Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

satanic splash-back posted:

Wow. That is extremely thoughtful and provocative. It is full of eloquent and effective arguments and not at all the product of mental illness.

mental illness or :rock: illness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

1redflag posted:

Rock you like a hurricane! #Scorpions #areyoureadybaby

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

poopnanners posted:

Uncertain if I should misdirect my rage at fat women or OP.

You can't be sure that OP isn't a fat woman.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

In for a jc penny, in for 700lb.

Aug 4, 2010

stop eating cakes you fat fucks

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Saw this thread again and came back to tell op to suck a dick up til he hiccup

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
How come there's never fat guys in these movements

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I feel like secure and confident people who are totally happy with their lives don't have to write inspirational phrases about loving themselves on sticky notes to put on their mirror.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

why is gbs obsessed with fat people eating ham? Ham is one of the lowest calorie meats that exist. A pound of smoked ham can have like less than 500 calories.

:goonsay: :btroll:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mariana Horchata posted:

ya i know...not only uglier than the devils rear end but she's crazier than hell as well!

http://www.xojane.com/relationships/im-going-back-to-therapy-and-maybe-you-should-too

:allears:

:suicide:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

ArbitraryC posted:

How come there's never fat guys in these movements

Patriarchy swings both ways

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I just wanna make youtube videos of me writing "I am beautiful" on my floppy moobs and bloated gut like everyone else you know

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I don't know who any of those women are nor do I care about what they have to say.

Namaste

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kilmers Elbow posted:

In for a jc penny, in for 700lb.

:drat:

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OP are you lasagna man?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Op is here and queer and I'm used to it

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

im gaye posted:

#HereIAm

#NearTheHam

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Does "self love enthusiast" mean she is really into whackin off cause then I'm one too

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Nooner posted:

Does "self love enthusiast" mean she is really into whackin off cause then I'm one too

No, it means she loves herself as a person you loving perv.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

PinkoBastard posted:

Saw this thread again and came back to tell op to suck a dick up til he hiccup

Sorry for talking poo poo about your purple haired Barney troon waifu.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

As an ugly person it disgusts me to see other ugly people without the proper amount of shame and self hatred

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
again on my own

e:poo poo that isn't even the lyrcs

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

HarlanHell posted:

Sorry for talking poo poo about your purple haired Barney troon waifu.

Get therapy dude

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

The dog is actually a part of her, like the final form of the creature in the movie The Thing.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

That was one of the more baffling ads that I've ever seen. It's dolorous and brittle. It's like the Negaverse version of one of those old Bennetton ads where it's just a whole bunch of albino black people hanging out.

Like, I get it if JCPenny wants to say, "hi everybody, we stock decent plus size clothes, not just muu-muus to make you look like whatsername from the Drew Carey Show". However, the ad is too long and too overly serious. I feel like it would make potential customers feel self-conscious all over again. It's also weird to hitch a ride on the Fat Acceptance truck - they're only really speaking to a tiny portion of the world.

Why not just show plus size models dressing nicely and having fun? Go out of their way to not make it look like a Statement. Or, if there is going to be a Statement, then just be fast and funny. Don't pretend like this is that Werner Herzog PSA about texting while driving.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheWeepingHorse posted:

That was one of the more baffling ads that I've ever seen. It's dolorous and brittle. It's like the Negaverse version of one of those old Bennetton ads where it's just a whole bunch of albino black people hanging out.

Like, I get it if JCPenny wants to say, "hi everybody, we stock decent plus size clothes, not just muu-muus to make you look like whatsername from the Drew Carey Show". However, the ad is too long and too overly serious. I feel like it would make potential customers feel self-conscious all over again. It's also weird to hitch a ride on the Fat Acceptance truck - they're only really speaking to a tiny portion of the world.

Why not just show plus size models dressing nicely and having fun? Go out of their way to not make it look like a Statement. Or, if there is going to be a Statement, then just be fast and funny. Don't pretend like this is that Werner Herzog PSA about texting while driving.

damb nigga you should be on the marketing team for jc penny fat clothes

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
How can something so large think it cant be seen?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Carmant posted:

As an ugly person it disgusts me to see other ugly people without the proper amount of shame and self hatred

you're mainly ugly on the inside, carmant

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do JC Penny charge more for clothes for the morbidly obese? like a small must be half the material of an XXXL, so if they don't they are cheating workers and government.

