Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win?
This poll is closed.
Team Chocolate 10 29.41%
Team Gummy 9 26.47%
Team Lollipop 9 26.47%
Team Mint 6 17.65%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

oldskool posted:

Chocolate on the board :woop:

Teams Gummy and Mint must feel pretty lousy right now.

AS WELL THEY SHOULD BECAUSE THEY ARE TERRIBLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

Woo I'm across.

Get hosed everyone else except Team Chocolate.

I already won, deal with it.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
team lollipops moms are the lousiest

crawling with fleas too

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.

Birdstrike posted:

team lollipops moms are the lousiest

crawling with fleas too

That's dogs. Their moms are crawling with dogs

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Move 16

Updating Firefox broke my plugins, imgur is still a piece of poo poo, it was sunny when I started this turn!

...started.

Here's what it's looking like.

Here's the draw.

CPig skips right back into the thick of it, catching the express to the Lollipop Forest.

JakeP and Divine both draw dead.

And...everyone else advances a few blocks, and, really, for simplicity's sake, let's dump the next five images and move right along to

Move 17

Which draws like so.

...don't even think about it, Meyer.

Podima becomes the latest victim of Gingerbread Plum Addiction.

CPig gets wrecked again and takes another trip to the Peanut Brittle House.

Infinitum gets lucky, though, and scoots through Gumdrop Pass.

But not as lucky as Solis, who hops up to the Ice Cream Sea.

Meanwhile...

Divine draws purple!

So after these two moves...

...Team Gummy starts playing catch-up...

...while a Chocolate train starts pushing up the coast...

...and a whole mess of goons are still strewn about the front half of the trail.

3/20 players have finished the game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
just advance to me finishing

Also personal favor, can you PM me your screenshot of my old av/title? I need a reference to remake it after this is done.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

sure

e: it's not animated tho

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

sure

e: it's not animated tho

that's fine i have the image file, i just need a reference to fix up the text below it :love:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Aww yeah Candy Castle bitches

Team Lollipop is now provably twice as good as Team Chocolate and infinity times better than Teams Mint and Gummy. That's just math, motherfuckers.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Moves 18-22

Yes. 22.

So, I'll sum up.

Tommunist skips ahead to the Lollipop Forest. Then he moves ahead a couple blocks. Then he skips back to the Lollipop Forest.

Podima actually skips ahead by drawing Mr. Mint. A couple turns later, he does the same by drawing Jolly.

oldskool gets trapped by King Fucker Plumpy, losing at least 3/4ths the distance to the Castle.

Maigius falls back from the same region, landing in the Gumdrop Mountains, but immediately bounces back to the Lollipop Forest on Move 19.

Infinitum gets stuck in the Gooey Gumdrops. He escapes two or three turns later.

Bowmore and chaoslord get within two or three spaces of the castle, but chaoslord gets dumped back to the Peppermint Forest on Move 22.

CPig mostly recovers from getting dumped at the Peanut Brittle House, catching the Queen Frostine card.

JakeP gets out of his Molasses Swamp situation in the worst way, falling back to the Peppermint Forest, then immediately gets hit with Plumpy's card.

Birdstrike skips from the Licorice Castle to the Peanut Brittle House.

PBS Newshour then immediately gets stuck in the swamp instead, escaping by means of Queen Frostine, getting to re-run the last quarter of the path again, but, as we've seen, it could be worse.

djw falls off the lead pace with what I think is their first character card draw, finding themselves in the gooey embrace of Jolly.

AnonymousIdiot has been trucking, drawing a couple well-timed doubles and breaking out of the pack that's built up from players dragged back to the Gingerbread Plum Trees and Peppermint Forest.

You get the idea.

However, this also happened:

So we stop for now.

Here's the current running order:

Absurd Revolver, Solis, CPig

Maigius, PBS, Tomm, Birdstrike

RF, AAI

Inf, Podima

djw, Ace

oldskool, chaos, Jake

4/20 players have finished the game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
bowmore? BOWFLEX

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Team Gummy confirmed for Worst Team.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Team chocolate bringing it home soon. Unless we keep succumbing to crippling sugar plum auction

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
rise... its time we rise

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

more like team dummy IMO

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So here's where we are.

