Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

A great darkness shrouded the world.
The wind died.
The sea raged.
The earth began to decay.
Only a prophecy kept hope alive in people's hearts:
"When darkness veils the world, six warriors of light shall come."
And after journeying far, six warriors did at last appear.
In the hand of each rested a mysterious crystal shard...

Say what you will about the Final Fantasy series, but it's inseparable from tabletop gaming. Clearly inspired in large part by Dungeons & Dragons, the original game was an enormous success, and introduced many players - myself included - to roleplaying games as a whole. Given that, it's not especially surprising that it spawned its own tabletop system (several, in fact), created entirely by fans. So what better way to pay tribute to the series than to retell its very first story using the that system? That's what this is: an expanded retelling of the original Final Fantasy, featuring elements from all across the series.

Why FFRPG? I've heard it's bad.

Well, you're not entirely wrong. :v: It's definitely a wonky system that's over-complicated in places. But it's also pretty faithful to the series that inspired it, has an extremely robust monster-building system, and has some interesting ideas I haven't seen in many, if any, other systems (like using equipment, rather than character abilities, as the primary means of customizing one's build). And whatever its issues, it's both inoffensive and 100% playable. It might not be the best system, but we should still be able to have some fun with it.

I've played Final Fantasy a hundred times. Why should this interest me?

Because it's a chance to try out a game system you've never tried. Because you can hang out with other nerds and pretend to be a moogle. Because although this is the same basic story, the story is being expanded and tweaked, ensuring even a veteran will see some surprises. (The intro text at the top should be a clue that there have been some changes made.)

I've never played a Final Fantasy. Can I still join?

Sure. As long as you're willing to learn the rules and not be a dick, you're welcome along. There's nothing about the system nor the setting that requires preexisting knowledge, though you may miss out on some references here and there.

I don't have the rulebook. Is that a problem?

Not at all, as long as you're willing to get it. The rules are available for free on this site in both HTML format and a PDF download. Use whichever you prefer.

Okay, I'm interested. Here's my character concept...

Nope. I'm breaking from Game Room tradition by not asking for characters as part of the application process. I'd rather pick the players I want, then have them put together a balanced party. So, for your application, I want two things. First, tell me a little about the character who, of all those you've played in tabletop, is your favorite. I'm not looking for a multi-page novel, just a bit about this character and why you enjoyed playing him/her so much. Second, tell me briefly about your experience with the Final Fantasy series. "I played one game and loving hated it" is fine, as long as you're willing to tell me why you hated it (and why you applied for this game despite that).

Fine. Anything else?

I'm looking for six players, but I'm willing to make do with only four if applications are light. I'll keep applications open until August 1st or so - I don't feel the need to give you more than a week, since you're not being asked to build characters.

The Party
Krysmphoenix, playing Princess Maria di Mezzo Carattere, bearer of the Crystal shard of light.
Arrrthritis, playing Elder Nergüi, bearer of the Crystal shard of fire.
Kurieg, playing Bitronel, bearer of the Crystal shard of wind.
Rhyos, playing Voleur Defalcator, bearer of the Crystal shard of water.
slydingdoor, playing Radiant Lycoris, bearer of the Crystal shard of earth.
EclecticTastes, playing Henlein Fermata, bearer of the Crystal shard of darkness.

House rules and character creation stuff are here.
The game thread is here.

5-Headed Snake God fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'd like to join this.

Favorite tabletop character: a toss-up between a Pathfinder monk/cleric (awesome campaign, me and a fighter/mage teaming up in a world on the brink of war to exploit all sides - including allying with a lich - for power and manipulation) and a Shadowrun merc (awesome character for a campaign inspired by Saints Row that died on the vine, but the idea was of a merc who cut his teeth in the Seattle sprawl and was coming back to his hometown of Stillwater to be a big fish in a small pond, only to find things changed in his absence and trying to assert a leadership role in a chaotic half-formed gang)

Final Fantasy experience: Played 1, 4-7, Tactics, 10, Tactics Advance, and 12 in that order. FF6 is my favorite for being a well-told, character-driven story, with FFT a close second, even if the system is totally exploitable, for at least attempting a mature and complex story even if it mostly just rips off the War of the Roses.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Weird system but at least it knows what it wants to be.

Favorite Tabletop Character: Ah, my good friend PI-923, the rusty old B-1 Battle Droid from my roommate's Edge of the Empire game. I built him as a pretty bog standard fragile sniper, but had some crazy fun with that character since being a robot meant I could do stuff no one else could. Of note I smuggled myself into a warehouse in a crate full of flakey explosive stuff, then detached my finger to create a spark to blast open the side and crawl out. It worked fine, until the guard's came to notice and uh...well let's just say that stealth section ended with the warehouse catching on fire. Two other characters I enjoyed playing was the "I necromancered myself into a ten year old clone of me" and a Felyne straight out of the Monster Hunter series. When I can get away with it, I tend to look at the characters on the edges of what is acceptable in the world.

Final Fantasy Experience: At some point I'm pretty sure I've played almost all of the Final Fantasy games. FF6 was my intro the series, and I particularly enjoyed I's GBA remake, V for the class system, IX Chocobo Hot & Cold for being a wonderful time waster, Crystal Chronicles for the ambience and hopeful melancholy, XIV for somehow managing to tie themes from nearly every single game in at some point, Dissidia for just looking amazing with flowing combat...by this point the series has become a lot of things, but I'm rather amused how it started as basically a D&D clone and has progressively morphed into it's own self-created Crystalpunk multiverse. Oh, and the absolutely adorable chocobo spin-offs

And if you connect the dots between the two, you should probably beware that I'm probably going to try to figure out a way to refluff one of the races into a chocobo.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I'm down to try this.

