Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
who can't nail down the incredibly simple concept of "whiskey with water"? I don't want ice in my drink. I also don't want you to drown the loving thing with the water sprayer. I just want a dash of water in my whiskey. Is this really that foreign of a concept? Why do I have to yell my rear end off in the club trying to explain what I actually want to professional bartenders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Have you considered "Drambuie", op?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe order like a Strawberry Woo Woo or a Hello Sailor instead. Seems like more your kind of drink OP.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
op order the whiskey instead of making it complicated

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cnut the Great posted:

who can't nail down the incredibly simple concept of "whiskey with water"? I don't want ice in my drink. I also don't want you to drown the loving thing with the water sprayer. I just want a dash of water in my whiskey. Is this really that foreign of a concept? Why do I have to yell my rear end off in the club trying to explain what I actually want to professional bartenders?

Because, aside from "model", decent looking chick with a nice rack, doesn't always pay well.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

jackyl posted:

You're making me reeeeal mad, jackyl. You'd better watch yourself. I'm about to be on a real tear here right now, and you're standing nose to nose with me.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
msybe you should frequent a different establishment you retarded rear end in a top hat moron bitch gently caress rear end poop
-enfield

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the always do a good job of pull the knob and put beer in the glass, ask for that one

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
take a steamy poo poo on the bar

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
You don't want to have too many bartenders. They'll start laying eggs.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Cnut the Great posted:

I thought diluting whiskey was haraam?

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Stop being a pussy and drink the liquor like you don't get out of the shower to pee.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Just order the whiskey straight and a glass of water and don't let a dumbass bartender cock up your $12 glass of single malt op

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

loving dumbass customers thinking I know how much water they want in their drink when they say "whiskey and water."

Idiot, just order a god drat whiskey neat and a glass of water and mix it yourself.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

wiskey makes me angry

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Cnut the Great posted:

Why don't you stop being a pretentious retard and just shoot your whiskey like a grown man idiot

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

Why don't you stop being a pretentious retard and just shoot your whiskey like a grown man idiot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

wiskey makes me angry

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I don't like being angry

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
op should order a different drink like a "muddy hole" or a "docking ship".

what I'm saying is op is gay.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Cnut the Great posted:

Good luck. Try ordering 3 fingers of anything, anywhere anymore.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just take your whiskey to the bathroom and put as much water in it as you please, OP

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sasparilla, neat. :clint:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Ivor Biggun posted:

I thought diluting whiskey was haraam?

You're supposed to add a very small amount. Like half a teaspoon maybe. It's what whiskey nerds do.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Enfield posted:

msybe you should frequent a different establishment you retarded rear end in a top hat moron bitch gently caress rear end poop
-enfield

This has happened at multiple establishments, Enfield. This is what the so-called "free market" has wrought. Ubiquitous mediocrity.

vols bitch posted:

the always do a good job of pull the knob and put beer in the glass, ask for that one

I can't get drunk on beer, it makes me bloated and gives me killer nausea the next day. My doctor told me it's because the lining of my stomach is abnormally sensitive, then he told me to get down on my knees and suck his cock like the pussy-rear end little bitch that I am.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

loving dumbass customers thinking I know how much water they want in their drink when they say "whiskey and water."

Idiot, just order a god drat whiskey neat and a glass of water and mix it yourself.

I'm paying a 25% tip on a glass of overpriced Evan Williams, sorry that I expect you to go through the Herculean effort of putting a dash of water in my whiskey when I ask for it. "Whiskey with water" isn't some sort of obscure command, you're a professional bartender, if you don't know what it means then you suck at your job. I'm not going to bitch at you for not measuring out my preferred amount of water down to the exact milligram, but you should know that "whiskey with water" means a splash, it doesn't mean make a third of the drink water.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
it would be milliliter not milligram; pretty high and mighty for someone who doesnt know their weights and measures

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Cnut the Great posted:

Why do I have to yell my rear end off in the club trying to explain what I actually want to professional bartenders?

Found your problem. Bartenders in clubs are terrible. Don't go to clubs.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Crimson posted:

why do you think he has to yell at them?

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Cnut the Great posted:

This has happened at multiple establishments, Enfield. This is what the so-called "free market" has wrought. Ubiquitous mediocrity.

I can't get drunk on beer, it makes me bloated and gives me killer nausea the next day. My doctor told me it's because the lining of my stomach is abnormally sensitive, then he told me to get down on my knees and suck his cock like the pussy-rear end little bitch that I am.

I'm paying a 25% tip on a glass of overpriced Evan Williams, sorry that I expect you to go through the Herculean effort of putting a dash of water in my whiskey when I ask for it. "Whiskey with water" isn't some sort of obscure command, you're a professional bartender, if you don't know what it means then you suck at your job. I'm not going to bitch at you for not measuring out my preferred amount of water down to the exact milligram, but you should know that "whiskey with water" means a splash, it doesn't mean make a third of the drink water.

If you're leaving less than a buck a glass for your tip there's a pretty clear reason your bartender doesn't give a wet fart about your drink.

Drink at home if you're that much a picky dickbag.

Email Address
Sep 11, 2004

Don't mess with STAR WARS KID

Crimson posted:

Was going to post this. Clubs are where bartenders who can't snuff it in a bar setting go to slowly discover they're the cause of all their own problems.

They do this while serving garbage drinks after being told to use a light hand pouring liquors.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ryonguy posted:

If you're leaving less than a buck a glass for your tip there's a pretty clear reason your bartender doesn't give a wet fart about your drink.

Drink at home if you're that much a picky dickbag.

its what I do

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

up in da club jus tryin to get my sippin whiskey w/ water to bring out the unique flavors

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Cnut the Great posted:

you can't drink beer because of a stomach lining bejng "abnormally sensitive"band you have "preferred amount of water"

gently caress dude

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
OP what city are you in?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
like stop making getting drunk difficult

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

That's what I do, just a double shot of bourbon and a glass of icewater. Put just a small amount of water in, swirl it a few times, and it's a nice sipping drink. Problem is finding a bar with a nice bourbon, most do not.

e: I have a distrust of bartenders mixing my drinks, ever since I got sick from whatever the guy was putting in the whiskey sours at this bar party. I was tipping the guy a lot and he hosed me with a couple terrible drinks that made me sick. It was at a large gathering, I understand he's working fast, but whatever I got didn't taste like whiskey at all. Almost puked, left the bar, and it was straight bourbon (with cold water) from then on out.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 25, 2016

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

in the future there will be machines that serve you exactly the drink you want in under ten seconds and require no tips and will make your pitiful existence drinking alone even worse

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Cnut the Great posted:

Because "liquor and mixer" implies ice not only in popular parlance (where "straight up" means "neat" and "twist" means "slice" etc.) but as a concept of mixology as well. Just say you want it without ice and stop being upset the bartender is making your drink the way 99.9% of people want it because you deliberately ordered it in a way you knew you wouldn't get what you wanted just so you could feel smug.

e: if you insist on being an rear end in a top hat say you want a "bourbon and branch" that way you'll get a follow-up question and get to look cool, problem solved

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

i swear to god if i get another arnold palmer with 75% arnold and 25% palmer im goin postal

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
The biggest challenge as a bartender in interpreting an order is to determine whether the customer is from America or Wisconsin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Its 'Whisky with a dash of water to loosen it up an make it nice and slutty' you loving dumbass op no wonder you're getting a full 7oz glass of whisky and water

• Locked thread