I am asking for a friend (Pinkobastard)

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

satanic splash-back posted:

Wow. That is extremely thoughtful and provocative. It is full of eloquent and effective arguments and not at all the product of mental illness.

counterpoint: fat people are disgusting

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Actually they sell them at a loss because they're thankful, so very very thankful, that fat people are wearing clothes.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Actually they sell them at a loss because they're thankful, so very very thankful, that fat people are wearing clothes.

This makes sense, and is almost like a charitable donation.

HarlanHell posted:

Well I'm hoping that by starting this white knight thread I can finally sweep one of these blubbery beauties off of her gout ridden feet.

I hope your forklift can take it.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Carmant posted:

Ugly people are cool, and should find pride in themselves. A morbidly obese person on the other hand should never be proud of the fact that they are literally bigger than three other humans combined. Its OK to be fat. Its OK to be proud. Its not OK to be proud of being fat. Especially if that pride leads to a smug attitude, and the delusion that you are just as healthy as you would be if you were a normal weight.

dadada123
Sep 3, 2014

HarlanHell posted:

JC Penny has launched a fabulous new video that has really opened my eyes, and I want to share their inspirational message with my fellow goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlvtCzJPaQ

Things I learned.

The video opens big by letting us know that being a able to fit through human doors, and the ability to walk 10 feet without supplemental oxygen has no baring on a persons happiness.

It then drops a truth bomb that blew my mind. Being a glutinous immobile Crisco shaped blob isn't the problem. Its societies fault for not treating these women like the rotund ham stuffed goddesses they truly are.

Just because a 700lb woman paints a bulls eye on her rear end by wearing pastels, dying her hair bright purple, and looking like Barney in the middle of a sex change it does not give you the right to make her a target!

Even if you look like someone stuck your head on a baby hippos body you can still be surprisingly flexible.

If a disturbingly obese woman tells you she is beautiful, and healthy you have to accept that, or you are wrong and a monster.

Fat girls can do normal human activities, and this is an amazing achievement because they are totally just a pretty, and healthy as the rest of us. It takes a massive amount of bravery to rock climb after being fat shamed for falling off the wall and crushing a family of four last time you tried. Get back up there, and GO GIRL!

They aren't trying to hide, not that they could if they wanted to. Their radiant folds would come oozing out from behind even the roundest of trees.

You can't ignore them, because even if you are able to block out the fleshy ball of viscera taking up 80% of the room they are going to be loud and brightly colored too.

Fat chicks can feel good no matter how lovely they really feel on the inside. Its really just society that is doing this to them.

So to wrap up. Delusion is greater than reality. If you don't like your reality pretend it doesn't exist, because anything is a better option than self control, moderation, and exercise.

BIG LOUD AND PROUD

shut the hell up man. not reading all that

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HarlanHell posted:

Ugly people are cool, and should find pride in themselves. A morbidly obese person on the other hand should never be proud of the fact that they are literally bigger than three other humans combined. Its OK to be fat. Its OK to be proud. Its not OK to be proud of being fat. Especially if that pride leads to a smug attitude, and the delusion that you are just as healthy as you would be if you were a normal weight.

Being ugly is not a choice, being morbidly obese is.

You see many ugly people in the Central African Republic, just like in any western country, but where are all the obese people there due to "genetics"?

Yeah checkmate fatties.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Ronald_Raygun posted:

OP is literally garbage.

Again OP, we beseech you: Shut the gently caress Up

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Ronald_Raygun posted:

In SA's golden age effort posting was required. In TYOOL 2016 the op should just post a link, or a meme after the title. Anything more than two sentences, and the Adderall generation will lose its poo poo.

dadada123
Sep 3, 2014

Smiling Mandrill posted:

In SA's golden age effort posting was required. In TYOOL 2016 the op should just post a link, or a meme after the title. Anything more than two sentences, and the Adderall generation will lose its poo poo.

Im a millennial and probably smarter than you

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Ronald_Raygun posted:

Im a millennial and probably smarter than you

Only a retard would post about how smart they are on an internet forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dadada123
Sep 3, 2014

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Only a retard would post about how smart they are on an internet forum.

• Locked thread