Favorite Tabletop Character: I feel like my favorite character changes from week to week. On the one hand I really like playing over-the-top characters and just kind of adding a level of ridiculousness to a game, while on the other hand I kind of like developing a character around an inner conflict and seeing how things pan out. My most recent memorable character was for a Skype game a friend of mine was running, Bhakul Norixius, a character from the former category where I got to be an egotistical jackass and do dumb poo poo which would end up driving the story forward, for better or for worse. I'd get to do a decent job as a fighter, but mostly I'd try to soak up damage and/or try to enable my buddies to do well in combat. Being too aggressive or headstrong can get pretty annoying quickly, though, so I try to tone it down when appropriate and let other people do the talking at times.

It was fun getting the trait that he was honest to a fault, too, because at one point in the campaign we were being interrogated by some Elven Nobles who were like "Do you feel like you owe us your lives for the events that transpired?" and my guy was like "Don't be ridiculous! If anything all of you should be serving us until the day you die." He only got a searing brand on his forehead and back from it, too.

Final Fantasy Experience- I'm pretty well versed in Final Fantasy games. I've played most games until at least halfway through, while playing 1/2/4/5/6/10/13/Tactics/Mystic Quest to completion. I really liked 9, but felt like it kinda lost its edge around the 3rd disc and couldn't be bothered to keep playing. I haven't done much regarding the tertiary entries in the series, like... crisis core or whatever. Or the chocobo's dungeon games. I really like the overall concept and execution of FF5- especially the part where you're playing as the next generation of heroes trying to undo the mistakes of the previous generation. Although many people find its writing to be cliched or generic, I can't help but love it (and disagree with those statements to a point). My favorite though would have to be Tactics, with everything from the job system to the setting to the juxtaposed stories of Ramza and Delita. I've sunk hundreds of hours into that game, while any other game in the series I've probably sunk at most 40.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm game.

Favorite Tabletop Character: Anton Milner, a good farm boy from the northern expanses that spontaneously awoke as a Paladin and went to work doing good in the church's name. Helping out the helpless, healing the sick, and rooting out the more corrupt members of the clergy. Once he found out that the church was basically corrupt from the top town, and was working to suppress knowledge of magic and magical creatures for their own purposes, his response to the whole "Is it better to be lawful or good" question was "Good, all the way, now I'm going to cut you in half for being an needlessly evil torturing dickhole." He eventually found the resting place of the extremely weakened physical manifestation of his god, who implored him to reform the church and maintain the magical wards that protected humanity from the evils of magic (Which included benevolent things like dryads, good dragons, etc as well as demons and devils). The following exchanged occurred.

"Hey DM, my greatsword is vorpal, right?"
"Yes?"
"And he's too weak to fight back?"
"...yes?"
"Coup De Grace, I mercy kill god."

In the resulting climactic final battle between the allied forces of humanity, what was left of the church, the few magical critters we managed to ally with (We had an airship!) and the very angry magical creatures who had been imprisoned in deadgod's oubliette. I used Diplomacy to convince an angel that they were on the wrong side (By backhanding them with my gauntleted fist in the middle of combat and screaming "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?") Led a group of level 1 npc warriors to victory over a pit fiend (Aura of justice is very good), and once it became glaringly obvious that our party had basically expended all of our resources and we were hopelessly outnumbered: Anton grabbed a long rifle, walked out into the middle of the battlefield taking pot shots at the Elder Great Wyrm Blue Dragon that was leading the enemy charge, and called him out into single combat. Once the dragon landed, Anton flipped him off. That, of course, being the cue for the siege engines to completely level the hill they were standing on.

It was one hell of a way to end the campaign.

Final Fantasy Experience:We weren't a SNES household so my experience with final fantasy games was a bit more circuitous. 10-->6-->1(GBA)-->5(GBA)-->4(GBA)-->13-->ARR. (Yes I know 7 is notably absent from that list, my mental opinion of that game has been so built up by the cultural zeitgeist surrounding it that I'm 100% certain it could never live up to expectations so I just live vicariously through LPs) I'm a sucker for any game with a good job/party comp system so this system, janky as it is(I do like 13 :v:) is right up my alley.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
This takes me way back. Apologies if I totally nerd out for a bit.

Favorite Tabletop Character: It's a toss up between Fiver, the Warforged trenchfighter from a WWI-themed Eberron who wound up leading an army into space and Ras Butten (obvious portmanteau of Bas Rutten), a monk with an improvised weapon focus who narrated every aspect of combat as an instructional video, and never once took a sentient life. I enjoy breaking the 4th wall every now and then, don't have the patience for min-maxing, and love playing characters different than expected. (IE a hulking war machine with enough points in Diplomacy to make peace between 3 nations at a negotiating table, or a monk who regularly gets into bar brawls just so he can educate the party on the finer points of using a tankard as a terrifying tool of war)

Final Fantasy Experience: This is where I really nerd out. Back in the old days of the internet, I played the voice of Thief in a series of flash renditions of 8-bit Theater and had an absolute blast doing it. Weirdly enough, I still get recognized for it moreso than any professional voicework I've done. My first FF experience was with FF1 - a friend and I got all the way to Chaos, decided to try and save, and the cartridge ate our save file. Since then, I played through 7, couldn't bring myself to finish 8&9, and could never get into 10. I haven't had the opportunity to try anything beyond that! It's a toss-up between Tactics and 4 for my favorite. Final Fantasy was the series that got me started doing voice acting, got me inspired to learn swordfighting, and really made me believe that heroes could be real.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Hey, I like your application process. Group char gen is something people miss out on with PbP.

It was in a Bioshock inspired Dungeon World PbP that I played my favorite character–an alcoholic bounty hunter with the conflict curse from nethack, with the evil spirits of the people she killed or whose haunts she got too close to all in tow behind her, and all just waiting to get revenge when her spirit leaked out of her corpse. From that she became a paranoid hardass too young to die, and secretly a farsighted machinist and party mom. The best scene I can think of to describe that last part goes like this: the party boards and steals a submarine and names it the Priceless, but no one really knows how to operate it because all the competent people on it died or fled. So Ramona finds the manual, starts a celebration party, drinks everyone under the table until she's the only one not passed out, tucks them all into various beds–the little frogman alchemist was laid in a cookpot–then whips out her reading glasses and crams the whole manual, still worrying that someone might regain consciousness and see her in nerd form and then she'd have to kill them. I think the large part of what made the character fun to play was being Dungeon World Evil, which for the Fighter class meant being able to get XP from killing a defenseless enemy. I chose to make that an expression of fear instead of cruelty, and from that a character forced to be so selfish, controlling, and tightly wound to stay alive, having to drink herself to sleep, but not liking any of it and trying to not be a lovely person whenever the coast was clear. That antihero stuff, basically.