Move 23

CPig drops back to Jolly from 11 spaces from the end. (-11)
ARevolver advances to -4, Solis stands at -10

Move 24

Birdstrike drops back to Jolly from the Ice Cream Sea.
PBS lands in the swamp again (-13)
Solis advances to -8, AR to -3

Move 25

DJW drops back to Plumpy from the Gumdrop Mountains
Ace jumps up to the Ice Cream Sea from the Gumdrop Mountains
PBS escapes the swamp...by hearing the gummy call of Jolly
Chaoslord falls back to the Peppermint Forest...but because they're already nearly in last, it's just a loss of ten squares
Solis advances to -6, AR stands
Maigius draws double-blue and advances to -4

Move 26

AR stands, Maigius advances to -2, Solis advances to -5
Retro falls out of the Ice Cream Sea and lands in the Peppermint Forest
PBS gets stuck in the Gooey Gumdrops

Move 27

Chocolate gets crushed just inches from glory - Maigius (-2) drops back to the Ice Cream Sea and Solis (-5) tumbles all the way back to the Gumdrop Mountains
PBS remains stuck
Tommunist draws double-blue and advances to -10
and...

Absurd Revolver completes the game.

Also, hi, Meyer.

Here's how the running order breaks down:

Tommunist out in front all alone.

Ace & Maigius creeping up behind, Anonymous makes it out of the Forest.

Pods, Inf, Birdstrike, oldskool and CPig around the halfway mark.

PBS, Jake & Solis in the Mountains.

...and djw, chaoslord and RF in the back.

5/20 players have completed the game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Go to Chicago for a few days and all of a sudden I'm at the back of the pack. FFS

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

gently caress

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Top 5 not bad.

Lollipop has this tied up, much like your collective mothers when we're getting kinky on Kinky Tuesdays.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Hubris.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Three Lollipops have finished. So has one Mint and one Chocolate.

Dear Team Gummy: Kill Yourselfs.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Three Lollipops have finished. So has one Mint and one Chocolate.

Dear Team Gummy: Kill Yourselfs.

no you get lynched, scumbo

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

no you get lynched, scumbo

No lynch mobs allowed here at King Candy's Castle where the winners are you sad pathetic jackhole

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Move 28-???

This will be the final game post of Twenty Player poo poo-Talking Candy Land.

I'm not going to talk much about what moves were actually made, though the complete rundown will be available in this post.

You'll see in my notes that I originally added in a lot of color commentary about what I was going to say about each move, "oh, that was close" or "stuck in yet another pile of gumdrops I see, Birdstrike" and so on.

And then I started noticing how long it was taking. And I realized that there were some fundamental flaws going on here.

(I've highlighted interesting bits in the notes, which, for the most part are players one square away from finishing getting dumped back to Plumpy or similar.)

Moves 28-37

Tommunist finishes on 29, Acebuckeye one turn later. At this point, I think, I'm on a roll!

Moves 38-43

Gummy almost show solidarity (the last blue card in the deck got dealt to Birdstrike that turn.)

Moves 44-49

The second of at least ten instances where a player on the last possible space draws a character card, and I doodle a possible rule idea.

I think this is from about here.

Moves 50-55

JakeP finishes on Move 50, CPig and Chaoslord within the next three turns, and it looks like Gummy may have a say in this after all.

Here's the table just after Move 52.

Moves 56-61

PBS finishes on Move 57 and it looks like Gummy is going to turn the tables...except Infinitum drew Mint back on 52 and won't be a factor for a bit.

In the meantime, things start getting nuts, with Lollipop threatening to win the whole shebang.

But of course Podima gets Plumpied and DJW drops into the Ice Cream Sea.

Moves 62-68

Disaster strikes Mint, just as they look to be sealing a comeback. RF and Idiot get Plumpied and Jollied while Birdstrike remains stuck somewhere (which was a running theme of the entire night, as the constant stream of "Bird still stuck" notes would indicate)

Also, you should listen to the albums I had on while I was doing this, it's good.

PLAYLIST:
Marissa Nadler - Strangers
Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV
Kraftwerk - Ralf und Florian
This classical record
Manzanera - K-Scope
Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus (live)

I believe this was taken around turn 62. Oddly, there's literally no one on the left half of the board.

Moves 69-75

Whenever you see a negative number in parenthesis, that's how short the player was from the final square when they got taken out by a wandering Jolly or what-have-you. On the 73rd turn, Podima finishes the game, meaning that both Lollipop and Gummy are one away from taking the title of best team.

