Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I walked out on John Wick because I was just completely bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sloth
Jun 5, 2004

GIMME DEM PIZZA PIES
Walked out on that piece of poo poo "Stuck On You" shortly after it started , why I was even there in the first place who knows

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I walked out of The Core.

I mean, I could handle "unobtanium", because gently caress it, it's a movie, right? But then they go outside and walk around in that diode-thing (or we), and there's a small hole and the magma start pouring in, instead of immediately imploding the whole thing and ... uggggh.

I saw it recently on Netflix, and I was right to walk out.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Watchmen because I was there with a buddy and his mom and she didn't like the giant blue donger. Also You Don't Mess with the Zohan because Adam Sandler is an unfunny piece of loving poo poo.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas as a young adult. It was just utter mindless shite and I couldn't get into it at all.

Fantasia as a kid because it was just disney characters set to lovely classical music and I told my mum it was boring over and over until she gave up and we left.

spud fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jul 25, 2016

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
You know how sometimes you watch something so awful that even if you were watching it alone in a cabin in Siberia, you'd have to shut it off? I walked out of the first Transformers movie when the racist robots showed up.
I just checked to make sure my memory on that was right, and it looks like the racist robots everyone actually talks about are from the second film, which tells me it somehow got worse. :psyduck:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jukeboxblues posted:

Yeah. I walked out of the last twilight movie after the wolf wanted to gently caress the baby.
ah, true to the source material, i see

Sekenr posted:

I walked out on John Wick because I was just completely bored.
i realize this thread is a judgment-free zone but you're really pushing it with this post

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I've never walkes out, but I was kicked out of the 2009 Star Trek for being loud and drunk.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Das Boo posted:

You know how sometimes you watch something so awful that even if you were watching it alone in a cabin in Siberia, you'd have to shut it off? I walked out of the first Transformers movie when the racist robots showed up.
I just checked to make sure my memory on that was right, and it looks like the racist robots everyone actually talks about are from the second film, which tells me it somehow got worse. :psyduck:

Racist robots?

You got loving issues lady.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

spud posted:

Racist robots?

yeah the yellow one wasn't allowed to talk

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

spud posted:

Racist robots?

Nah, that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I had already dealt with Golly Gee Nice Guy hero, keeping giant robots from my parents and a camera whose sole purpose was carefully sliding up Megan Fox's butthole.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

brylcreem posted:

I walked out of The Core.

I mean, I could handle "unobtanium", because gently caress it, it's a movie, right? But then they go outside and walk around in that diode-thing (or we), and there's a small hole and the magma start pouring in, instead of immediately imploding the whole thing and ... uggggh.

I saw it recently on Netflix, and I was right to walk out.

you're pretty fussy about scientific accuracy for a guy who confuses a diode with a geode

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Das Boo posted:

Nah, that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I had already dealt with Golly Gee Nice Guy hero, keeping giant robots from my parents and a camera whose sole purpose was carefully sliding up Megan Fox's butthole.

Fair enough then....I think the entire movie was intended to be a teenage boys wet-dream, so I guess it worked on that front. Megan does have a nice butthole though.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Not a walk out but my dad rented Transformers 2 and I thought I'd check it out. I got as far as the scene where some bullshit turns appliances into tiny transformers and they start running around the kitchen and one of the tiny robots farts. I had to turn it off because I have never seen anything so loving stupid, and the kicker is I love farts jokes. I know it's a cliche to poo poo on Michael Bay, but seriously, gently caress you Michael Bay.

Also I saw 2012 in theaters and I wish I walked out of that one. That movie was so loving terrible it made me angry.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
A movie I wish I had walked out on is Cosmopolis. Literally the entire rest of the audience (which to be fair was only 10 people) were gone by the time the last scene started.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My gf walked out of Cloverfield because the shaky camera made her friend get a migraine

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
After an overnight field trip in high school, a bunch of friends, boys and girls decided to meet up and watch a movie. Now this might have been an awesome time to get hype and then wild out, but we saw Dude, Where's My Car?

All 9 of us fell asleep.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

ElGroucho posted:

After an overnight field trip in high school, a bunch of friends, boys and girls decided to meet up and watch a movie. Now this might have been an awesome time to get hype and then wild out, but we saw Dude, Where's My Car?

All 9 of us fell asleep.

And then?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

And then?

That's it. The movie was so bad, it killed 9 teenagers' sex urges. We all drove home and slept.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

When I was a child, I convinced my mother to take me to see The Nutty Professor. Within 10 minutes of the movie starting she forced me to leave the theater.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Took one of my first dates to The Mummy and found it to be real tedious poo poo so said I had to go to the loo, went and played one of the greatest games of Time Crisis 2. Came back in quite a way into the movie.

Said I was having gut issues. Don't worry guys two dates later the deal was sealed :clint:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

That's it. The movie was so bad, it killed 9 teenagers' sex urges. We all drove home and slept.

And then?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Hook.

I didn't want to, but my annoying cousin was with me and wouldn't shut the gently caress up about leaving and going to the arcade next door and play video games into grandma came back to pick us up.

I was enjoying it but from the second the opening credits rolled he was saying "this is stupid let's go to Tokens and Tickets this is stupid".

I never did get to see the rest of it.

Other than that I've never walked out. I even sat through all of Coyote Ugly just because a friend of mine was an extra in it, and was going around telling everyone that he was an actor now, so I wanted to take a picture of the screen during his only scene so I could show everyone and shut him up.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Are we also tracking when we fall asleep at movies? If so I fell asleep during Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas and pretty much all of the Harry Potter films. I guess fantastical stuff makes me sleepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Worked at a theater for four years in high school and college. Saw a ton of free movies, took a lot of chances, saw everything through til the end except for Miami Vice and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. Just boring movies and I wasn't in the mood, even for free.

People usually did not often ask for refunds but were almost always reasonable when they did. As long as there was at least 45 mins left in the movie you could get a refund, we didn't mind.

Reasons people left (unless otherwise noted I am in concessions which is right by the doors to the theaters):

- A guy slams open the door of a showing of R.V. covered in white dust, sees me as the only person in the lobby and yells "a motherfucking ceiling tile just fell on my head" before storming out without getting a refund. I got written up because I was laughing as he stormed out

- LOTR Two Towers, someone said the theater smelled like poo poo. We refund them. Same thing with two more customers. Movie gets out, my buddy starts cleaning the theater, picks up a bag and says "wtf this is really heavy", looks inside of it and yells "poo poo! it's poo poo!" because someone liked Two Towers so much that they took a poo poo in a popcorn bag

- A patron leaves because Drunk Jeff was in the lobby being drunk. We usually kept him in a closet upstairs with a spare popcorn popper because we were so busy for Finding Nemo that we had to keep that poo poo running 24/7. But Drunk Jeff decided to go a little too hard at the mall restauraunt and started telling customers their kids were cute. Drunk Jeff disappeared without mention a few days later and we took turns running the closet popper.

- We had to use a leaf blower to clean out popular kid's movies, more than a couple times parents would ask for refunds because they couldn't believe we cleaned the theater by blowing all the garbage to the bottom and sweeping it up there. Kids movies are loving nightmares.

There's some tangentially related stories, like and subscribe and god bless

• Locked thread