In terms of Final Fantasy Experience, I've played all of them up to 10-2, and the spinoffs released in that time, then just bits and pieces after that. I used to play the hell out of every squaresoft/enix game I could get my hands on. Even Ehrgeiz. And patching fanmade translations onto ROMs was a thing.

1, 4, and Tactics were my favorites because each of them introduced me to brand new kinds of games as a kid. First D&D in general, then a game with a plot and drama and such, then a game with intrigue and branching progression with class systems and TTRPG combat. After that they just got prettier and longer, which is still good of course. Thanks to the magic of sped-the-hell-up emulation I still play some of them every once in a while.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Oh this looks interesting, actually I think I've played with this system before (unless there's another FF-based tabletop rpg out there).

Anyway the tabletop character I look back on the most fondly is Takemitsu Heavy Industries Semi-Autonomous Terrestrial Ore Processor #1. I don't remember the system exactly but it was one of those ones that lets you mix tech levels/magic pretty loosely and scales everything down into points and categories. THISATOP #1 (unintentional acronym) was a gigantic drill train from an alternate Japan which had discovered dimensional travel and how to mine magic for fun and profit. Mostly profit. The drill part and feed hopper for grinding through the ground for magical ore was its main reason for existing, and both the GM and I agreed that if Alt-Japan discovered a magical world like Oz or Narnia they'd mine the poo poo out of it because environmental protection and employment laws don't apply to munchkins. The game's premise was that the bands holding the multiverse were coming loose and creatures from everywhere got displaced and thrown together to solve the mystery slay God, and I had a great time primarily driving into things/people as a giant drill train and then trying to trade magical ore of varying purity from the back of my feed hopper. Hilarious misunderstandings of biology and a throwaway line about Takemitsu machines running off the dreams of children (100% eco-friendly and guaranteed to improve study habits!) led to a pretty great time, even for the coatl character who I drove into and ground up into magical ore a little bit because he was getting stroppy and trying to exert cat dominance on the rest of the party. I think eventually we wound up tacking a freezer, spigot for bioslurry, and some other mechanical appliances and add-ons to THISATOP for party usage, but like Sam Beckett the poor drill train never found his way home. :(

I like and have played all of the Final Fantasy games. My favorite FF games are probably the Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon games because I like Mystery Dungeon games and they're charmingly cute. I'm currently playing Brave Exvius and that's a pretty good time waster.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, I have two favorite characters. One was Pollyanna Crawford, a pure sweet gay Southern belle ghost from a Wild West Monsterhearts game. She pretty much had the strongest voice when I was playing her, and she was the sweetest cinnamon roll. Then there's Kyung-won Han, a character I used for one game that never got off the ground and another that fizzled out quickly. She was pretty much the opposite of Polly, a rough, brash, kickass Korean woman who was either a werewolf or a Power Ranger.

I've played mostly the modern FFs, from 6 up. I like it well enough. Black mages are the best, what up?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
This sounds like a pretty fun time, I'm down.

Favorite character: It's not an easy choice, but I'd have to say my character in the ongoing Pendragon campaign here, Sir Briant of Newton, is probably my favorite, because I've had a lot of time to really develop the character's personality, and while he's diverged somewhat from what I originally had in mind, he still fits the general idea I was trying to embody, of a sort of self-serving and vindictive knight, to match the darker tone of pre-Arthur England, as part of my overall plan of his descendants in the Grand Pendragon Campaign each being more chivalrous and knightly, sort of like an Arthurian version of Ralph Bakshi's American Pop (though in this case, measuring success in terms of virtue rather than fame).

Final Fantasy experience: I've played most of the series, my favorites being 4-6, though I also enjoyed FF1 a lot when I played the GBA remake, though part of that has to do with having read 8-bit Theater, and imagining my playthrough as being more like that. I hated FF2, the leveling system was very frustrating, as I only noticed my lack of defense and need of magic after the enemies had become so strong that training up was an exercise in frustration. However, the side game from the GBA remake was a lot of fun, seeing as the dead guys came with a lot more defense and magic levels by default, and having learned to not neglect stuff just because I don't need it yet. I haven't finished the DS remake of FF3 because I stepped on the bullshit instant game over panel before remembering to save after the water temple boss and that drained all desire I had to keep playing. I've been trying to play FF7 on Steam, but it's kind of dull, mainly because everything about it feels dated in a way that the 2D Final Fantasy games managed to avoid. It's not even that I dislike it, it's been kinda fun, it just hasn't caught my interest the way earlier games (or even contemporary titles like SaGa Frontier) did. Also, if I had to rank 4-6 in terms of how much I liked each, I'd say I liked 6 the most, then 5, then 4. FF6 had, in my opinion, the best cast, and I liked how Magicite gave you a lot of freedom in customizing characters' spell lists, but I also loved 5's job system (also for reasons of character customization). 4 was fantastic, but it didn't have any standout appeal for me the way its fellow SNES installments did.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I've wanted to play in a game of this for over a decade, when I first stumbled onto the boggling mess that was 2e. Here's hoping!

Character: My favorite character I've played actually happened here, when I ran Sharon, the lab-grown pop star, in Ettin's Nyarthalotech game. She was a massively irresponsible idiot, which was pretty fun in and of itself, but I think all the characters in that game excelled because at some level we were all trying to outdo each other with ridiculousness. Pushing for that kind of over the top behavior is probably the key to any good roleplaying experience, especially when you have to fight against the distant nature of PbP games.