Moves 76-87

Notes are definitely becoming less verbose now, and I'm doing all I can to minimize the writing. Unfortunately, the writing helps keep me focused, and prevents me from losing track of whose turn is where, so it needs to continue on some level.

After Move 81 and I'm definitely a bit fried. But I'm the one who decided to do this, so...

Either way, three turns later, djw crosses the line, bringing all of Lollipop home.

But we're not done, I guess?

Moves 88-99

Bird gets stuck in the gumdrops for something like the third time (not counting the once or twice he got lost in the forest or stuck in the swamp.) RF finishes up on turn 94.

Moves 100-118

At this point, things start getting a little bullshit. I tell myself, if we're not out of here in another 50 moves, the rules have gotta be hosed with. Also, Maigius gets the Queen Frostine card twice in a row, so they don't move the second time, since they're already there. It's starting to get a little Weird.

Moves 119-143

Things are getting so bullshit that Bird gets four moves away from Jolly then draws him again.

Moves 144-165

So, the new rule. From turn 150 on, each player can only be affected by a particular character card once. If it shows up again for them, they draw again. Should have thought of this 100+ turns ago. Birdstrike gets the gently caress out of Dodge come turn 158. The new rule first kicks in six turns later.

Moves 166-185

Final Rankings:

1. Li Dawny
2. CirclMastr
3. DivineCoffeeBinge
4. bowmore
5. Absurd Revolver
6. Tommunist
7. Acebuckeye13
8. JakeP
9. CapitalistPig
10. chaoslord
11. PBS Newshour
12. oldskool
13. Podima
14. djw175
15. Retro Futurist
16. Solis
17. Infinitum
18. Birdstrike
19. Maigius

and...ladies and gentlemen, your 2016 Candy Land Mr. Irrelevant:

20. AnAnonymousIdiot

Once again, congratulations to Li Dawny and Team Lollipop for winning in stunning fashion.

Thank you for playing Twenty Player poo poo-Talking Candy Land.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not last :toot:

And now you know why I gave up on my LP :v:

Fun to poo poo talk.
Got boring poo poo talking the same 5 people tho.

Thank you very much for running the game Wren. Good fun.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Allen Wren posted:

and...ladies and gentlemen, your 2016 Candy Land Mr. Irrelevant:

20. AnAnonymousIdiot

fair imo

quote:

Thank you for playing Twenty Player poo poo-Talking Candy Land.

Thanks for running :v:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Looking forward to Twenty Player poo poo-Talking Candy Land 2: Idiot Still Lost In Woods :lol:

Thanks for running, Wren. It was a lot of fun.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Great game everyone.

Team Lollipop, we did it!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Amazing finish. Gummy went form also ran to just about victorious. So close.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
eat dicks everyone

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress yeah team Lollipop

loving hell Tommunist beat me

Now I can finally change my av back!!!!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for putting the effort into this game, Allen - it was fun as hell. I think it'd be interesting to do again with the character card rule in place from the start.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the drain glistens

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Woo! Lollipop! I entirely expected to be second to last after AnAnonymousIdiot. Glad I managed to get across.

This was just as much a clusterfuck as I expected it to be, but I found it fun. Thanks for running it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Well done, Allen, this was a lot of fun and you ran it well and also Rosemary and Meyer are good kitties who deserve treats.

Sadly, I have to agree with Infinitum; the poo poo talking was fun, but you can only poo poo talk the same people so many times before you run out of things to say.

Oh and YAY TEAM LOLLIPOP I TOLD YOU ALL

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Thanks for running!

This plus a certain video has inspired me to try something similar in Monopoly. Look for that in the recruitment thread later today, hopefully.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CirclMastr posted:

Thanks for running!

This plus a certain video has inspired me to try something similar in Monopoly. Look for that in the recruitment thread later today, hopefully.

oh holy gently caress

e: i'm the hat

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Podima posted:

Thanks for putting the effort into this game, Allen - it was fun as hell. I think it'd be interesting to do again with the character card rule in place from the start.

Considering the rate at which we went through cards, I think that might shorten the game a bit too much. I dunno. It might need to be (nooooooo) playtested

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Okay look for it tomorrow because I just got called out of town for a meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oldskool posted:

Looking forward to Twenty Player poo poo-Talking Candy Land 2: Idiot Still Lost In Woods :lol:

As terrible as it got, I'm still considering it for some point in the future.

Like maybe 2017.

• Locked thread