Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
My favorite FTL jump-drive explanation is that jumps get longer and more efficient the farther you are from a gravity well. So it might not work at all when you're on a planet, it might take you a couple jumps to leave your planet's orbit, a couple more to leave your solar system, but from there you're one jump from a bunch of solar systems. I mean THIS game doesn't have any such explanation, but it's a nice way to sweep all the distance problems under the rug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

An A-Wing took out the Super Star Destroyer, but we all know it was caused by a cowardly suicide bomber pilot! FUSELAGE

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
A starfighter is just a fuselage that hasn't had the less deadly bits shot off yet.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So in this universe space is filled with air or did I miss something with our protagonist sitting on an asteroid with no helmet/headgear whatsoever? :confused:

The whole game is a snuggie-induced nightmare experienced by Mertens as he fitfully sleeps through people being shoved out the airlock directly across the wall from his bunk.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It's over! If anyone needs me I'll just be sitting on the moping rock.

• Locked thread