Final Fantasy: I've played all the mainline FF games except 11, and a goodly number of the spinoffs, including stuff like Explorers and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon. FFIX and FFT:A are my favorites in the series, mostly down to the characters and aesthetics over the gameplay, and if selected I plan to steal liberally from both for character fodder and portraits.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Good apps so far. They seem to be petering out, so if no one else applies in the next day or two, I'll close recruitment early so we can get started.

5-Headed Snake God fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 27, 2016

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Favourite Character: Probably would be Blast Pack, my Technomancer/Demolitions girl I played in a Shadowrun game a year or two back and honestly one of the worst persons I've roleplayed as. In DnD I always play a Good character, sometimes an rear end in a top hat but always Good aligned, and in Shadowrun games I usually played as a character with some sense of honor. The usual Physical adept meatwalls or the swauve assassins were generally loyal and willing to protect other members of the party. Not so with Blast Pack.

She was my first foray into non-combat characters and she ended up having a shotgun as her main weapon that would dislocate her arms from the recoil and a couple of flashbangs that she could barely toss over the head of the party Street Sam, consequencially she was a cowardly opportunist and always the last one to want to go in to a dangerous situation. It was refreshing to be as someone who's morality was a risk/reward chart and everyone knew it. Except for the phys adept that she always dove behind whenever discussions got slightly hostile.

Final fantasy experience:
Played to completion: VII, IX, X, X-2, XII
Played to the last dungeon: V, VI, VIII, Tactics, Tactics Advance
Played a bit of: I, II, IV, Tactics Advance 2, XIII
Never played/less than 1 hour playtime: III, XI, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, XIV

Favourite is IX and unless XV and the VII remake are mind numbingly brilliant, it's going to stay that way for a long time. Loved the characters, loved the locations, loved the Chocobos.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Applications seem to have pretty much petered out, so I'll be closing the thread in about a day.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

The application process is closed. I'll have my picks up as soon as I'm able.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Okay, my choices are made! For this game, I will be taking (in order of submitted applications): Krysmphoenix, Arrrthritis, Kurieg, Rhyos, slydingdoor, and EclecticTastes! It was a legitimately tough choice, and I very much enjoyed reading your entries. It's given me some insight into what I want to do with this game, and the characters were pretty entertaining. Those of you who were not selected will be given first priority in the vent that I need to replace someone.

As for those of you who made it in, you now are charged with the more more difficult task of putting together a party. For those of you who aren't familiar with the system (most of you, I suspect), party-building recommendations aren't too different from D&D and similar games. You'll want a healer, and offensive caster, a tank, and probably someone with good Speed to toss out items or pick off weakened enemies in an emergency. The game has plenty of ways to accomplish this, however, as well ad lots of jobs that are handy despite not filling any of those roles, so you have a lot of flexibility.

A few miscellaneous bits:
*Virtually all character building options are allowed. The only things I'm outright disallowing are two specific Animal Companion options: Counter Fang and Guardian. I don't think they're unbalanced; I just don't like having to remember them in combat.
*For story reasons, I'm not allowing races to be reskinned. (Sorry, Krysmpheonix! You can still grab a chocobo with the Animal Companion Advantage if you like!) The only exceptions are the Galka, Mithra, and Tarutaru races, which you're free to reskin into their FFXIV counterparts (Roegadyn, Miqo'te, and Lalafell, respectively).
*All players must have different races and jobs. No exceptions.
*I felt that the game was lacking one particular type of weapon, so I made it myself: hammers!
*I've included a character sheet below. You're welcome to use it or not, as you like.
*Creativity is a good thing and I encourage it, both in flavor and in customizing your character via Advantages and Disadvantages.

House Rules
Battle Rows: One of the main issues I've seen in playing this game is that there's not much to stop monsters from targeting fragile characters mercilessly. Thus, I'm adapting the idea of battles rows (which I'll abandon if it proves too unwieldy or imbalanced). At the start of combat, each PC is in either the front or back row. Characters in the back row both take half damage from physical attacks and deal half damage with them, unless the attack in question is Ranged. If at any time all the front row characters are incapable of fighting (0 HP, petrified, stopped, asleep, etc.), all back row characters immediately come to the front. A character can spend an action to change rows, unless he's the only character in the front row.

pre:
Name: 
Race: 
Job: 
Level: 
Experience: /

HP: /           HP Die:
MP: /           MP Die: 

Attribute     Current     Maximum     Rating     Default     Last Raised
Strength
Vitality
Agility
Speed
Magic
Spirit

Evasion:            Magic Evasion: 
Armor:              Magic Armor: 
Dexterity:          Mind: 
Accuracy:           Magic Accuracy: 
Expertise:          Invent: 

Location     Name          DMG   ARM   M.ARM   EVA   M.EVA   Effects/Notes
Right Hand
Left Hand 
Head
Body
Hands
Accessory

Inventory

Advantages: 
Disadvantages: 

Skills

Job Abilities/Spells

5-Headed Snake God fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 3, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

I'd like to go Ninja or Dragoon. Viera or Varg.

e; Looking at it, Samurai might be fun too.

e2; or Summoner!

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 31, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Maleketh posted:

Okay, my choices are made! For this game, I will be taking (in order of submitted applications): Krysmphoenix, Arrrthritis, Kurieg, Rhyos, slydingdoor, and EclecticTastes!
Yaaay!

Maleketh posted:

*For story reasons, I'm not allowing races to be reskinned. (Sorry, Krysmpheonix! You can still grab a chocobo with the Animal Companion Advantage if you like!)
Nooooooooo!

Ugh, does this mean I'm going to have to play as a moogle?

Either way I'm feeling something either in the Adept or Expert lists. Wanna see what other people's thoughts are first.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Blue Mages are like, my favorite character concept. So I'd like to be one of those, probably a Yeti if it wouldn't gimp me too much- but I could go Qu/Ronso if you guys would prefer I go more optimal.

If you guys would prefer for me to go something less jack-of-all-tradesy, then I could go Chemist or Paladin instead.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

Blue Mages are like, my favorite character concept. So I'd like to be one of those, probably a Yeti if it wouldn't gimp me too much- but I could go Qu/Ronso if you guys would prefer I go more optimal.

