Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Yeah I checked to make sure they weren't the same dude a few times

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I can show you a REAL tunnel snake, Nancy.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

come on now john ralphio's 'do never moved

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I like how Barb disappeared, her mom was like "just have her call me when you see her," and then that's pretty much where everyone stopped actually giving a poo poo about her existing at all. Yeah, her friend was briefly emotional like "aww I'm sad Barb's gone" to herself a couple of times, but that was pretty much the extent of it. RIP Barb

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

nickhimself posted:

I like how Barb disappeared, her mom was like "just have her call me when you see her," and then that's pretty much where everyone stopped actually giving a poo poo about her existing at all. Yeah, her friend was briefly emotional like "aww I'm sad Barb's gone" to herself a couple of times, but that was pretty much the extent of it. RIP Barb

"Hi, Mrs. Barb's mom? Your daughter's body was found in an alternate reality as a sort of host/hive for the larva of multidimensional predators. Sorry for your loss, don't dress your next kid as stupid."

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Nazzadan posted:

"Hi, Mrs. Barb's mom? Your daughter's body was found in an alternate reality as a sort of host/hive for the larva of multidimensional predators. Sorry for your loss, don't dress your next kid as stupid."

no one cares about the nerd chick... in a twist of horror fate, the chick that was actually getting banged didn't get murdered!!!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I asked this question in the "Bad Places To Be In An Action Movie" thread.

Has any character in any show or movie ever had a good result when they attach a retrieval cable to them? I feel like they draw back a bloody cable/rope every time, like that scientist they sent into the portal for the first time.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Tumble posted:

Has any character in any show or movie ever had a good result when they attach a retrieval cable to them? I feel like they draw back a bloody cable/rope every time, like that scientist they sent into the portal for the first time.

I know I've seen it work where it was a close call, but I'm blanking on specifics.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Germstore posted:

I know I've seen it work where it was a close call, but I'm blanking on specifics.

It only works if the person on the rope has a name.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
I think it worked in Gravity during the exposition

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Longshot007 posted:

It only works if the person on the rope has a name.

CAROL ANNE

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Tumble posted:

The original Poltergeist had a good result with that

EDIT: Too slow!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtvXs7uKK0U

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Watched it over the weekend it was very nice but why did they use that Moby song at the end, were they afraid of it being too good???

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Also nobody explained to them that the timer for being able to use Elegia was reset by that Kojima trailer for MGSV very sad but still good effort by neo-goonie show.

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

It reminded me of Phantasm.

That's a good thing.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

nickhimself posted:

Someone over on AV Club (yeah, I know, but bear with me) suggested it was a good reversal of the '80s horror-movie "horny teens get got because they're too distracted by loving" trope. Nancy is safe because she's inside boning Steve, while prim and good Barb sits and waits outside...leaving her as basically a sitting duck for the Demogorgon.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
With all the support it's seeing, I think season 2 could be incredible.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

someone please acknowledge that the actor who played the sheriff could voice over Han Solo's original script in star wars and be audibly indistiguishable from harrison ford

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
the kids are great especially gaptooth and the girl

the 2nd half of the series with the teen romance/drama dragged imo, they should have focused on the kids and the adults

I'll tune into S2 but I won't expect much as these shows are always best at first while learning everyones motivations backstories etc

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Internaut! posted:

I'll tune into S2 but I won't expect much as these shows are always best at first while learning everyones motivations backstories etc

This is kind of Netflix's True Detective, I think. Expect season 2 to be a different story in a different setting.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I thought that's what would happen until the last minute when Mike went and threw up the worm in the sink. I would at least think the Sheriff and 11 will be back once poo poo hits the fan when the worm gets into the city's water supply and people start flipping out.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ork of Fiction posted:

This is kind of Netflix's True Detective, I think. Expect season 2 to be a different story in a different setting.

The Duffer Brothers already have said that S2 will carry on from S1, same characters and all.

(They also basically came out and said they cast Winona Ryder as Joyce because they enjoyed her and her acting in Beetlejuice and Little Women. I was the same way, except I preferred Bram Stoker's Dracula.)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the setup for a contiguous second season is obvious you'd have to be retarded to think they were going to be separate from one another

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

also

Uncle Salty posted:

Winona Forever

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Troy Queef posted:

The Duffer Brothers already have said that S2 will carry on from S1, same characters and all.

(They also basically came out and said they cast Winona Ryder as Joyce because they enjoyed her and her acting in Beetlejuice and Little Women. I was the same way, except I preferred Bram Stoker's Dracula.)

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Last episode spoiler

When Mike kisses Eleven. That girl nailed it with her confusion and then the little smile. A very :3: moment

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Junkfist posted:

Watched it over the weekend it was very nice but why did they use that Moby song at the end, were they afraid of it being too good???

SUCK MY BALLS THAT IS A GREAT SONG

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Right you are, Ken.

Also this deserves a repost from TVIV:

drunkill posted:

So, this appeared in Melbourne Australia last week, apparently caused a stir and made Taylor swift fans angry. Someone went out a few nights later and repainted it to Harambe and spongebob:

Anyway, this happened (painted over now again as something else)
https://twitter.com/NetflixANZ/status/756033316332064768

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Ork of Fiction posted:

That girl is coming back tho, otherwise they wouldn't have wasted time with that shot of the sheriff putting eggos in a box

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Stinky_Pete posted:

That girl is coming back tho, otherwise they wouldn't have wasted time with that shot of the sheriff putting eggos in a box

SPOILER FFS FUCKMAN

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Stinky_Pete posted:

hes just feeding the wood ducks duh

The Beave
Feb 4, 2004

ladies...

Troy Queef posted:

Great news!

Any word on a timeline for it?

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
did Winona get a nose job at some point? I thought she was almost unrecognizable in this, but maybe that's because she wasn't wearing a ton of eye makeup either.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

psychokitty posted:

SUCK MY BALLS THAT IS A GREAT SONG

It's weepy garbage from the late 90s that didn't fit the tone of the scene eat my poo poo gently caress you suck my cum I look forward to the next season which they said "is more like a sequel than a new season" even though it has the same characters hm very interesting.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Junkfist posted:

It's weepy garbage from the late 90s that didn't fit the tone of the scene eat my poo poo gently caress you suck my cum I look forward to the next season which they said "is more like a sequel than a new season" even though it has the same characters hm very interesting.

sorry i'm a ravebabby and you weren't fucktard we had fun doing drugs and dancing all night you were probably still playing d&d NERD

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Can you still dance all night now that the e has drained your spinal fluid or do you just sit in backrub circles sucking on pacifiers SLUT I bet you'd give it up for Steve Harrington even if he didn't have that hair.

smack632
Dec 31, 2007
Nope it's Bojack Horseman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

smack632 posted:

Nope it's Bojack Horseman

No that show is a scrub tier Archer knock off

• Locked thread