Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Simple poll, what would you rather?

Being the ideal Sex Symbol for everyone and anyone. It doesn't matter who. It doesn't matter your age or well being. Regardless of any and all circumstances. Anyone who sees your picture, meets you in person or simply hears about your, in any circuitous fashion, wants to gently caress your brains out.

Or.

People can only see you for your mind. Whether it's to their own benefit or yours. Your brain power and thinking ability is all they are interested in. Whatever their motivation, it is purely because of your academic ability.

One extreme or the other.

Which would you prefer? Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
Yes.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

why can'not it be both

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

The first one

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The one that allows me to sex many women.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the brains one because i already got a magnum dong

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
ain't going to be no stephen hawking son bring on the bitches

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

lonesomedwarf posted:

why can'not it be both

I will refute my own point, close this thread and state that I am a "Complete and total rear end in a top hat" if you; can provide three real life examples of persons that are considered, by the public, to be; both a sex symbol and a very intelligent person. They are also recognized by peers in both fields, that being social dichotomy and the academic community as a whole. And finally, you provide a well thought out, researched and annotated thesis as to your thesis, as stated in this thread.

Otherwise, go gently caress yourself.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

lonesomedwarf posted:

why can'not it be both

There was only one David Bowie and he died

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Idk, this is a tough one. Do I want people to be madly attracted to me, or do I want nerds to have some vague 'gently caress yeah carl sagan' style respect for me?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

VendaGoat posted:

I will refute my own point, close this thread and state that I am a "Complete and total rear end in a top hat" if you; can provide three real life examples of persons that are considered, by the public, to be; both a sex symbol and a very intelligent person. They are also recognized by peers in both fields, that being social dichotomy and the academic community as a whole. And finally, you provide a well thought out, researched and annotated thesis as to your thesis, as stated in this thread.

Otherwise, go gently caress yourself.

Young Neil Degrasse Tyson was pimpin as gently caress

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ElectricSheep posted:

Young Neil Degrasse Tyson was pimpin as gently caress

And yet he was neither of the two, at the time.

Now he is the latter and not the former.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

which one gets me more money

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

hth posted:

which one gets me more money

Honestly?

It depends upon your age.

Funny thing that. Inn'it?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i can hire whores with all the money i get from suckering people into my mlm scheme

is this even a loving question

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

hth posted:

i can hire whores with all the money i get from suckering people into my mlm scheme

is this even a loving question

I guess you have your answer then.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The sex one. Sexiness is in the eye of the beholder, so if people think you're sexy, then you're sexy. Everybody on earth could think you were a genius, but it wouldn't change the fact that you're dumb as poo poo.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Honestly?

It depends upon your age.

Funny thing that. Inn'it?

You specifically said the sex symbol power worked regardless of age. Plus you can easily make the same money you would from being considered smart by having people who are actually smart want to gently caress you.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Sex symbol, every time. The only reason to ever get smart is so you can get money and then get laid. Just be sexy to begin with and skip the hard stuff.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

You specifically said the sex symbol power worked regardless of age. Plus you can easily make the same money you would from being considered smart by having people who are actually smart want to gently caress you.

Oh...oh it does.

It's just that, some people like to "EAT FRESH"

So regardless, they are only interested in, one, thing. :twisted:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Which option allows me to maintain an erection for greater than 4 hours

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Iron Prince posted:

Either, depending on circumstances

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'll take the Tower of Power, OP

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VendaGoat posted:

And yet he was neither of the two, at the time.

Now he is the latter and not the former.

lol, you're a eunuch if you don't want to turn an encounter with NDT into a real life Chuck Tingle novel.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Who What Now posted:

lol, you're a eunuch if you don't want to turn an encounter with NDT into a real life Chuck Tingle novel.

You fetishsize intellect, Facetime me.

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
I'm going to go with the first.

While the latter sounds nicer on the surface, like geeeeez, if people see you for what your interests are, then you get people who don't shut up about what they like if you have something in common. This is FAR more annoying than receiving tons of dick pictures.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VendaGoat posted:

You fetishsize intellect, Facetime me.

I fetishized his rockin abs

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i feel the same way about op's posting as i do about mondays.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Iron Prince posted:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

gently caress, I got legit excited because I thought this was a real smilie.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're all made from sex dude, if you wanna get all abstract about it and jerk off to pinwheels and shiskabob then whatever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm already the latter, but it isn't very helpful because i am dumb as poo poo

ToastedCrumbs
Jul 21, 2016
I'd take 1.

2 doesn't increase my intelligence right? So everyone would just see my dull as poo poo brains and thoughts.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if i picked the second one would i actually become smart or would people just think i was? the latter sounds dangerous

also the wording on the first one doesn't really preclude people appreciating other qualities the way the second one does. it seems like you could get a pretty solid george clooney out of the first one, but the second one you couldn't really get uh... jfk? somebody mostly appreciated for their brain but who people still wanted to gently caress. henry kissinger

gently caress it the first one

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
a real diana moon glampers, arent you, op?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

VendaGoat posted:

Being the ideal Sex Symbol for everyone and anyone. It doesn't matter who. It doesn't matter your age or well being. Regardless of any and all circumstances. Anyone who sees your picture, meets you in person or simply hears about your, in any circuitous fashion, wants to gently caress your brains out.

Or.

People can only see you for your mind. Whether it's to their own benefit or yours. Your brain power and thinking ability is all they are interested in. Whatever their motivation, it is purely because of your academic ability.

This premise is a false dichotomy: by the way you've phrased it, number one is closer to mass mind-control (in that anyone and everyone would want to have hardcore sex up on you) whereas the second is merely being a person with a reputation for making wise or intelligent decisions, who is either of middling attractiveness or is otherwise off-limits to the dating world.

Being a Mind Symbol means that everyone's trying to use you for their personal benefit and, with no one entirely interested in you for your looks you'd ultimately use the rewards of your mental advantages to get sex (which could potentially lead into skeezy territory), however:
Being a de facto Sex Symbol for everyone and anyone that will ever see you, meet you, or even hear about you even in a roundabout fashion sounds like a great way to get stalked by a bunch of gross psychos. Ugh. :sparkles:

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
The first one. Extremely attractive people are the most privileged people in the world, and can just cruise through life on their looks. Whereas if you're smart everyone just expects more of you.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i would have my feet replaced with lobster claws

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!
Based on my lifelong experiences as the smartest person in the room, I would much rather be a sex symbol. Find me a smart person who prefers it to getting laid and I'll show you a liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

VendaGoat posted:

Or.

I would rather be super sexy than a shittier version of Google

• Locked thread