If you guys would prefer for me to go something less jack-of-all-tradesy, then I could go Chemist or Paladin instead.

Yeti isn't the optimal choice for a blue mage, but it can still perform the class's tasks competently. I certainly have no issue with a non-optimal build.

Also, blue mages are cool.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
The nice thing is that racial modifiers only effect stat maximums. Unless we're minmaxing a character pretty drat hard, we might not hit that maximum when it comes to distributing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I kind of want to do an offensive Caster, Red Mage, Black Mage, or maybe a Magic Knight because that was one of my favorite IV jobs.

I need to give the rules a more thorough reading over to figure out precisely how character creation works and stats interact with the races.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Krysmphoenix posted:

The nice thing is that racial modifiers only effect stat maximums. Unless we're minmaxing a character pretty drat hard, we might not hit that maximum when it comes to distributing.

You almost certainly won't. Racial maximums are intended to be hit later on in your careers. (Remember that you get to raise one of your stats by 1 at every level.)

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I'm thinking either Engineer or Time Mage, probably just Human. While the combat role would vary by the job I take, the actual party role I'm looking to get the same, either way. I plan to take the Advantage to get aptitude in either Technical or Scholastic, as needed (the job provides the other) and serve as the resident science/tech nerd. Assuming nobody else wanted in on that, of course.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Gotta admit I kind of want to reach for EXTREME initiative with crafted Speed gear.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
So a thought came to me out of the blue when I glanced through Bard. What if I played Maria? As in the historical figure from the opera in Final Fantasy VI? Only instead of happily marrying Draco, he and Ralse ended up killing each other, both of their kingdoms fell into ruin causing her to flee and somehow end up with one of the six crystals? Probably going to end up being a Human though.

Thinking probably try to take a few social skills to be the face of the party. Chocobo Companion (because I'm not giving that up), Gillionaire, and Heirloom. Disadvantages with Code of Honor since she is, or was, a noble, and Devil's Brand since part of her died that night.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Krysmphoenix posted:

So a thought came to me out of the blue when I glanced through Bard. What if I played Maria? As in the historical figure from the opera in Final Fantasy VI? Only instead of happily marrying Draco, he and Ralse ended up killing each other, both of their kingdoms fell into ruin causing her to flee and somehow end up with one of the six crystals? Probably going to end up being a Human though.

Thinking probably try to take a few social skills to be the face of the party. Chocobo Companion (because I'm not giving that up), Gillionaire, and Heirloom. Disadvantages with Code of Honor since she is, or was, a noble, and Devil's Brand since part of her died that night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xFhULStbkQ

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

slydingdoor posted:

Gotta admit I kind of want to reach for EXTREME initiative with crafted Speed gear.

Sorry; I'm not using the crafting rules. Learning the game is going to be enough without them.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Heirloom never struck me as a very good Advantage (you're getting a short-term benefit in exchange for a permanent weakness), but my skill at rules analysis isn't great so I might be wrong. Your general concept is cool though, and I can definitely integrate it into the overall narrative I have planned.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Krysmphoenix posted:

I'm for this idea. The only concerning thing about it is that we can have only one human in the party so our engi friend might feel shafted.

Would it be okay if I picked up hammers for my blue mage? I think it might fit with the whole Yeti brute force character- although it's okay if I can't. I'm okay with picking up whips/staves/fists otherwise. I may gravitate towards whips/fists because I don't want to compete with any of our pure caster characters.

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 31, 2016

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

Would it be okay if I picked up hammers for my blue mage? I think it might fit with the whole Yeti brute force character- although it's okay if I can't. I'm okay with picking up whips/staves/fists otherwise. I may gravitate towards whips/fists because I don't want to compete with any of our pure caster characters.

Special Advantage lets you use whatever weapon you want, but otherwise hammers are off-limits to a blue mage. I recommend keeping a few weapon types available to yourself, to give you more options when buying gear. Remember that choice of equipment is important in this game, so having lots of options open to you is beneficial.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Maleketh posted:

Heirloom never struck me as a very good Advantage (you're getting a short-term benefit in exchange for a permanent weakness), but my skill at rules analysis isn't great so I might be wrong. Your general concept is cool though, and I can definitely integrate it into the overall narrative I have planned.
I'm thinking of it more as a promise to get a Ribbon later. :D I'll glance through things though. I'm not too devoted to Heirloom, just felt appropriate for "runaway princess of a fallen kingdom"

Arrrthritis posted:

I'm for this idea. The only concerning thing about it is that we can have only one human in the party so our engi friend might feel shafted.
Yeah, Eclectic Tastes, how do you wanna tackle this? I'm not opposed to switching to Elf or Tarutaru/Lalafell if you're devoted to human.

Good, but I was thinking more this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r11LiadLCRU

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 31, 2016

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Krysmphoenix posted:

Yeah, Eclectic Tastes, how do you wanna tackle this? I'm not opposed to switching to Elf or Tarutaru/Lalafell if you're devoted to human.

If I go Engineer over Time Mage, I'd be okay going Dwarf, but if I go Time Mage, I'd prefer Human for the decent Magic cap (the other races with 10+ Mag don't really appeal). So, I guess it depends on how the party shakes out.

For specific build stuff, I'm probably going with Devil's Brand and weaknesses to Holy and Shadow. Excess experimentation with time has caused my character to become ever-so-slightly out of sync, and the primordial energies of the gods have turned against him as a side-effect. Advantages will depend on which class I go with (Pure Soul is a definite pick for Time Mage, Gillionaire for Engineer). I may just make both builds and let the party decide which they like more, chargen seems simple enough.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I've got two questions. I've been looking over the Mgaic Knight's class description, and is there anything in the class that actually uses the Mag stat? Second question, do we have a healer yet?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Elder Nergüi
music

"бла-бла- бла , почему вы даже перевод этого" - Elder Nergüi's last spoken words.

