock. I really don't want to, but gently caress, if I don't want to see more one what I enjoy.

And Dredd is it.

20 years in the isocubes, numb nuts.

gently caress yes!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Egbert Souse posted:

I was actually open-mouthed in awe of that dude that got shot through the cheek and it exploded into glittery red and the splatter actually went over the top of the widescreen bar at the bottom.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
They should just do a netflix series like the comics and each week Dredd fucks up another loser.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'd like to see them try that just to see them work around budget limitations. Plus the limitations might force them to be more creative in their plotting, even if it'd likely boil down to "Dredd shoots up another gang" in each episode.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

I'd like to see them try that just to see them work around budget limitations. Plus the limitations might force them to be more creative in their plotting, even if it'd likely boil down to "Dredd shoots up another gang" in each episode.

you don't know who dredd is, do you

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

What's this?! Centennials protesting wage inequality?! Judgement is... DEATH!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im watching this movie again, right now

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

FuhrerHat posted:

im watching this movie again, right now

pretty good eh?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jeff Sichoe posted:

They should just do a netflix series like the comics and each week Dredd fucks up another loser.

I liked the fat person cult in the comics.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

dredd movies old and new are boring and dumb

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Honestly, this is a great idea.

We have every cop drama we could ever want.

An over the top cop action series would be good as well.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
When my dad first started smoking weed again, we blazed out and watched Dredd. When it was over, he just kind of turned his head and said all glass-eyed "That was a hell of a fun movie." So it gets the mid-60s High-Dad seal of approval.

Also it really does need a sequel - the comics were really hard to capture well on film: they're very silly at times, in kind of a Mad Magazine satirical way (some of the comics are at an almost Idiocracy level of dystopian parody) so the fact they managed to create a legitimately well-done universe inspired by the comics is kind of amazing.

I want to see a movie set in more of Megacity One; the first 15 minutes of Dredd are awesome. I love the little background details, like the fat idiot spreading the blood around on the inept little cleaning machine after the mall hostages.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tumble posted:

I want to see a movie set in more of Megacity One; the first 15 minutes of Dredd are awesome. I love the little background details, like the fat idiot spreading the blood around on the inept little cleaning machine after the mall hostages.

The food court will reopen in half a hour

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
Every episode would start with Dredd waking up from his sleep cube and his mandatory 2 hours hyper-sleep each night.

There would be a cool camera trick to obscure his face when he puts his helmet on.

As he signs out his Lawgiver, fires up his Lawmaster and rides out of the garage parking lot he responds to his first call.

*Dredd Responding*
Would be the name of the show.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
also like in cool 80's movies there would be a titty shot every episode

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Every episode would start with Dredd waking up from his sleep cube and his mandatory 2 hours hyper-sleep each night.

There would be a cool camera trick to obscure his face when he puts his helmet on.

As he signs out his Lawgiver, fires up his Lawmaster and rides out of the garage parking lot he responds to his first call.

*Dredd Responding*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lol

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Lastgirl posted:

imagine if she could mindfuck you

but sexually :heysexy:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jeff Sichoe posted:

*Dredd Responding*

Where can I inves.....

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

Where can I inves.....

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
What's next for CHAPPiE?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Agag posted:

What's next for CHAPPiE?

who the gently caress is chappie?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Much as I love Dredd, Strontium Dogs would make for a better series imo. Johnny Alpha and the lads bring some guy in each week. Everyone loves a bounty hunter show, especially with a slightly troubled main character.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Agag posted:

What's next for CHAPPiE?

Scrap heap, that film was awful.

The idea of a learning AI brought up from birth was brilliant, the execution was shite and letting Die Antwoord have creative control over set design and soundtrack was a baaaaad idea. Also Ninja looks like he could barely hold the prop guns, let alone a real one and be able to shoot it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I feel bad for Karl Urban cuz everything the is the lead on is really good but nobody watches it: see Dredd and Almost Human

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

gannyGrabber posted:

I feel bad for Karl Urban cuz everything the is the lead on is really good but nobody watches it: see Dredd and Almost Human

dw, Karl Urban will be great in the sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Finally!

• Locked thread