The frozen and blizzarding polar mountains of the north are no environment for any person to survive, let alone thrive. That is, of course, except for the ancient yeti tribes who have remained the north's guardians since before time began. Son of a tribal elder, Nergüi was able to lead his people to greatness and prosperity during his short reign, even during the times of crisis and great storms, eventually fathering a son and a daughter to inherit his title.

That is, of course, until the Yeti proved to be no more above courtly intrigues and lusts for power than the people who live below the mountain's summit. His children continuously fought against one another to see who might prove to be the better elder, and despite Nergüi's insistence of peace and cooperation, the conflict between his children escalated until the two of them engaged in a public duel to the death. Despite one of them being the clear successor, Nergüi bore a great amount of shame at his children's actions and proceeded to exile himself from his tribe at the ripe old age of 22, never to return until he died.

It was for years that Nergüi had lived off the land, with nothing but his wits and his trusty axe at his side. He had started to develop an aptitude for nature during this time, making sure to befriend the animals he had encountered (and learning how to avoid the more predatory counterparts). He never stayed in the same cave, and he never grew attached to any one animal companion in this time (for he knew he would need to eat them eventually). One particularly harsh blizzard had snowed him in to a frozen cavern at the summit of one of the tallest mountains. It was within there that he had discovered one of the crystal shards, and Nergüi listened intently as the Crystal spoke its prophecy to him.

The wind died.
The sea raged.

It was when the crystal had finished speaking that Nergüi had discovered an exit to the cave he was trapped in, and with his new life beginning he had begun to head south.

Bolormaa

During Nergüi's travels downwards from the summit, he had encountered a dying mother Zu not far from a nest of her own young. The lone survivor of the catastrophe that had befallen the nest had hatched only moments after Nergüi had arrived, and the gigantic bird had imprinted itself onto the elder Yeti. The Yeti couldn't bring itself to kill the fledgling bird creature, and as a result had gained an animal companion for his journeys onwards.

pre:
Name: Nergüi
Concept: Exiled Elder
Race: Yeti
Job: Blue Mage
Level: 1
Experience: 0/500

HP: 44/44           HP Die: d8+6/lvl (lvl 1- 3)
MP: 22/22           MP Die: d8+5/lvl (lvl 1- 3)

Strength         8           23         34         17
Vitality         9           25         37         18
Agility          4           14         22         11
Speed            5           17         25         12
Magic            7           19         31         15
Spirit           7           22         31         15

Evasion:     9      Magic Evasion:  13
Armor:       8      Magic Armor:    7
Dexterity:   59     Mind:           65 
Accuracy:    79     Magic Accuracy: 125

Right Hand
Left Hand    Light Axe   16 + d12
Head         Red Hat             1       3                   M ACC +10%
Body         Leather Plate       5       3
Hands
Accessory

0/400 gp remaining

Inventory
Tonic (+25 HP)

Advantages: 
Good Fortune (2 points) (2 rerolls/session)
Hardened (2 points)     (+2 HP/Level)
Pure Soul (2 points)    (+2 MP/Level)
Special Training (Axes) (1 pts) Thank you Polearm Proficiency
Animal Companion (2 points)

Bolormaa- Zu Animal Companion
Very Large - (10 pts)
Flying - (5 pts)
Mount - (5 pts)

Disadvantages: 
Fury (2 pts)      (Berserk at 11 HP/Lower)
Gold Sink (4 pts) (-20% Gil Gain, 400 starting Gil)
Elemental Deficiency (Fire) (3 pts) (+50% damage from fire attacks)

0/260 pts
Skills
Apt: Wilderness (Climbing, Animal Training, Navigation, Riding, Scavenge, Survival, Swimming, Tracking)

Crossbows, Flails, Gloves, Knives, Light Swords, Polearms, Rods, Staves, Swords, Axes
Armwear, Gauntlets, Hats, Mail, Robes, Shields

Awareness       (30)
Scavenge        (50)
Riding          (50)
Animal Training (50)
Climbing        (40)
Navigation      (40)
Survival        (50)
Swimming        (40)
Flails          (50)
Axes            (50)

Lores/Languages 0/160

Lore (Monsters)     40
Lore (Blue Magic)   50
Lore (Folklore)     30
Language (Ancient)  20
Language (Beast)    20

Job Abilities/Spells
Blue Magic - Ability to cast spells I learn from monsters
Azure Lore - Ability to learn spells cast on myself/party
Assimilation - Ability to observe spells cast on people other than my party. (Level)% chance to succeed.

Spells (0/22 MP)-
Transfusion (1 MP)
Goblin Punch (1 MP)
Self-Destruct (1 MP)
Laser Eyes (4 MP)
Red Feast (6 MP)
Leap (8 MP)
I did my rolls under Rebirth of a Legend if you want to look them up.

I was thinking my guy could have met up with someone else's character, and gotten along well enough with them that he had decided to tag along. idk what the elements of the crystals are going to be with six people (Fire/Ice/Lighting/Water/Wind/Earth?), but I'm thinking my guy might have the crystal of Ice, Water, Wind, or Fire.

I didn't take common because I figure it would be cool to communicate primarily through body language, investing some points in later on to speak stilted- and then decent- common tongue. If you guys think that is a bad idea then I can dump a lore skill for some points in common E: I put one point into Common so I can develop it as I level up.

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 1, 2016

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Second question, do we have a healer yet?

I'm going to build my character to be somewhat beefy so I can provide some decent off-heals (especially if I end up getting White Wind), but I don't think anyone has stepped up to the plate of being a white mage/white caller, or any of the other healing classes available.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Alright, I have first drafts for the two possible characters I could play ready. They're not all pretty and formatted yet, I'll doll up the one you guys would rather see in play (and yes, for those checking the math on my skills, I noticed the thing with the bolded skills being double cost just minutes after putting the stuff on Pastebin, I've already adjusted my copies of the sheets to fix the error).

First is Cormac, the Dwarven Engineer. He hails from a distant cave on a foreign continent, and brings with him unusual technology of his own design. He knows a great deal about magic, having incorporated a good deal of it into his inventions, though they're designed to be used by laymen. His particular focus is in deciphering the workings of Time Magic. After a disastrous attempt at building a time machine some years ago, his temporal signature has been warped, resulting in harmful resonance when he interacts with holy or unholy powers (even the minor divinity in healing potions lashes out on contact). On the bright side, he exists ever-so-slightly out of sync with normal time, and can sense ambushes the instant before they happen, preventing him from being taken off-guard. He seeks a solution to his problem, despite the beneficial side effect, while still furthering his research into the hypothetical notion of time travel. His ability to design useful or amusing trinkets from nearly anything makes every monster he slays more profitable, and he's a crack shot with his trusty rifle.

Second is Henlein Fermata, the Human Time Mage. He was a researcher and professor for a prestigious magic academy in (country where the campaign takes place), until he attempted to violate the laws of magic and travel to the past. He was cursed with a temporal disjunction that makes him vulnerable to light and dark magic. Even healing magic is rendered less effective, as it causes further injury before mending his wounds. Naturally, after such an incident, he was summarily dismissed, and it was suggested he make himself scarce, lest the authorities reconsider their decision not to have him prosecuted. So, he's suddenly found himself thrust into the lifestyle of the adventurer. Fortunately, he's well-equipped, as his mastery over his discipline allows him to see enemies moments before they arrive, and he can disperse most adverse temporal effects with ease. Along with his firm command over Time Magic, he's a wellspring of knowledge on a variety of topics, both arcane and mundane. He's also handy with technological devices, having worked with a large variety of clockwork mechanisms to better understand his discipline. Having lived for years at an academy of the arcane, he's also learned a fair amount about battlefield triage from White Mages, and the use of high explosives from Chemists. Perhaps his most valuable skill, however, is his experience as an educator, allowing him to pass his knowledge on to others.

EDIT: All else being equal with you guys, I'd rather take the Time Mage.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Unless it steps on anyone's toes, I'm going to reprise the Thief role I had mentioned earlier. If it comes across as too thoughtless/cheesy, let me know, and I'll whip up something different!

Voleur Defalcator Or Thief H. Larceny, Esq. in the lower human tongue.

Was it blatant? Sure. Crass? Undoubtedly. Could anyone prove a single thing? Not a chance. It was one thing to bear witness to the downfall of one's entire civilization, but another entirely to choose to leave it - to use one's years of expertise to subvert the future with a dash of the past to one's ultimate gain. Elfland was on its way out. The millennia of history, culture, and strife on the verge of crumbling into dust, much like the mountains and fertile valleys had been doing recently. Elves lived long enough to realize and recognize the futility of it, and knowing full well how much life he had ahead of him, Thief decided to make those years his. Might may make right in the wild, but the delicate dance of civilization and society was a very sentient creation, one that he was adept at. The interplay of truth and lies was what lived at the center of elven culture, and he planned on wielding it like a neutrally-charged hammer.

Pickpocketing, thievery, legerdemain, the terminology, while legally important, is realistically mere semantics for the practice of possessing someone else's possessions. Gems, in particular, managed to fetch a decent price, because everyone instinctively loves shiny things. Still, this one was quite different. A jagged shard of the purest crystal, the thrumming of a thumb along its' edge yielding a resonance that chimed like freshly-clashed steel and sounded like the most torrentially refreshing breeze.

The wind died.
The sea raged.

His fences and appraisers wrote it off as a useless chunk of glass, hearing nothing and knowing even less. But still, this crystal didn't just resonate, it spoke to him. Called to him in a way he had never experienced before. The fish kills in the oceans, the infertility of the crops, the weird smell on the winds, and the rampant wildfires had been written off as nature taking its' course, purging excess. But this... this signified something more. Something interesting. Not just destiny, but an opportunity to not just take everything that wasn't nailed down, but to pry out the nails and take that, too. A chance to save the world just might be the weight on the other side of the proverbial scale, bringing everything into balance.

pre:
Name: Thief H. Larceny 
Race: Elf
Job: Thief
Experience: 0/

HP: 42/42         HP Die: d8
MP: 0/0           MP Die: n/a

Strength       6            21          28
Vitality       6            21          28
Agility        7            20          31
Speed          9            24          37
Magic          4            15          22
Spirit         8            19          34

Evasion: 16         Magic Evasion: 12
Armor: 8             Magic Armor: 9
Dexterity: 65       Mind: 
Accuracy: 54        Magic Accuracy: 
Expertise: 33         Invent: 

Right Hand   Dirk          14+d6
Left Hand 
Head
Body         Leather Outfit n/a   4     4      0     0       n/a
Hands        Bronze Bangle  n/a   3     4      0     0       n/a
Accessory

585/600 Spent

Inventory
1 Tonic (HP+25)

Advantages: 
Multitalented: Social     (1 point)      (Affinity for Social skills)
Multitalented: Scholastic (1 point)      (Affinity for Scholastic Skills)
Gillionaire               (5 points)     (+20% Gil share, 600GP start) 
Disadvantages: 
Coward                    (4 points)     (Must retreat if HP<25%)
Elemental Deficiency: Bio (3 points)     (+50% Bio damage)

Skills
260/260 points

Weapon:
Knives         (35)

Thievery:   Aptitude (2:1)
Disguise       (30)
Escape         (40)
Gambling       (32)
Lockpicking    (36)
Pickpocket     (36)
Stealth        (32)
Streetwise     (36)
Traps          (30)

Social:     Multi-Talented Affinity (2:1)
Etiquette      (40)
Intimidation   (30)
Negotiation    (36)
Smooth Talk    (36)

Scholastic: Multi-Talented Affinity (2:1)
Inquiry        (30)

General:
Awareness      (23)

Lores & Languages: Affinity via Scholastic (2:1)
160/160 points spent
Language (Common)  (80)
Language (Elvaan)  (80) - Base points placed here due to racial native tongue
Laguage (Mogri)    (80)
Lore (Elvaan)      (80)
Lore (Criminal)    (50)

Job Abilities/Spells
Steal (Accuracy, Evasion to take an item from target combatant)
I think I've got this sorted out proper, but it's likely I'm missing something. Feel free to critique, and let me know if I'm doing it right!

Rhyos fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 3, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Radiant Lycoris

Knowing she would have to grow up laying many of them on her parents' grave, she was named after the Red Spider Lily. Now she lives to bury the monsters who were responsible, and leaves her titular Corpse Flower seeds where they lie. Her cricket familiar Klynbroda is the only one who really gets her to crack a smile.

Quote:
Destroying monster after monster, Diane mutters cool parting words,
"You're finished!
Die!
Rest in Peace!
Begone!
Get out!
Farewell!
Let's end this!
It's over!"
"Ah..."

Dian draws a blank on the next deathstrike line, but Klynbroda comes in for the save, not missing a beat–
"I think we should see other people!
It's not you, it's me!"

Dian smiles and joins in,
"I just need some space!
We're not meant to be!
I love you, but I'm not in love with you!
...Dammit, how many more of these bastards are there?!"

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Blood Type: AB
Positive Traits: Intense, Motivated, Resourceful, Cool, Rational
Negative Traits: Intolerant, Domineering, Distrustful, Critical, Unforgiving

Advanced Traits: Stigma, Beauty, Grand Entrance, Heightened Senses, Vengeance, Straight Arrow.

pre:
Name: Radiant Lycoris
Race: Hellsguard Roegadyn
Job: Fighter
Experience: /500

HP: 49	HP Die: 1d12

Now	Max	Rating	Default	Last Raised
STR	11	26	43	21		
VIT	15	30	55	26		
AGI	3	20	19	10		
SPD	9	19	37	18		
MAG	1	13	13	6		
SPR	1	12	13	6		

EVA:	12	M. EVA:	2
ARM:	6	M. ARM:	2
DEX:	57	MND:	53
ACC:	97	M. ACC:	103

Name		DMG	ARM	M.ARM	EVA	M.EVA	Effects/Notes
RHand	Boomerang	22+d6					
LHand	Boomerang	22+d6					
Head	Soldier Helmet		3	1			+10ACC
Body					
Glove	Gilt Glove		2	1			Headhunter	
Acc		

Inventory
Tonic	x2 
Red Spider Lilies and seeds
15 gil

Advantages
Combat Reflexes 2
Goddess's Mark 3
Good Fortune 1
Hardened 2
Animal Companion 2: Sentient 2, Summoned 2, Skilled 5, Highly Skilled 10

Disadvantages
Fury 1
Vulnerability 2: Toxin
Vulnerability 4: Mystify
Elemental Deficiency 3: Holy

Skills
50	Awareness
50	Bows
50	Swords
50	Thrown
50	Two Weapons
50	Weapon Systems
50	Stealth
20	Animal Training

Languages
50	Common
20	Roegadyn
50	Ancient

Lore
20	Roegadyn Area
20	Roegadyn History
20	Roegadyn Folklore
30	Abnormal Monster

Klynbroda's Skills
50	Inquiry

Job Abilities/Spells
BATTLE SKILL
The Fighter’s forte is versatility, not technique. A good Fighter uses
every weapon at her disposal and every edge she can find in the
name of ultimate victory, a fact reflected in the Fighter's abilities.

! Battlefield Genius
While weapon abilities are canceled out by most Warrior
abilities (the Archer's Take Aim is an example of an
exception), every single one of the Fighter's abilities using
weapon damage continue to make use of their weapon
abilities .

MIGHTY STRIKE Level 1
Target: Single Type: Slow Action (2)
Focusing on a lone opponent, the Fighter gathers her strength for
an all-or-nothing blow in the hopes of striking some weak point – a
rent in the armor, a loose scale, a vulnerable underbelly.
  Roll for Mighty Strike as you would for a normal Attack Action,
halving the Fighter’s Accuracy after modifying for the target’s
Evasion. If the attack is successful, Mighty Strike inflicts 200%,
Armor Physical damage on the targeted combatant. Equipment
Abilities may be used in this attack, and effects that increase the
likelihood of a Critical Hit affect the CoS of Mighty Strike by an equal
amount – +5 or +10 for Signature Weapon; +10 or +20 for
Critical+ and Critical++ respectively. However, Mighty Strike itself
cannot score Critical Hits.
hp: 1d12 2 :rolleyes:
Can I use Good Fortune on this roll? :v:

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 3, 2016

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

I notice that most of you aren't filling in the "Default" attribute column. This is the value you use when rolling an untrained skill associated with that attribute, and is equal to half its Rating.

Kurieg posted:

I've got two questions. I've been looking over the Mgaic Knight's class description, and is there anything in the class that actually uses the Mag stat? Second question, do we have a healer yet?

In order: No, magic knights' base damage is entirely dependent on their weapons; and no, on one's even said anything about playing a healer yet.

Arrrthritis posted:

Elder Nergüi

Looks fine at a glance.

Arrrthritis posted:

I didn't take common because I figure it would be cool to communicate primarily through body language, investing some points in later on to speak stilted- and then decent- common tongue. If you guys think that is a bad idea then I can dump a lore skill for some points in common

I don't think it's a great idea myself, but I don't object out-ot-hand.

Rhyos posted:

Voleur Defalcator Or Thief H. Larceny, Esq. in the lower human tongue.

You left out your starting job ability (Steal).

slydingdoor posted:

Radiant Lycoris

I'd advise against focusing solely on katanas. One of the biggest benefits of being a Fighter is that they can use any weapon in the game, and that diversity is a pretty huge asset. With several kinds of weapons at their disposal they can swap out weapon types as they find new models that suit their needs.

slydingdoor posted:

hp: 1d12 2 :rolleyes:
Can I use Good Fortune on this roll? :v:

Nope, gotta take the good with the bad. It'll even out eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I decided to make myself weak to fire so we could get a giant bird to fly us everywhere. I also decided to forego cudgels in favor of the much more brutal (and damaging) Axes. If anybody has any changes they recommend I am all ears.

• Locked thread